1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Sunday, July 23, 2006  -  1:57 AM Reply with quote
quote:

There is no way that husband could beat his wife.

YOU as well as so called Prof. Dr. Khalid Rashid Sager ARE WRONG!!

Edited by: Zulfee on Sunday, July 23, 2006 1:59 AM
oosnam

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, November 11, 2007  -  6:03 PM Reply with quote
quote:

The word ‘Daraba’ has at least 6 meanings in Arabic according to this web site. and are all used within the Quran:

Here are few of the verses of the Koran which clearly show the meaning of dharaba as beating and no other.

[2.60]- وَإِذِ اسْتَسْقَى مُوسَى لِقَوْمِهِ فَقُلْنَا اضْرِبْ بِعَصَاكَ الْحَجَرَ فَانْفَجَرَتْ مِنْهُ اثْنَتَا عَشْرَةَ عَيْنًا قَدْ عَلِمَ كُلُّ أُنَاسٍ مَشْرَبَهُمْ كُلُوا وَاشْرَبُوا مِنْ رِزْقِ اللَّهِ وَلا تَعْثَوْا فِي الأرْضِ مُفْسِدِينَ

[2.60]- And when Musa prayed for drink for his people, We said: Strike (adhrib) the rock with your staff. So there gushed from it twelve springs; each tribe knew its drinking place: Eat and drink of the provisions of Allah and do not act corruptly in the land, making mischief.

[8.12]- إِذْ يُوحِي رَبُّكَ إِلَى الْمَلائِكَةِ أَنِّي مَعَكُمْ فَثَبِّتُوا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا سَأُلْقِي فِي قُلُوبِ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا الرُّعْبَ فَاضْرِبُوا فَوْقَ الأعْنَاقِ وَاضْرِبُوا مِنْهُمْ كُلَّ بَنَانٍ

[8.12]- When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you; therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore Strike (adhrabu) off their heads and every fingertip of them.

[8.13] This is because they acted adversely to Allah and His Apostle; and whoever acts adversely to Allah and His Apostle then surely Allah is severe in requiting (evil).
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Thursday, November 15, 2007  -  4:17 AM Reply with quote
Salaam Aliukum,

As a new Muslim, these are my two cents:

When following proper procedure, a small amount of force is permissable. However, that force is probably going to cause oneself sin. The sin will be caused because (1) one is supposed to respect, love, and treat his wife justly (2) he can not leave a mark on her, and (3) Allah provided mankind better ways (which He gives priority to) in solving such issues.

Loga.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, November 15, 2007  -  4:21 PM Reply with quote
"It is only when the wife stands up against the authority of her husband that this procedure be employed."

what is the authority of a husband?
can someone explain that to me?

I am sure there are major differnces in each persons enterpretations their culture, background etc. In some households looking straight in the eye is a mark of disrespect and defiance so challenging athourity.
I would like to know what does Islam say about the athourity of a husband?
oosnam

INDIA
Posted - Friday, November 16, 2007  -  1:21 AM Reply with quote
Quran,4.34

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker