Page 1 of 17

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, December 5, 2004  -  7:23 PM Reply with quote
namaz

aoa
i wuld like 2 now if we can read small namaz, meaning can we shorten it. if we can, wot can we read. also wen reading kiza namaz can we read da kiza namaz with any namaz.
also do we have 2 wake up for sehri wen we are keeping a fast. i would really appreciate it if my questions are answered.

thankyou
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 8, 2004  -  11:23 PM Reply with quote
aoa
i wuld like 2 now if we can read small namaz, meaning can we shorten it. if we can, wot can we read. also wen reading kiza namaz can we read da kiza namaz with any namaz.
also do we have 2 wake up for sehri wen we are keeping a fast. i would really appreciate it if my questions are answered.

thankyou

salaamz
u can shorten ur namaz by prayin fard and leaving out the sunnah if u hav 2 but if ur outside a radius of 40miles**different opinions about distance and time but its more about how convinient it is 4 u realy** from ur home then u can do qasar **in a journey**

and u can pray kaza salah if u hav missd it but try nt 2 make it a habit
oh n u dnt HAV 2 wake up 4 serhi...sumtyms i cnt b botherd either
but the prophet (saw) encouraged sahur and sed thers a blessing in it- medically and spiritualy advised
hope this helps
xx
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 10, 2004  -  6:27 PM Reply with quote
aoa
thanku
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 11, 2004  -  1:13 PM Reply with quote
If any Salah has been missed for some reason, it must be offered and we should also seek forgiveness from Allah.

It is better that we say the missed prayer first and then go on to offer the other Salah.
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, December 11, 2004  -  7:54 PM Reply with quote
yeah thats what i do, if ive been a daft nut and prayed Asr after the Maghrib Azaan, i pray Asr b4 Maghrib
.xXx.
this isnt happening 2 regularly Alhamdullillah .xXx.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 21, 2004  -  10:39 PM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum,

What are the explanations of the followings?

1. Salahtal wusta [Middle Salah (Namaz)]- Al-Quran.

2. La Salahta illa be hazooril qalab [No Salah (Namaz) without present heart]- Hadith

Regards
Loveall
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 19, 2005  -  10:08 PM Reply with quote
!!!!!
oosman

USA
Posted - Sunday, February 20, 2005  -  3:09 AM Reply with quote
So what happens if a Muslim intentionally does not do salat (namaz)? Does he/she get punished for it?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, February 20, 2005  -  9:53 AM Reply with quote
Wa Alaikum us Salaam Dear LOVEALL & v v v Sorry 4 the Delay in the Reply. here are the answers of ur Questions according to my little knowledge:

1. Surely the literal meaning of "Salaat ul Wusta" is Middle Prayer (Namaz) & "Asar" Prayer is The "Salaat ul Wusta" as it Comes in the MIDDLE of the Day & Work.
2. the Hadith "La Salahta illa be hazooril qalab [No Salah (Namaz) without present heart]" means that One shoul try to be attentive TOWARDS Allah in one's prayer as Much as Possible.

&

Dear Brother OOSMAN, Plz Note that the PRAYER is the MOST important thing for a MUSLIM not only for his SUCCESS in the Life AFTER Death BUT also in this WORLDLY life & he becomes a Complete Citizen of a Muslim State if he's coming to Mosque Regularly for his Prayers.
So it means that it's HARD to Think of a MUSLIM who is not offering his Prayers "intentionally". Surely he'll get Punishment NOT only on the Last Day BUT even in this world By an Islamic State.
But REMEMBER that the off & on intentional negligence in the PRAYER is a Totally Different MATTER. Normaly In these type of cases a Muslim will Offer his Prayer as Soon as he'll come Out of this state of Negligence & you know SUCH a prayer may not Even be Considered as a "QAZA" Prayer by OUR MOST MERCIFUL GOD.

I hope this Helps
Regards
oosman

USA
Posted - Sunday, February 20, 2005  -  6:12 PM Reply with quote
Dear Ibrahim, assalam alaikum,

What you said is very interesting and a common belief among Muslims, that a Muslim will get punished if he/she does not do the salat. I realize it is a good thing to do the salat, but I just want to know where is your evidence that says one will be punished for not doing the salat. Or may be you just made that up?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 21, 2005  -  7:42 AM Reply with quote
Wa Alaikum us Salaam Dear Oosman

Here is my evidence. Allah Says in the Qur'an:

But if they repent & perform "As-Salat" (Iqamat-as-Salat), & give Zakat, then leave there way free. (9:5)

But if they repent & perform "As-Salat" (Iqamat-as-Salat), & give Zakat, then they are your brethren in religion. (9:11)

& When Caliph Abu Bakr (rta) wanted to take ACTION against those who were evading Zakat & Umar (rta) objected it then he said:

واللہ لاقاتلن من فرق بين الصلاۃ والزكاۃ
By God! I shall fight with those who will discriminate between the status of Salah and Zakah (Bukhari 1335 & many other books)

I hope this Helps
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 21, 2005  -  8:14 AM Reply with quote
Assalam o Alaikum,

Respected Mr. Ibrahim, I would like to add one more thing in the question asked by brother oosman....

What is the punishment in Shariah for leaving Prayer.

Regards
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, February 21, 2005  -  9:25 PM Reply with quote
aoa
dis is for brother oosman, currently im reading da english translation of the Quran and ive cum across something which would benefit you with your queries about salah.

"Guard strictly (five obligatory) As Salawat (the prayers) especially the middle Salat (ie the best prayer Asr*).

* Allah's Messenger(pbuh) said, "Verily between a man (ie Muslim) and between Shirk(polytheism) and Kufr (disbelief) is the abandoning of as salat."
he also said dat if one misses the Asr namaz intentionally, then it is as if he lost his family and property.

Now, tlking about my own experience i believe dat just taking five miutes for each namaz will do no harm to us. B4 i used 2 b lazy, but Mashallah im in a routine of reading 5 times daily. i believe if a person has time 2 listen 2 music and watch boring tv wen dey are so bored, five miuntes of our time and 25 minutes (in total for all the salahs) will make no change in our daily "busy" agenda. Plus u will find dat reading salah solves all problems and does in fact relax person, (im talking frm experience here, its as if i have a clear solution for all my problems).

My advice 2 u is dont be lazy, just be grateful dat Allah has helped us by changing da namaz from 50 to 5, so dont let da shaitan inside u win, just read da namaz because wen u die, it will be da salah which will be dere for u and not da tv, etc.. At the end of da day, weve got 2 face Allah, and wot will ur excuse be den for not readung namaz.

Allah Haffiz, i hope ive helped u wid ur question
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, February 22, 2005  -  5:43 PM Reply with quote
All that you have said is nice and good, but you have not answered my question.

What is the punishment for not doing salat.

Bring your evidence.

To say that if you do not do salat you will go to hell or be punished is wrong, because many who do salat will still end up going to hell. Doing salat is no guarantee to avoid punishment of hell.
Tariq Hashmi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, February 24, 2005  -  11:08 AM Reply with quote
IS importance of every thing is determined by punishment? I want to be a doctor. This is because i want to win a respectable place in the society and avoid penuriousness in futre.
In order to realize my dream i need to get admission in any medical college. Do i need some punishment to fear from besides these factors.
You write: "because many who do salat will still end up going to hell. Doing salat is no guarantee to avoid punishment of hell."
But offering only the salat is not sure guarantee to get you to heaven but abandoning it delibrately guarantees your going to hell for you have shown arrogance before the Lord of the Worlds. For God says: Then there succeeded them a generation who missed prayers and followed after lusts. But they will meet destruction save him who repents and believes and does right. Such will enter the garden and will not be wronged. (19:59-60)
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, February 24, 2005  -  8:56 PM Reply with quote
"IS importance of every thing is determined by punishment? "

That is exactly my point. People try to scare others with punishment if they do not pray. I do not agree with this approach to encourage salat. My point was there is no evidence that not doing salat will definitely lead to punishment, and therefore we should not use this tactic to establish salat.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next page >>
Page 1 of 17

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker