Page 4 of 5

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 26, 2005  -  3:33 PM Reply with quote
"i know music is Haraam,"
em can we plz get 1 thing str8
ther are altogether lyk roughly 8 or 9 things that teh quran *thus god himself has stated* are HARAM
haram is such a strong word
can u plz provide me with an aya frm Gods book taht says music is HAraM?
i dnt think so
i havnt found 1 to this date
ofcourse sunnah also has 2 b taken in
bt even in hte sunnah ther is no mension of MUSIC being haram- wat i think hte main misunderstanding is that the actual music *sound itself* is nt prohibited bt sumtimes the unclean lyrics that stimulate base desires such as lust*in most rap/hiphop/love metal* or suicidal/murdurous feelings *found in all black metal* is prohibited
bt that doesnt jst limit itself 2 music
that comes under zeena of the ears
jst like waching bad things on tv comes under zeena of the eyes
anything that stimulates u in2 thinkin and doin thihngs a certain way is rong- even listening 2 certain speeches *george bush!!!* but yea
thats my view
ive backd it up with valid resources
feel free to either take it up or present ur own views
dnt the word haram- dnt use it plz...in the rong context
thanx ^_^
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 27, 2005  -  8:44 PM Reply with quote
It is flawless to call any Hara’m thing Hara’m. There is nothing wrong. Only the people trying any Hara’m thing to label it Hala’l, have no objection otherwise majority of the scholars agree, and doesn’t matter if some selfish people disagree.

The only selfish person on this debate is you. You are rude, intolerant, illogical and above all have very poor knowldge of islam. Then I suppose living in a country which is million miles from practicing Islam what do you expect.
Please leave this forum if you are incapable of discussing things in acivilised manner.
I know I am contradicting myself by being rude to you, but every time I have misfortune to read your posting it is nothing but ranting and rudeness personified. You manner is nothing of a muslim at all.
As for myself i will ask allah to forgive me for this misdemeanour.
Abinzain

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Sunday, November 27, 2005  -  9:24 PM Reply with quote
Please leave this forum if you are incapable of discussing things in acivilised manner.
Ooooooooooooo

Who are you guy to say like that? Explain your position.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 28, 2005  -  1:07 PM Reply with quote
Who are you guy to say like that? Explain your position.

My understanding of Islam(wich obviously is different from yours)that it is an enlightened faith, tolerant and respecter of other faiths-I dont know if you ever bother with the Quran: There is a clear statement that there is no compulsion in religion and that for me sums up how tolerant Islam is.
You unfortunately rant and are abusive to any notion that might disagree with your understanding.
It would be good idea if you took time out and learned about Islam
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, December 1, 2005  -  7:48 PM Reply with quote
Dear Abinzain,

It does not matter if you keep shouting something is haram or halal when there is no mention of it by Allah and you have no proof of it. So keep saying what ever lies you like, no one cares.
Abinzain

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Friday, December 2, 2005  -  11:03 PM Reply with quote
IN SHORT, MUSIC IS HARA’M IN ISLAM (NO DOUBT).
MuhammadShoaib

AUSTRALIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 14, 2008  -  3:50 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brothers and sisters in Islam
Assalam o Alaikum !
I came across this discussion and instead of arguing, we need to stick what Quran and Sahih Hadeeth has quoted. Also we need to know the one exception as well. These days Music is a combination of lyrics, rhythm and beats generated by musical instruments. Prophet PBUH has made Haram all the musical instruments which use "wind" and "strings" and we all know that not a single instrument on this face of Earth is played without "wind" or "strings'. e.g Guitar, Piano etc. Duff is the only instrument, which does not use wind or strings as it is a one-sided drum that does not utilize wind or string. This also reconciles with Prophet's hadeeth.

We know from Islamic history that when Prophet Muhammad PBUH entered Madina for first time after migrating from Makka, the small girls of Madinah sang some lyrics which included only "Duff". Prophet PBUH was sent to humanity to do "Amar bil Ma'roof Wa Nahee A'nil Munkir" (To spread good deeds and to refrain people from Evil/Falsehood'. It has never happened in whole life of Prophet SAW that if a falsehood was spreading, he has not stopped it. therefore, he should have forbidden the Madina small girls to stop that kind of act that but he did not. This clearly states that that "Duff" is not haram however it is not Halal completely either as it should not be made a habbit in everyday life which mostly muslims do these days unfortunately. Also it can be easily concluded that it was sung by kids (small girls) and not the elders. It also can be easily concluded that that "Duff" was not forbidden by Prophet SAW on this big celebration, an event of migration from Makka to Madinah, a joyouous occassion for muslims in Madinah hence we can use DUFF ONLY (and not any other kind of music) when there is some religious celebration or occasion as per proved by this act keeping in view the Islamic limits/constraints of Hijaab for women and men.

Proofs from the Qur’an:
(1) Allah Taala mentions
((وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَنْ يَشْتَرِي لَهْوَ الْحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُوًا أُولَئِكَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُهِينٌ))
((From amongst men there are those who purchase ‘lahw al hadith’ without knowledge, to mislead from the Path of Allah and they ridicule it. For them there is a humiliating punishment)). (Luqmân: 6)
The following great Commentators state that ‘lahw al hadith’ in the above verse refers to music….
a) Abdullah ibn Mas‘ûd radiyallâhu ‘anhu
b) Jâbir ibn ‘Abdillah radiyallâhu ‘anhu
c) Abdullâh ibn ‘Abbâs radiyallâhu ‘anhu
d) Hasan al-Basrî rahimahu Allah
e) Ikrimah rahimahu Allah
f) Ebrahim an Nakhi rahimahu Allah
g) Maymoon bin Mahran rahimahu Allah
h) Qatada rahimahu Allah
i) Sa‘îd ibn Jubayr rahimahu Allah
j) Mujâhid rahimahu Allah
k) Amr ibn Shu`ayb rahimahu Allah
l) Ali ibn Badhîmah rahimahu Allah
m) Habeeb rahimahu Allah
n) Makhûl. rahimahu Allah
o) Abd al Kareem rahimahu Allah
p) Ibn Zakhr rahimahu Allah
q) Ataa al Khuraasaani rahimahu Allah
The two greatest commentators of this Ummah, Abdullah bin Masood and Abdullah bin Abbaas (radiyallâhu ‘anhuma), used to take an oath and say that this verse refers to music.
[Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah 5/132, Al Mustadrak lil Hakim 2/211, Sunan al kubra lil Bayhaqi 10/223, Ad Durr al manthoor 8/76, Al Hawi al Kabeer 17/388, An Nukat wal uyoon 3/332, Tafseer Ibn Katheer 6/330, Tafseer al Qurtubi 14/52, Tafseer al Baghwi 6/283, Tafseer al lubaab libni Adil 13/10, Tafseer al Khaazin 5/145, Tafseer at Tabari 20/127, Zad al maser 5/105, Ma’arif al Quraan 7/28, Dhamm al malahi 5-6, Ahsan al fatawa 8/380]
(2) In Surah Bani Israeel, Allah Ta’ala mentioned to the devil
((وَاسْتَفْزِزْ مَنِ اسْتَطَعْتَ مِنْهُمْ بِصَوْتِكَ ….الخ )) (64)
((And gradually befool those who you can from them with your voice (songs, music etc)….) (Bani Israeel 64)
The following illustrious commentators opined that ‘…your voice’ in the above mentioned verse refers to music…
a) Mujahid rahimahu Allah
b) Dhahaak rahimahu Allah
c) An Nasafi rahimahu Allah
d) At Tabri rahimahu Allah
e) As Suyuti rahimahu Allah
[Tafseer al Baghawi 5/105, Al muharrar al wajeez 4/258, Tafseer an Nasafi 2/209, Ad Durr al manthoor 6/297, Tafseer Al Bahr al muheet 7/372, Tafseer al lubaab 10/340, Tafseer at Tabari 8/108, 17/490, Ma’ani al Quraan lin Nuhaas 4/172, Adhwa al bayaan 3/230, Tafseer al Qurtubi 10/288,14/52, Ruh al ma’ani 11/11, Tafseer al Jalaalain 1/372, Al Ikleel 144, Ahsan al fatawa 8/381]
(3) The third verse which proves the impermissibility of music is the concluding verses of Surah Furqan where Allah has enumerated that one of the outstanding qualities of His slaves is that they distance themselves from music.
وَالَّذِينَ لَا يَشْهَدُونَ الزُّورَ وَإِذَا مَرُّوا بِاللَّغْوِ مَرُّوا كِرَامًا
((And they are those who do not witness ‘Zoor’, and when they pass by futile activities, they pass in a dignified way)) (Furqan 72)
The following illustrious Commentators are of the opinion that ‘Zoor’ means music…
a) Mujahid rahimahu Allah
b) Imam Abu Hanifa rahimahu Allah
c) Abu Jafar rahimahu Allah
d) Muhammad bin Hanafia rahimahu Allah
e) Makhool rahimahu Allah
f) Ikramah rahimahu Allah
g) Abu al Jihaf rahimahu Allah
h) Hasan Basri rahimahu Allah
[Tafseer al Baghawi 6/98, Tafseer Ibn Abi Hatim 10/375, Ad Durr al manthoor 7/377, Tafseer at Tabari 19/313-315, Tafseer an Nisaburi 6/68, Fath al Qadeer 5/294, Zad al maser 4/484, Tafseer Ibn Katheer 6/130, Ruh al ma’ani 14/147, Ahkam al Quran 3/427, Al Mabda sharh al Maqna 10/290, Ma’alim at tanzeel 4/251, Ahsan al fatawa 8/382]
(4) Allah rebukes those who listen to music in the following verses
أَفَمِنْ هَذَا الْحَدِيثِ تَعْجَبُونَ (59) وَتَضْحَكُونَ وَلَا تَبْكُونَ (60) وَأَنْتُمْ سَامِدُونَ (61) فَاسْجُدُوا لِلَّهِ وَاعْبُدُوا (62)
((Are you astonished at this recitation (the Quran)? And you laugh and do not cry, (Wasting your time) in vanities (music). So fall in prostration to Allah and worship him)) (An Najm 59-62)
The following distinguished commentators suggest that ‘vanities’ refers to music…..
a) Ibn Abbaas radiyallâhu ‘anhu
b) Abu Ubaidah radiyallâhu ‘anhu
c) Ikrimah rahimahu Allah
d) Mujahid rahimahu Allah
e) Baydhawi rahimahu Allah
[Zad al maser 5/448, An Nukat wal uyoon 4/195, Tafseer al Qurtubi 14/51, Tafseer al Baydhawi 5/245, Fath al Qadeer 7/85, Tafseer Ibn Katheer 7/468, Tafseer at Tabari 22/559, Ruh al ma’ani 20/44, Bahr al uloom lis Samarqandi 4/217, Tafseer Abd ar Razzaaq 7/13, Ahsan al fatawa 8/381]
(5) Another verse which could be cited is the following…
وَلَا تَقْرَبُوا الزِّنَا إِنَّهُ كَانَ فَاحِشَةً وَسَاءَ سَبِيلًا (32)
((And go not close to unlawful sex, verily it is a ‘fahisha’ (anything that that transgresses its limits: a great sin) and (it is) an evil way.)
Music plays a great role in stimulating one’s emotions, lusts and passions and also leads to various physiological disorders. This is a proven concept in psychology. Our pious predecessors also understood this well….

Proofs from the Authentic Ahaadeeth

(1) Abû `Amir (or Abû Mâlik) al-Ash`arî (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) mentions that Rasûlullâh sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam said: Indeed, there will be in my Ummah such people who will regard as permissible for themselves fornication, silk, wine and musical instruments…..

(Narrated by Imam Bukhari in his Saheeh, Abu Dawood in his Sunan, Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh, Tabrani in Mujam al Kabeer and Musnad ash Shamiyeen and by Da’laj in Al Muntaqa)

(2) Nabi (sall Allahu alayhi wasallam) has said: Indeed, people will change the name of wine to consume it and play with musical instruments, Allah will cause the earth to swallow them and change them into monkeys and swines (Narrated by Ibn Majah in his sunan, Ibn Hibbaan in his saheeh, Al Bukhari in Jami al Kabeer, Al Bayhaqi in his Sunan, Al Aadaab and Shuab al Iman, Ibn Abi Shaybah in his Mussannaf, At Tabrani in Al Mujam al Kabeer and Musnad ash Shamiyeen, Al Baghwi, Ibn A’rabi etc)

(3) ‘Imrân ibn Husayn (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) narrates that Rasûlullâh sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam said:In this Ummah there will be [people who will be] sunk into the earth, deformed, and upon whom stones will rain from heaven.
When the Sahâbî enquired as to when will that be, Rasûlullâh sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam replied: When singing girls and instruments of music will appear (become prevalent), and wine will be drunk. (Narrated by Tirmidhi, Ad Dani, Ibn Abi ad Dunya, Ruyani and others. This hadith is narrated with numerous chains)

NOTE: Because of being narrated through seven different chains, we could have narrated this same hadith as a minimum of seven different Ahadith (as is the practice of Muhaddithoon, In fact, Ibn Abi ad Dunya and others did mention this very same hadith as over seven Ahadith because of the different chains). Nevertheless, we have sufficed by mentioning it only once, and explained all the various chains in Arabic.

(4) Anas bin Malik (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) mentions that Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) has said: Two voices are cursed in this world and the hereafter; Music at the time of happiness and wailing at the time of calamity (Narrated by Al Bazzar, Adh Dhiyaa al Maqdisi, Ibn Murduyah, Al Bayhaqi, Abu Nuaim and others. Allama Haythami and Allamah Mundhiri both said: “The narrators are reliable” i.e. this hadith is authentic)

(5) Abdur Rahman bin Auf (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) narrates that Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) has said: Verily I have been prohibited from two asinine and evil voices: a voice at the time of happiness; play, leisure and MUSIC….. (Narrated by Abd bin Humaid, At Tahawi, Al Bazzar, Al Baghwi, Al Bayhaqi, Al Aajuri, Ibn Abi ad Dunya, Al Hakim, Ahmad bin Manee’, Abu Ya’la al Musily, Ibn Abi Shayba and At Tirmidhi said that this narration is ‘hasan’(good and sound)

(6) Abu Muawiyyah (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) narrates that Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) has said: Verily Allah azza wa jall has sent me with guidance and as a mercy to mankind and (inspite of this) he ordered me to obliterate musical instruments, idols, the cross and things of ignorance (Narrated by At Tayalisi, Ahmad, At Tabrani in Mujam al Kabeer, Ibn Abdul Barr, Hassan Bin Sufyaan, Ibn Munda, Abu Nuaim, Ar Ruyani, Al Harith, Al Ashyab, Al Haythami, Al Ajuri, Ibn An Najjjar, Ibn Adi and others. This hadith is hasan li ghairihi (good because of a few corroborating chains)

(7) Abu Umamah (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) narrates that Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) has said: A group of my Ummah will spend a night in food, drinks and party, they would wake up the next morning deformed into swine’s and few tribes would be submerged into the earth, people would wake up saying: “The earth has sunk in the locality of a certain tribe. And stones would be showered upon them as it was showered on the nation of Lut. A devastating wind will be sent on them and scatter them as it did to those before them. (The reason for this) will be due to drinking wine, devouring interest, adorning silk, KEEPING SINGING GIRLS and breaking family ties.(A narrator says: “Another quality was mentioned which I cannot recall”.) (Narrated by Ahmad, Ibn Abi ad Dunya, Al Kharaeety, Al Isbahani, At Tayalisi, Abu Nuaim, Ibn Asaakir, Ibn Mardooyah, Al Bayhaqi, Al Hakim and others. Al Hakim graded it as authentic mentioning that it fulfils the conditions of Imam Muslim.)

(8) Nafi (Rahimullah) narrates that Ibn Umar (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) heard the (sound of the) musical instruments of a shepherd. He immediately placed his hands in his ears and changed his route and continuously asked: “Oh Nafi, Can you still hear?” (Nafi says): “I constantly replied in the positive. When I finally said that I could not hear, Ibn Umar resumed his route. Thereafter, Ibn Umar mentioned: “This is what Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) did.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, Ibn Hibbaan, At Tabrani in Al Kabeer and Al Awsat, Ahmad, Al Bayhaqi, Al Haythami, Al Aajuri, Ibn Sad, Ibn Abi ad Dunya in Al War’ and Dham al malahi and others. This hadith is narrated through chains which are authentic. Abul Fadhl As Sulamy also said that this hadith is authentic)

(9) Abdullah bin Amr narrates from Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) has said: “The similitude of a person who sits on the bed of a singing girl is like that person who is devoured by a black snake from the black snakes of the day of Qiyamah.” (Majma az Zawaaid with reference to At Tabrani. Allamah Haythami said that the narrators are authentic)

(10) Kaisan, the freed slave of Muawiyyah (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) says: “Muawiyyah once delivered a sermon in which he said: “Oh people, verily Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) prohibited seven actions and I also prohibit you from: (The nine actions are)…… music…” (Narrated by At Tabrani and Abu Ya’la in his Musnad. Allamah Haythami said that the narrators of one chain are all reliable)

(11) Ibn Abbaas (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) narrates that Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) has said: “Verily Allah has prohibited wine, gambling and ‘the drum’.” Thereafter he said: “And every intoxicant is forbidden.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood in his Sunan, Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh, Abu Ya’la Al Mausali in his Musnad, At Tahawi in Sharh Ma’ani al Aathaar, Al Bayhaqi in his Sunan, Ahmad in his Musnad and Al Ashribah,At Toosi in his Arbaeen,Ibn Al Muqri in his Mujam,Ibn Abi ad Dunya and others. This hadith is authentic)

Proofs from the Sahaaba and Tabi’een

- Abdullah bin Masood (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) has said: “Verily music causes hypocrisy to grow in the heart as water causes plants to grow”.(Bayhaqi, Abu Bakr bin Khilaal in As Sunnah, Ibn Nasr al Marwazy in Tazeem qadr as salaah, Ibn al Batta, Ibn Abi ad Dunya in Dhamm al malahi, Ibn Sasri and others.)

- Numerous Scholars opine that the above statement is a statement of Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). However, even if we accept it as a statement of Abdullah bin Masood (radiyallâhu ‘anhu), it will still be on the same status of the proclamations of Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) since a statement of this kind cannot possibly be made up by the human mind. Also, keep in mind the following hadith of Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) , “Believe and accept whatever Ibn Masood tells you!” (Narrated by Ahmad and Tirmidhi with a good chain)

- Ibn Abbaas (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) states: “The drum is prohibited, the duff [also pronounced as daff; the first is more eloquent) is prohibited, musical instruments are prohibited and flutes are prohibited” (Al Bayhaqi, Al Mutalib al aaliyah li Ibn Hajar)

- Abdullah bin Busr (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) has said: “…By the oath of Allah, a group of people will be disfigured whilst they are drinking wine and playing with musical instruments until they become like apes and swines” (Narrated by Ad Dulabi in Al Kuna wal Asmaa)

- Adi bin Artaar (rahimahullah) narrates that Auf bin Malik emerged from Damascus heading to a village of Bani Fazarah to visit a friend of his who resided therein. A group of people gathered around him and a discussion ensued. A person enquired: “Who can mention something regarding the followers of Dajjaal.” Auf bin Malik (rahimahullah) replied: “They will be a group who regard wine, silk and music as permissible…” (Tabrani narrated it in Musnad Shamiyyeen)

- Auzai (rahimahullah) mentioned: “Umar bin Abd Azeez wrote to Umar bin Waleed: “…and musical instruments is an innovation in Islam…” (Narrated by An Nasai and Abu Nuaim and the chain of narrators is extremely authentic)

- Abdullah bin Masood (radiyallâhu ‘anhu) has said: “I should not find any of you lying on his back with one leg over the other raising his voice in songs and abandoning the Quran” (Narrated by Al Bayhaqi in Shuab al Iman)

- Abdul Kareem Al Jazari (rahimahullah) mentions: “When you see a person abandoned the Masjid, and spends his time on music and wine, then don’t even ask about him” (Narrated by Al Bayhaqi in Shuab al Iman)

- Fuzail bin Ayaaz (rahimahullah) has said: “Music is the catalyst of zina” (Narrated by Al Bayhaqi in Shuab al Iman)

- Yazeed bin Waleed An Naqidh (rahimahullah) has advised: “Oh Bani Ummayah, save yourselves from music, because it will decrease your modesty, increases your lust and demolishes your morality. It will cause you to incline to wine and cause you to do what a drunken person does. If (as a last resort) you really have to listen to music then, at least save your womenfolk from it for verily music leads to fornication.” (Narrated by Al Bayhaqi in Shuab al Iman)

- Saeed bin Al Musayyab (rahimahullah) claimed: “Verily I hate music and I love ‘rajaz’ (name of a poetical meter)” (Al Baghwi in Sharh as Sunnah)

- A person asked Qasim bin Muhammad (rahimahullah) concerning music. Qasim bin Muhammad (rahimahullah) replied: “I forbid you from it (and let me tell you) I really abhor it.” The questioner asked: “Is it haraam?” Qasim bin Muhammad (rahimahullah) replied: “Oh my nephew, if Allah had to separate truth from falsehood in which category would you put music?” (Narrated by Al Bayhaqi in his Sunan)

- Ishaq (rahimahullah) stated: “I asked Abu Abdillah concerning a person who breaks a drum, mandolin or (pours out) the wine of another person, is there any compensation compulsory upon him?” Abu Abdillah replied: “You should destroy all of these and nothing will be compulsory upon you!” (Narrated by Abu Bakr bin Al Hilaal in Al Amr bil Maroof)

- Hasan Basri (rahimahullah) mentioned: “The duff is not from the sunnats of Muslims in any way” (Ibn Abi ad Dunya in Dhamm al malahi)

- Abi al Qasim narrates that Ibrahim (rahimahullah) abhorred the income of mourners and singers. (Bukhari, Musannaf Abd ar Razzaq, Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah)

- Abu Khalid narrates that Shabi detested the wages of a singing girl. (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah)

- Amr narrates that Hasan did not like the earnings of a mourner and a singer. (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah)

- Rafi bin Hafs Al Madani states: “Allah won’t look at four people on the day of Qiyamah…(one of them is).. a singer” (Dhamm al Malahi)

- Abu Yazeed says: “I heard Makhool say: “Whoever dies and has a singing girl in his possession, no salaah (janazah) will be prayed on him.” (Al Amr bil maroof of Abu Bakr Al Khalal)

- Qatada (rahimahullah) has said: “The devils Quran is poetry, his Muadhin is musical instruments and his net is women.” (Fath Al Bari of Ibn Hajar)

- Shawkani (rahimahullah) claimed: “The vast majority of Scholars were of the opinion that music is forbidden.” (Aun al mabood)

- Allamah Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahimahullah) asserted, “The vast majority of Ulama including Scholars from all four Madhabs maintained that music is forbidden.” (Al Arf as shadhi)

From all these proofs, i don't think that a true believer will have any misunderstanding about music not being halal. It is haram and one should avoid it as apparently it does not seem to take us to hell but it is the first step towards Evil.

May Allah guide us in differentiating b/w Truth and Falsehood.

Allah says in Sorah Al Imran of Glorious Quran:

'When Truth strikes with Falsehood, falsehood perishes, nonetheless, Falsehood by its nature is bound to be perished".

JazakaAllah Khaire....

Muhammad (Australia)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 14, 2008  -  4:17 AM Reply with quote
JAZAKALLAHU KHAIR. brother MuhammadShoaib for that detailed explanation.

May Allaah s.w.t. help us all to learn the truth and follow it.

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:19 AM
mbellos

NIGERIA
Posted - Wednesday, October 15, 2008  -  9:11 PM Reply with quote
AsslameleikumWarahmatullah.
Music or pictures have nothing to do with Shariah, neither vice versa. Rulings cannot be concluded from Hadith.Only Qur'an and the practices of the Prophets can give Shariah Rulings. We ought to use common sense in this regard. Only the music which is polluted with immodestey must be avoided in order to protect one's state of purity and faith. Similarly the pictures that are used for worshipping or neudidity or giving wrong messages like that of war, violence,drugs,illegitimate sex etc must be abondoned.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, October 16, 2008  -  3:58 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Only Qur'an and the practices of the Prophets can give Shariah Rulings.

The primary sources of Islamic law (shariah)are the Qur'an and Sunnah.

To this, traditional Sunni Muslims add the consensus (ijma) of the Prophet's companions (sahaba) and Islamic jurists (ulema) on certain issues, and drawing analogy from the essence of divine principles and preceding rulings (qiyas).

In situations where no concrete rules exist under the sources, law scholars use qiyas — various forms of reasoning, including by analogy.

The consensus of the community or people, public interest, and others are also accepted as secondary sources where the first four primary sources allow.

Shi'as on the other hand reject this approach. They strongly reject analogy (qiyas) and also reject consensus (ijma) as having any particular value in its own

Coming to the topic of discussion MuhammadShoaib has Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 3:50 AM has writen:
quote:

Music plays a great role in stimulating one’s emotions, lusts and passions and also leads to various physiological disorders. This is a proven concept in psychology. Our pious predecessors also understood this well….

He has also produced the following Proofs from the Qur’an:.

(1) Allah Taala mentions

((وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَنْ يَشْتَرِي لَهْوَ الْحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُوًا أُولَئِكَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُهِينٌ))
((From amongst men there are those who
purchase ‘lahw al hadith’ without knowledge, to mislead from the Path of Allah and they ridicule it. For them there is a humiliating punishment)). (Luqmân: 6)

(2) In Surah Bani Israeel, Allah Ta’ala mentioned to the devil

((وَاسْتَفْزِزْ مَنِ اسْتَطَعْتَ مِنْهُمْ بِصَوْتِكَ ….الخ )) (64)
((And gradually befool those who you can from them with your voice (songs, music etc)….) (Bani Israeel 64)

(3) The third verse which proves the impermissibility of music is the concluding verses of Surah Furqan where Allah has enumerated that one of the outstanding qualities of His slaves is that they distance themselves from music.

وَالَّذِينَ لَا يَشْهَدُونَ الزُّورَ وَإِذَا مَرُّوا بِاللَّغْوِ مَرُّوا كِرَامًا
((And they are those who do not witness ‘Zoor’, and when they pass by futile activities, they pass in a dignified way)) (Furqan 72)

(4) Allah rebukes those who listen to music in the following verses

أَفَمِنْ هَذَا الْحَدِيثِ تَعْجَبُونَ (59) وَتَضْحَكُونَ وَلَا تَبْكُونَ (60) وَأَنْتُمْ سَامِدُونَ (61) فَاسْجُدُوا لِلَّهِ وَاعْبُدُوا (62)
((Are you astonished at this recitation (the Quran)? And you laugh and do not cry, (Wasting your time) in vanities (music). So fall in prostration to Allah and worship him)) (An Najm 59-62)

(5) Another verse which could be cited is the following…

وَلَا تَقْرَبُوا الزِّنَا إِنَّهُ كَانَ فَاحِشَةً وَسَاءَ سَبِيلًا (32)
((And go not close to unlawful sex, verily it is a ‘fahisha’ (anything that that transgresses its limits: a great sin) and (it is) aAt the end of each verse he has listed the great Commentators who state that ‘lahw al hadith’ ‘…your voice’ ‘Zoor’ etc. in the above verses refers to music….Textn evil way.)
mbellos

NIGERIA
Posted - Thursday, October 16, 2008  -  9:49 PM Reply with quote
Assalamueleikumwarahmatullah.Dear Aboosait India. Like I said before untill you take this "Saudi Fatwa Cap"off, nothing else can go into your mind :P This can be classed as a type of shirk when you make one school of thought dominate you so much that you cannot read or understand or accept anything else which can be true. We must keep our understanding and mind open to knowledge, research and understanding.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 18, 2008  -  12:52 AM Reply with quote
The type of environment I see around me and when I see patients with various social problems, I really feel that the populr type of music here and alcohol together does not play a very good part in this all.
However , as any other art and fine art, we must keep this fine balance and instead of banning things altogether, we must try and understand the issue. Even when the Prophet sws condemned it, the problem was not 'music' per se, its the type of music which can or cannot lead to evil. There is good use of music which can lead to lots of goodness e.g. in religious and national songs
& also rhymes for children's teachings etc.

also check out some detailed explanation about this in our monthly Renaissance issues:

March 2005
The Islamic Stance on Music: http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/viewissue.aspx?id=26

April 2006
Prophetic Sayings on Music
http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/viewissue.aspx?id=27

May 2006 Evil Aspects of Music
http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/viewissue.aspx?id=28
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, October 22, 2008  -  7:05 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalamueleikumwarahmatullah.Dear Aboosait India. Like I said before untill you take this "Saudi Fatwa thought dominate you so much that you cannot read or understand or accept anything else which can be true. We Cap"off, nothing else can go into your mind :P This can be classed as a type of shirk when you make one school of must keep our understanding and mind open to knowledge, research and understanding.

Wa Alaikum Assalam w.r.w.b...

I fully agree with your point sister, but please note that what I have quoted or what I have appreciated in my previous post is Proofs from the Qur’an:.Arabic verses and translation of meaning in English.--- and NOT the distorted views of any sect.

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:07 PM
mbellos

NIGERIA
Posted - Saturday, October 25, 2008  -  12:10 PM Reply with quote
Assalamoeleikumwarahmatullah. Dear Aboosait. I appreciate your knowledge and references from Quran but you are concluding rules from there which are not. We need to understand that Quran is Text and Context and a Book which has coordination. The courses of Language of Quran and Arrangement of Quran have helped me understand all these things better. I suggest you also read them.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, October 25, 2008  -  3:50 PM Reply with quote
quote:

...........have helped me ]understand all these things better............
quote:

understand better than before

or

understand better than aboosait

Edited by: aboosait on Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:51 PM
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 25, 2008  -  6:00 PM Reply with quote
quote:

March 2005
The Islamic Stance on Music: http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/viewissue.aspx?id=26

April 2006
Prophetic Sayings on Music
http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/viewissue.aspx?id=27

May 2006 Evil Aspects of Music
http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/viewissue.aspx?id=28

Brother aboosait, read all three articles mentioned above carefully, and then give it a thought, you might realise your argument to be incorrect.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5
Next page >>
Page 4 of 5

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker