Next page >>
Page 1 of 10

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, July 09, 2006  -  5:40 AM Reply with quote
Are Muslims on TV Really on Guidance?

Assalaamu 'Alaikum! This is something that's really been bothering me. I think the Muslims on TV, even the religious ones, are not following Islam, especially in matters of simplicity. Frankly, I've never seen any scholar uptil now who has repeated his clothes. I don't wish to take names, and I would advise others not to do so as well, but it's really becoming despicable. I mean, you appear on TV and tell millions of Muslims to be simple (for example), but at the same time you're wearing a top designer's outfit?! That really doesn't make sense. I'm not saying that they should roam around in rags, but they should not spend so much on their clothes. Even if they're getting this stuff for free, they should not accept it. That's just a personal opinion, although I do know that the Sunnah supports it.
Also, there is this really terrible concept of applying makeup (for ladies). When I'm switching channels, I come across so many women who're not dressed according to the Islamic way, WHILE RECITING NAATS ! These ladies fail to understand one very important thing: While they're declaring the praises of the Prophet (SAW), they're at the same time, disobeying him. Firstly because they are singing in public; secondly because they have their eyebrows all shaped-up and upperlip done. They're usually wearing extremely bright colours that would allure the opposite sex. They have their dupattas so loosely wrapped that the latter literally hang down to their chests, exposing their necks and part of their hair. And you should look at the women in the Arab channel (the one with the 2-swords-and-palm-tree)! God! The women over there, the Saudi Arabian ones, I think those poor things are so sick and tired of having to cover their heads all the time, that they wanna take out all their anger on the rest of their bodies by wearing tight-fitting and sparkling clothes, with literally diamonds on the Hijab and what not ! I'm not sure if you guys have seen these things, but they are there for sure. And not to mention channels like Filmazia (Pakistanis know what I'm talking about),.......but hey, wait a sec.! I thought we were discussing Muslims; these guys in Lollywood are not even fit to be called unbelievers! They're hypocrites! May Allah guide them all! Does anyone agree?
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 09, 2006  -  11:34 AM Reply with quote
I'm waiting for replies...
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 09, 2006  -  4:30 PM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum,

Well I donot agree with you completely, because I have seen some very knowledgable Scholars in the TV program "Alim online" and their dresses donot look very expensive and we learn alot from them.

I donot know which Islamic Scholars are you talking about.

Even for the sake of argument, if we accept that those Alims/Scholars are wearing expensive and high standard dresses then what does it has to do with us? You should be only concerned with the knowledge that they communicate with you through TV.

Unfortunately it has become habbit of muslims to concentrate on irrelevant things. I have seen some muslims who start talking about the origin of the Muslim Scholars who appear on TV.

I donot care whether the Alim wears dress paints with shirt or Sub-continent dress , I only concentrate on what the Alim speaks.

Regards,
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 09, 2006  -  4:38 PM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum,

By the way why is the dressing of those Islamic Scholars bothering you?
Should you be concerned about your dressing or their dressing?

Another question for you if you donot mind, why do you think that they should wear the same dress again and again.

Let me remind you of a hadith of Prophet(pbuh) in which a companion came upto Prophet(pbuh)and asked him that" Can he wear beautiful cloths and look beautiful?" Our beloved Prophet(pbuh) replied that "a muslim should concentrate on his beauty because Allah(swt) love beauty".

Do you know that our beloved Prophet(pbuh) inspite of living a simple and clean life use to do fashion?

He never lived a boring life and his Companions may Allah(swt) be pleased with them all always talked about the description and living style of Prophet(pbuh).

I hope this helps,
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 09, 2006  -  4:46 PM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum,

If you read the hadith of Tirmidi,then you will come to know that Prophet(pbuh) use to keep long hair which were
above the shoulders and use to wear a silver ring and use to put itir on his clothes. From the beautiful seerah of Prophet(pbuh) we learn that within the boundaries of Shariah ,you can even do fashion but that fashion should not be
out of limit as unfortunately muslims now a days do.

I am not saying that I am very religious and follow each and every teachings of Islam but I realize that we muslims are not moving in the right direction because Alhamdulilah I have the sense.
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Monday, July 10, 2006  -  12:26 AM Reply with quote
Dear Nida-e-Khair:

Assalamo’alaikum.

I’d like to reflect upon a few things that you mentioned.

Point No.1:

You wrote, “…Frankly, I've never seen any scholar uptil now who has repeated his clothes. …mean, you appear on TV and tell millions of Muslims to be simple (for example), but at the same time you're wearing a top designer's outfit?! That really doesn't make sense.”

There are certainly a number of Islamic scholars who repeat their dresses and do not seem to wear designer clothes, for example, respected: Javed Ahmad Ghamidi, Dr. Israr Ahmad, Dr. Zakir Naik and Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman etc.

Even if anyone wears expensive dresses, it is certainly not forbidden in Islam. However, I agree that it is better to spend more and more in the way of Allah if He has bestowed someone with wealth but still, it is not a hard and fast rule if one has already paid the obligatory alms. Therefore, we may tell someone humbly to spend more in Allah’s way rather than spending on precious clothes but we do not have any right to criticize anyone who spends much on the clothing.

Point No. 2:

You wrote, “…secondly because they have their eyebrows all shaped-up and upperlip done.”

There is a perception, because of the saying ascribed to the Holy prophet (SAW), that women should not shape up their eye brows. Do you know in which circumstances this hadith was said, who was the audience and, above all, what is the status of the very hadith: sahi, hasan, da’if etc.? If you do not know these things, you should not give a verdict about such women. Also, present a sound directive from the Qur’an or Hadith if you think that removing the upper-lip hair is not permissible for a Muslim woman.

You further wrote, “They have their dupattas so loosely wrapped that the latter literally hang down to their chests, exposing their necks and part of their hair."

I fully agree that women should cover their chests as it is a clear directive of the Qur’an for them. However, covering hair (except for offering prayers) is not mentioned in either the glorious Qur’an or Hadith. Is hair a part of “illa-ma-zahra” or not? – there can be a debate on it. Therefore, please do not be judgmental on this very issue.

Point No. 3:

You wrote, “… but hey, wait a sec.! I thought we were discussing Muslims; these guys in Lollywood are not even fit to be called unbelievers! They're hypocrites!”

We have no right to call anyone a kafir or mushrik or munafiq.

Even if you see someone worshipping an idol, you do not know if the one is doing so out of stubbornness (even after knowing that the true Rabb is Allah) or doing so because of not really knowing (in a convincing manner) whether the true Rabb is Allah or someone else. If the case is latter, then one is not a mushriq in Allah’s eye.

People who know what the truth is and still do kufr or shirk or munafiqat out of stubbornness are kafir, mushriq and munafiq, respectively, in Allah’s eye. As we cannot see other people’s hearts, we cannot be a judge over them to give them any of such titles.

Allah knows the best, of course.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Junaid Hassan
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 10, 2006  -  3:17 AM Reply with quote
quote:
Asalam Aalaikum,

Well I donot agree with you completely, because I have seen some very knowledgable Scholars in the TV program "Alim online" and their dresses donot look very expensive and we learn alot from them.

I donot know which Islamic Scholars are you talking about.

Wa 'Alaikumu-ssalaam! To be very honest, I knew something was wrong with this topic. I think I was a little pissed off regarding these matters, or maybe I wrote this opinion in a rush so I saw nothing wrong with it. Now that you have pointed out some mistakes, I thank you guys for that and I agree with you. However, it takes all sorts of people to make the world, and I would like to comment on your quote above. Please note that I was not talking about all scholars. In fact, now that you've pointed this out, I think that I too have hardly seen scholars who are not "simple", or whatever it is that you would call them. As for your not knowing which channels I'm talking about, I think it's obvious that you don't have the same channels as I have.

quote:
Even for the sake of argument, if we accept that those Alims/Scholars are wearing expensive and high standard dresses then what does it has to do with us? You should be only concerned with the knowledge that they communicate with you through TV.

I accept your view. Believe me, sometimes when one of my relatives is sitting with me, listening to Israr Ahmad, she always ends up criticising him for "the masses of wealth" that Mr. Ahmad accumulates. And I always have a 'why-should-I-care;-I-love-him-for-his-talks' kinda attitude. So I would not disagree with you. It should be kept in mind, however, that I did not start with this argument because I wanted to criticise anyone. In fact, they are all servants of Allah, no matter what outfits they wear, and I have no right to criticise His creation, even if an angel comes down from Heaven and tells me that a particular person is the most sinful. I, on the other hand, am supposed to pray for the person whom I see straying, rather than expose all his mistakes which I think even Allah expects him to make. Let me make it very very clear that my purpose was only a general discussion, and that I only wanted to judge my views through you people's views, otherwise, why would I request people not to take names? I find 101 things wrong with different scholars, but I did not wish to expose all of that or take their names. I knew very well that it would sweep me into Hell---firstly, for eating several dead brothers' flesh, and secondly, for criticising scholars as they are likely to be waliullahs.
Please accept my apologies if I've committed a mistake in giving my opinion. May Allah forgive me!

quote:
Unfortunately it has become habbit of muslims to concentrate on irrelevant things.

!!! For this statement of yours, I would really advise you to reconsider. Allah is probably the only one who knows that I hate discussing such matters. I had no intention of gossip, it was only meant to be a general discussion, in order that I may reconsider my faults or my errors by seeing how many people would agree with it. So please stop attacking my intentions. Your other statements are justified, but this statement of yours really offended me. It made my mouth hang like anything.

quote:
I donot care whether the Alim wears dress paints with shirt or Sub-continent dress , I only concentrate on what the Alim speaks.

Relax student1! Even I don't care about such matters. It was just an opinion. How many times will I have to repeat that?!! This is a general discussion forum, that's why I posted my GENERAL views. If this were a gossip forum, I wouldn't have joined it for your kind information.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 10, 2006  -  3:39 AM Reply with quote
quote:
Another question for you if you donot mind, why do you think that they should wear the same dress again and again.

Student1, atleast I had that much sense to not go against the Sunnah while still trying to defend it (as I thought I would be). I'm very well aware that Allah loves elegance. What I was only trying to say is that elegance lies in keeping your clothes clean, not in buying expensive ones. That's just my view or thought, you have every right to disagree, especially if I'm in the wrong, but this was just an opinion; that's why I did not take names; it takes all sorts of people to make the world (how many times more will I have to repeat this?) And by the way, a "boring life" is one in which you roam around in rags or in which you do not care about your clothes at all. I wasn't refering to such a life. I meant simplicity---is that boring? Fine, you don't agree that repeating clothes is part of simplicity, or whatever it is that you meant, but that's just YOUR view. If you can express your views, why can't I express mine, be they wrong even?

quote:
....but I realize that we muslims are not moving in the right direction...

I hope you're not refering to me...!!
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 10, 2006  -  4:54 AM Reply with quote
This is a reply to Mr. Junaid.

quote:
Even if anyone wears expensive dresses, it is certainly not forbidden in Islam....but we do not have any right to criticize anyone who spends much on the clothing.

I totally approve your statement Mr. Junaid. It is not forbidden, I know that. But it's Sunnah not to spend so much. What amazes me is that these people who give lectures on Islam are themselves not following the Sunnah. This was merely a question raised by me, not criticism. I would've taken names if I wanted to criticise.

quote:
There is a perception, because of the saying ascribed to the Holy prophet (SAW), that women should not shape up their eye brows. Do you know in which circumstances this hadith was said, who was the audience and, above all, what is the status of the very hadith: sahi, hasan, da’if etc.?

Sahih Bukhari:-
Volume 7, Book 72, Number 822:
Narrated 'Alqama:

'Abdullah cursed those women who practiced tattooing and those who removed hair from their faces and those who created spaces between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, such ladies as changed what Allah has created. Um Ya'qub said, "What is that?" 'Abdullah said, "Why should I not curse those who were cursed by Allah's Apostle and are referred to in Allah's Book?" She said to him "By Allah, I have read the whole Qur'an but I have not found such a thing. 'Abdullah said, "By Allah, if you had read it (carefully) you would have found it. (Allah says:) 'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (59.7)

quote:
I fully agree that women should cover their chests as it is a clear directive of the Qur’an for them. However, covering hair (except for offering prayers) is not mentioned in either the glorious Qur’an or Hadith. Is hair a part of “illa-ma-zahra” or not? – there can be a debate on it. Therefore, please do not be judgmental on this very issue.

The word "Dhahara" is translated as "ordinarily appears". I agree that this word is interpreted in different ways. Some say it means the entire body except the face and hands, some say except hands and feet, others say except the eyes, etc. However, this verse was obviously revealed to protect the Muslim women from getting molested, and also to instill a sense of modesty in them (Allah knows best). So it goes against common sense that Allah would not order a woman to cover her hair. A woman can allure a man from her face. The hair of a woman is naturally more attractive, so how can it be left exposed? In several authentic Ahaadeeth, it says that when the verse ordering women to "draw their veils over their bosoms" was revealed, the women of the Ansar tore part of their outer garments and covered their faces with them. There is also one more Hadeeth that I would like to quote from Sahih Bukhari:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 7, Book 65, Number 375:
Narrated Anas:

I know (about) the Hijab (the order of veiling of women) more than anybody else. Ubai bin Ka'b used to ask me about it. Allah's Apostle became the bridegroom of Zainab bint Jahsh whom he married at Medina. After the sun had risen high in the sky, the Prophet invited the people to a meal. Allah's Apostle remained sitting and some people remained sitting with him after the other guests had left. Then Allah's Apostle got up and went away, and I too, followed him till he reached the door of 'Aisha's room. Then he thought that the people must have left the place by then, so he returned and I also returned with him. Behold, the people were still sitting at their places. So he went back again for the second time, and I went along with him too. When we reached the door of 'Aisha's room, he returned and I also returned with him to see that the people had left. Thereupon the Prophet hung a curtain between me and him and the Verse regarding the order for (veiling of women) Hijab was revealed.

In this Hadeeth, scholars say that Zainab (RA) was sitting with her face unveiled. Therefore the verse was revealed. Besides, the majority of scholars agree that it is obligatory for a woman to cover her entire body except the face and hands. Hardly anyone, in fact, I don't think anyone at all says that their hair should be uncovered. Moreover, the Prophet (SAW) never allowed it, neither any woman was seen in his time to have roamed around with her head uncovered.
It MAY not be forbidden, but how much are the chances that it's not? A thing should automatically be considered forbidden if the Prophet (SAW) never gave allowance of it, especially if there's a doubt in it.

quote:
You wrote, “… but hey, wait a sec.! I thought we were discussing Muslims; these guys in Lollywood are not even fit to be called unbelievers! They're hypocrites!”
We have no right to call anyone a kafir or mushrik or munafiq.

I don't know what to say about this one. I'll have to admit that I got carried away. I guess I was too impulsive in bringing up this topic as a whole. I totally approve that I had no right to write such a thing. Astaghfir-ul-lah! Believe me Mr. Junaid, when I read what I've written, I can hardly believe that's it's been written by me. I'm very much regretful for this statement. I'll be more careful next time (Insha'Allah!)

In the end I would like to say that my only purpose in initiating this topic was to share my views and not criticise anyone. If I've criticised anyone, it was a mistake; I'm not an angel you know....May Allah forgive me for any absurdity or any bad judgement of character!
Wassalamu 'Alaikum Ajma'een (May peace be upon you all)!
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Monday, July 10, 2006  -  5:44 PM Reply with quote
Dear Nida-e-Khair:

Assalamo'alaikum.

First, I’m very happy to see that you have a very nice attitude; you accept where you think you’re wrong and try to rectify yourself. Masha’allah! Please keep this great virtue with you, it’ll surely help you much to improve upon your moral values.

Point No. 1:

You wrote, “But it's Sunnah not to spend so much. What amazes me is that these people who give lectures on Islam are themselves not following the Sunnah.”

It is not Sunnah but Uswa-e-hasana not to spend so much for the sake of the worldly possessions.

Here I am copying one of my earlier responses on this forum, I hope it’d help:

Literally, Sunnah in Arabic means "well trodden path". However as a religious term, its definition is as follows:

Sunnah is the set of traditions of Prophet Abraham (SAW) (Sunan-e-Ibrahimi) which the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) revived, and after corrections and additions, instituted in his followers as an integral part of their faith (the D'in).

Here is the notion of the above definition in the Holy Qur'an:

"And then We revealed unto you (the command) to follow the religion of Abraham, who was steadfast and was not one of the polytheists." (16:123)

In the light of the above definition, all the unreligious matters like walking on sand, riding on camels, covering the head, using specific Arab perfumes etc. are out of the boundary of the Sunnah.

This is a long topic; to remove the confusions about Sunnah, Hadith and Uswa-e-hasana, please attend the following courses on this web-site:

1. Introduction to the Hadith
2. Understanding the Sunnah

Point No. 2:

I am aware of the hadith you quoted from Sahi of Bukhari (RA) i.e., Volume 7, Book 72, Number 822, that is why I didn’t say that there isn’t any of such hadith but mentioned about:

1. It’s authenticity.
2. The circumstances in which it was revealed.
3. It’s addresses.

I’d like to add upon more here:

4. Other of such ahadith in this matter.
5. The co-relation of the Qur’an or Sunnah and the very hadith.
6. The correct translation of the hadith.

We cannot judge a matter merely on the words of a hadith. There are certainly a number of things to look upon, some of which I have already mentioned in the points above.

I will not go into the details of the very hadith but like to mention that the Arabic word translated as “who removed hair from their faces” has been translated by the scholars in other meanings as well and there is a disagreement (among the scholars) whether shaping eye-brows or removing upper-lip hair is forbidden in Islam.

For the details, please see:

http://understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=900

Point No. 3:

You wrote, “However, this verse was obviously revealed to protect the Muslim women from getting molested, and also to instill a sense of modesty in them (Allah knows best). So it goes against common sense that Allah would not order a woman to cover her hair. A woman can allure a man from her face. The hair of a woman is naturally more attractive, so how can it be left exposed? In several authentic Ahaadeeth, it says that when the verse ordering women to "draw their veils over their bosoms" was revealed, the women of the Ansar tore part of their outer garments and covered their faces with them.”

The verse of Surah-e-Ehzab that you are referring to was revealed in the special circumstances in which there was a great threat to the Muslim women due to some characterless men. It cannot be generalized as an order for all the Muslim women living in normal circumstances. The permanent orders of hijab, for the Muslim women, are there in Surah-e-Noor. Please see the commentaries of both of the surahs for details.

The ahadith you have mentioned were consequently a result of the very verse of Surah-e-Ehzab that you referred to, earlier. Therefore, these ahadith should be understood keeping in mind the background of the circumstances in which the directive was revealed in Suraqh-e-Ehzab.

I wonder why you’re specifying beauty with women only. Man’s body and face are of attraction and beauty to women too. Why don’t men wear a veil upon their faces? The simplest answer to this is that Allah T’ala has not ordered men to do so. Same is the case for women, when Allah has not ordered them (in the normal circumstances) to cover their heads, who are we or anyone else to impose this on them?

Even if you have a difference of opinion in this very matter, you should present your own viewpoints peacefully to the Muslim women. Still, I think you cannot impose them on them as they have a right to choose among any of the viewpoints according to the best of their own understanding.

Point No. 4:

You wrote earlier, “I knew very well that it would sweep me into Hell---firstly, for eating several dead brothers' flesh, and secondly, for criticising scholars as they are likely to be waliullahs.”

Back-biting is allowed in five situations in Islam one of which is when someone has to criticize a wrong deed or concept of a leader or scholar.

Point No. 5:

You wrote earlier, “Believe me, sometimes when one of my relatives is sitting with me, listening to Israr Ahmad, she always ends up criticising him for "the masses of wealth" that Mr. Ahmad accumulates. And I always have a 'why-should-I-care;-I-love-him-for-his-talks' kinda attitude.”

I think this attitude of yours is not enough. You should try to convince your relative that having wealth is no evil but a blessing of Allah T’ala.

Of course, Allah knows the best. There may be error(s) in my understanding of the D’in therefore it is not compulsory for anyone to follow what I say.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Junaid Hassan
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 11, 2006  -  12:05 PM Reply with quote
Quote:
....to remove the confusions about Sunnah, Hadith and Uswa-e-hasana, please attend the following courses on this web-site:

1. Introduction to the Hadith
2. Understanding the Sunnah

Dear brother Junaid, Assalaamu 'Alaikum! I'm sorry but I will not refer to the mentioned courses, although I have taken the 2nd course myself. The thing is that the material in these courses is debated over. I don't care what the definition of Sunnah actually is. I, being a Muslim, just know that it is supposed to be followed.

Quote:
I am aware of the hadith you quoted from Sahi of Bukhari (RA) i.e., Volume 7, Book 72, Number 822, that is why I didn’t say that there isn’t any of such hadith but mentioned about:

1. It’s authenticity.
2. The circumstances in which it was revealed.
3. It’s addresses.

I’d like to add upon more here:

4. Other of such ahadith in this matter.
5. The co-relation of the Qur’an or Sunnah and the very hadith.
6. The correct translation of the hadith.

We cannot judge a matter merely on the words of a hadith. There are certainly a number of things to look upon, some of which I have already mentioned in the points above.

Brother Junaid, I'm not a scholar and it's thus going to be very hard for me to prove this Hadeeth to be correct, judging it by the points that you've mentioned. So if I can't prove this Hadeeth to be correct, why don't you prove it to be wrong? I think that'll be much better.

Quote:
The verse of Surah-e-Ehzab that you are referring to....

Excuse me? I'm not referring to Surah Ahzab. I'm referring to Surah Noor.

Quote:
I wonder why you’re specifying beauty with women only. Man’s body and face are of attraction and beauty to women too. Why don’t men wear a veil upon their faces? The simplest answer to this is that Allah T’ala has not ordered men to do so.

And just why hasn't He ordered men to do so? It's because men can never become the victims of rape by women, and therefore they need not be protected like women.

Quote:
Same is the case for women, when Allah has not ordered them (in the normal circumstances) to cover their heads, who are we or anyone else to impose this on them?

I understand "normal circumstances" to mean "in the home, etc." (correct me if I'm wrong). If by "normal circumstances" you mean "not at all unless there's a threat to the woman", then may Allah guide you. Why should a woman wait to become a victim of rape or molestation before covering herself fully? It's obvious that Allah Almighty wants Hijab for the woman because she is more attractive and might fall victim to molestation. But what is the use of Hijab if your face is dipped in makeup and your clothes are sparkling due to diamonds on them? Then the purpose of Hijab does not get fulfilled. This is exactly what the women of today are doing. They wear the Hijab over their heads but forget to cover their bodies by exposing their necks. I'm not imposing the Hijab as you say I am. This is only a general view to make women understand what Hijab really demands from them. And by the way, I think the Almighty would rather prefer women not singing in public and not wearing attractive clothes and at the same time not covering their heads, than women who cover their heads but sing in public wearing attractive clothes. The latter is exactly what today's Naat-Khuwaans are doing.

Quote:
....they have a right to choose among any of the viewpoints....

I don't think there are any views that support women not covering their heads in public. These women fail to realise that they're appearing in front of a million men, and there are chances that they may allure over 90%. Ask men who may have seen these women on TV. Ask them if these women look attractive. Most will reply in the affirmative.

Quote:
Back-biting is allowed in five situations in Islam one of which is when someone has to criticize a wrong deed or concept of a leader or scholar.

This statement of yours justifies my criticism, except for the point where I called them hypocrites. And by the way, it must be remembered that I meant that they were acting like hypocrites; they may not be hypocrites but they surely do act like hypocrites. In saying so, I'm not criticising them, but I'm criticising their acts.

Quote:
You wrote earlier, “Believe me, sometimes when one of my relatives is sitting with me, listening to Israr Ahmad, she always ends up criticising him for "the masses of wealth" that Mr. Ahmad accumulates. And I always have a 'why-should-I-care;-I-love-him-for-his-talks' kinda attitude.”
I think this attitude of yours is not enough. You should try to convince your relative that having wealth is no evil but a blessing of Allah T’ala.

Only the Almighty knows my reason for not telling my relative that. This particular relative never supports me in matters of Islam. She even goes around calling me a fanatic at times if I support these scholars. So it's really no use in telling her anything. We are poles apart and every discussion of ours ends up with loads of arguments.

Quote:
Of course, Allah knows the best. There may be error(s) in my understanding of the D’in therefore it is not compulsory for anyone to follow what I say.

Yes Mr. Junaid, Allah does know best, and therefore He also knows my intentions and the fact that I'm not trying to "impose" anything on anyone as you said.
May Allah enlighten your life with His guidance, the guidance that very few and only fortunate ones receive. May He advance you in knowledge.
Jazaak Allah.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Tuesday, July 11, 2006  -  2:07 PM Reply with quote
Those who accept any other source (hadith etc) beside Noble Quran are no doubt Mushrik. They have the highest extreme of dishonesty even with the hadith as well because if any hadith doesn’t benefit them, they say, its circumstances are different or it is not authenticated. So in this way, in addition to Mushrik they are hypocrite as well. They have all the misfortunes in this world and the hereafter.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 11, 2006  -  3:07 PM Reply with quote
Quote:
Those who accept any other source (hadith etc) beside Noble Quran are no doubt Mushrik.

So sorry Zulfee! You're actually trying to say that following Allah is part of being a Muslim, but following His Messenger is part of being a Mushrik! That's an absurd comment. In fact, you're a denier of the Holy Qur'an yourself. Know why? Because you go against verse 59 of Surah Nisaa:
"O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger....if you believe in Allah and the last day..." This verse proves that you do not believe in Allah nor the last day since you're against the Ahaadeeth.
And I disagree with you that they accept a Hadeeth according to what suits them. All people are not like that. You don't know everyone's intentions, do you?

Quote:
They have all the misfortunes in this world and the hereafter.

Zulfee, only those are misfortunate who do not understand anything and who go around criticising everyone though they know that they themselves are not perfect. May Allah bestow His guidance upon you so that you may prosper. May I see you in Heaven, brother!
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Tuesday, July 11, 2006  -  3:42 PM Reply with quote
Nida e khair:

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 11, 2006  -  6:45 PM Reply with quote
I'm wrong even if I give proof from the Qur'an? That doesn't make any sense.
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 11, 2006  -  7:21 PM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum,

Nida Khan you misunderstood me, I am not attacking you and not becoming agressive in my argument.

I am simply giving my explanation and please donot take it to your heart.
It is true that because of Zulfee I was little upset but now I am fine and I hope that you will forgive me for what I have said.
Please donot use the words like "pissed off" this is a slang and is not a respectable word.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 1 of 10

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker