1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 10 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, August 8, 2007  -  9:38 AM Reply with quote
Do not ill treat foreigners who are living in your land. Treat them as you would treat a fellow -israelite, and love them as you love yourselves. Remember that you were once foreigners in the land of Egypt

Leviticus Bible
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, August 8, 2007  -  9:50 AM Reply with quote
Do not bear a grudge against anyone, but settle your differences with him, so that you will not commit a sin because of him.( sin against him). Do not take revenge on anyone or continue to hate him, but love your neighbour as you love yourself.

Book of Leviticus from the Bible
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, August 10, 2007  -  6:18 PM Reply with quote
Disability is God given but handicap is man made
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 11, 2007  -  10:03 AM Reply with quote
Have you ever noticed that successful people seem to be able to do everything well? This is not because of some freak chance, but because of the foundation upon which they build their lives. The foundation of their lives is a strong commitment to personal development------to struggling to become the better person they know they can be in every area of their lives---which in turn transforms their family, relationships, community, country, and world. Truly successful people have character. Part of that character is an unwavering commitment to excellence. They know the art of discipline. Successful people just have better habits than the rest. You are your habits.

Successful people are in the habit of being disciplined. Undisciplined people are in the habit of being unsuccessful. Some people wake up each morning and just stagger through the day. Some people wake up to be successful. Whether it is success in the business world, success in the spiritual life, or success on the sporting field, the principles are the same. The application of these principles to any person's life necessarily breeds character and, in turn-----success, fulfillment, and happiness.
[From The Rhythm of Life by Matthew Kelly]
drhennataimoor

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 11, 2007  -  10:20 PM Reply with quote
Hadith on Taqdeer

1. Hadhrat Jabbir (radiallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: “You can never be a Mu’min as long as you do not believe in Taqdeer in its good and its bad to such an extent that whatever is to happen will not be warded off and whatever is not to happen will not occur.(Tirmizi)

2. Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radiallahu anhu) narrates: “I was (once) behind Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) when he said to me: ‘O son! I shall inform you of a few things. Remember Allah and He will protect you. Remember Allah and you will find Him close to you. When you have to ask for something, ask of Allah Ta’ala. When you require aid, seek His Aid.

Believe firmly that if all creation desires to benefit you in anything, they can never benefit you but that which Allah has decreed for you. If they all unite to harm you, they will not be able to harm you in anything, but that which Allah has decreed for you.”(Tirmizi)

3. Hadhrat Abu Darda (radiallahu anhu) narrates that Allah Ta’ala has already predestined five things for all people, viz., age, sustenance (rizq), deeds, place of burial and final salvation or condemnation.

(Ahmad,
Bazzaaz, Kabeer, Ausat)

4. Hadhrat Muaawiya (radiallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: “Do not advance to acquire something, thinking that you can acquire it by your efforts even though Allah Ta’ala has not predestined it for you nor retreat from something, thinking that you will be able to obviate it by your efforts even though Allah Ta’ala has predestined it for you.”

(Kabeer and Ausat)

Whatever Allah Ta’ala has predestined, will come to pass no matter what efforts are made by man to gain or ward it off.
5. Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radiallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallhu alayhi wasallam) said: “Strive to acquire what is beneficial for you; seek the aid of Allah; do not lose courage and if a setback overtakes you, do not say: ‘If I had done this then it would have happened like this (i.e. not what had happened).’ Instead, say: ‘Allah has ordained this.
Whatever he has willed, has happened.

(Muslim)

The above Ahadith have been extracted from jam’ul Fawaaid. These ahadith pertain largely to Taqdeer. The narrations which will appear hereunder pertain more to
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, August 14, 2007  -  8:36 AM Reply with quote
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared with what lies within us. Lasting success, fulfillment, and happiness depend on self-knowledge. There is a greater practical wisdom than knowledge of self. The knowledge principle is, simply, "Know yourself." From the knowledge of ourselves, we are able to create and maintain a lifestyle that intimately links our dreams, hopes, needs, desires, and talents-------while at the same time leading us to change, grow, develop, and become the-best-version-of-ourselves.

Wise people know themselves and live from that knowledge. Great men and women know themselves. They know their strengths, their weaknesses, their faults and failings, their flaws and defects, their talents and abilities, their needs and desires, their hopes and dreams, their potential and purpose. From these pieces of knowledge they weave a life of beauty and splendor. "Know yourself" is a character principle of legends, heroes, champions, leaders, and saints. [Kelly, The Rhythm of Life]
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, August 17, 2007  -  8:44 AM Reply with quote
thnx H for posting the ahadith re: fate;however we must be v. careful whilst conveying such re: their full details including the sciences of Hadith i.e. context and narrations(riwayat, darayat, etc) because ignoring such leads to un-necessary relaxation and lack of practical efforts on part of a common muslim to improve/change things in life and around.

this is what the scholars of almawrid institute of islamic sciences and a few scholars of the world like Dr.Jeffrey Lang (a convert muslim mathematician from U.S.)and Prof Tariq Ramadan from Sweden are aiming at-but sadly get criticized that they are fabricating or denying ahadith.this criticism, as obvious, is based on total ignorance and following propaganda without trying to read and learn the facts personally-which needs a bit of time 'n effortofcourse, and prayers for the guidance.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 18, 2007  -  4:20 AM Reply with quote
The story is told of an old man who lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning, Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading from his old worn-out Bible. His grandson who wanted to be just like him tried to imitate him in any way he could.

One day the grandson asked, "Grandpa, I try to read the Bible just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Bible do?"

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and said, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring back a basket of water."

The boy did as he was told, even though all the water leaked out before he could get back to the house.

The grandfather laughed and said, "You will have to move a little faster next time," and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breathe, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, "I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You can do this. You're just not trying hard enough" and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got very far. The boy scooped the water and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty.

Out of breathe, he said, "See Grandpa, it's useless!"

"So you think it is useless?" the old man said. "Look at the basket."

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time he realized that the basket looked different. Instead of a dirty old coal basket, it was clean.

"Son, that's what happens when you read the Bible. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, it will change you from the inside out. That is the work of God in our lives; to change us from the inside out and to slowly transform us into the image of His son."

Take the time to read a portion of God's word each day.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, August 28, 2007  -  6:00 AM Reply with quote
Life, in a sense, is a long succession of choices and decisions. The form your life takes depends on the decisions you make. What is different about the way legends, heroes, champions, leaders, and saints make decisions? What is their decision making process? They allow themselves to dream. They imagine perfect circumstances. They place no limitations upon their decision-making process. They ask: What would be best? What is the will of God? If I could do anything, would I do?

Do not dream like a bank manager. A bank manager tells you only what you can afford based on your realized potential. The greater part of all of us is our unrealized potential. It is true-----physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually. Do not let the guardians of the threshold prevent you from moving on and grasping your dreams. Do not let the emotional, intellectual, and spiritual bank managers discourage you from becoming the better person you know you can be. [Kelly, The Rhythm of Life]

Food for Thought:
There are times when silence is the most sacred of responses. Silence is a great peace maker. Silence means you are under complete control of all your emotional reactions, which are conquered in silence. The principle of healing is to invoke silence. Silence is unceasing eloquence. It is the best language.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, August 28, 2007  -  6:01 AM Reply with quote
Our weaknesses are the keys to our richer, more abundant future. Our strengths are already bearing the fruit they can. Our weaknesses are the unfarmed lands of our character. Pull the weeds from that land, till the soil, plant some seeds, and we will yield a great harvest. The heroes, leaders, legends, champions, and saints who fill the history books went looking for their weaknesses. They didn't hide their weaknesses, and they didn't hide from them. They woke early each morning and went out to face them, because they knew their weaknesses were the keys to their richer, more abundant future. If you want your future to be bigger than your past, start to transform your weaknesses into strengths. Are you prepared to face the weaknesses in you? [Kelly, The Rhythm of Life]

Food for Thought:
A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction. If we live good lives, the times are also good. As we are, such are the times. The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 1, 2007  -  6:43 AM Reply with quote
Speech is a great blessing conferred on man by God, thereby distinguishing him from all other creatures. But speech like wine intoxicates the mind. In silence are concealed many spiritual blessings and in speech many evils. [Al-Hujwiri]
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 1, 2007  -  6:46 AM Reply with quote
"Dear God:
If I worship you for fear of hell
Then burn me there in
If I worship you for desire of Paradise
Then keep me away from it
But if I worship you out of your love only
Then don't deprive me of your nearness"
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, September 5, 2007  -  10:03 PM Reply with quote
even a genius is not without hard work;
as they say:

' 90% is perspiration, 1% is inspiration'
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 3, 2007  -  1:12 AM Reply with quote
The Parable Of The Pencil

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box. There are 5 things you need to know, he told the pencil, before I send you out into the world.

Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.

ONE: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone's hand.

TWO: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you'll need it to become a better pencil.

THREE: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.

FOUR: The most important part of you will always be what's inside.

FIVE: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark.

No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.

The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.

Now replacing the place of the pencil with you; always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.

ONE: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you place your Trust in Allah.

TWO: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems, but you'll need it to become a stronger person.

THREE: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.

FOUR: The most important part of you will always be what's on the inside.

FIVE: On every surface you walk through, you must leave your mark.

No matter what the situation, you must continue to do your duties. By understanding and remembering, let us proceed with our life on this earth having a meaningful purpose in our heart.

Author: Unknown
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, August 22, 2008  -  12:07 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

1. Prophet Muhammad (saws) used to pray that Allah SWT should let dunya be in his hand and not to enter his heart.
Please provide proof for this.
quote:

2. Allah says in the Qur'an: "Those that seek the reward of this life should know that Allah rewards both in this life and the Next."
Please tell me Sura no. and verse no.
quote:

Shaytan lies in ambush and will come from the right,left,back and front and he will make this life so beautifull for us and our nafs is quick to respond.
Where did you get this information from?
quote:

But we have to remind ourselfes, and me myself most of all, that there is no place in the heart for BOTH dunya and iman.
So you mean heart is only for pumping blood?

Just a reminder to Ibrahimblicksjo SWEDEN after 18 months.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, August 22, 2008  -  12:45 PM Reply with quote
quote:

"Dear God:
If I worship you for fear of hell
Then burn me there in If I worship you for desire of Paradise
Then keep me away from it
But if I worship you out of your love only
Then don't deprive me of your nearness"

Brother Waseem, wherever you have copied that 'dua' from, it is a purely unislamic dua.

fear of hell:

Allah s.w.t. says: (translation of the meanings of the verse)

Az-Zumar (The Groups) 39:16

لَهُم مِّن فَوْقِهِمْ ظُلَلٌ مِّنَ النَّارِ وَمِن تَحْتِهِمْ ظُلَلٌ ذَلِكَ يُخَوِّفُ اللَّهُ بِهِ عِبَادَهُ يَا عِبَادِ فَاتَّقُونِ

Clouds of fire will they have above them, and [similar] clouds beneath them…” In this way does God imbue His servants with fear. O you servants of Mine! Be, then, conscious of Me -

desire of Paradise:

Allah s.w.t. says: (translation of the meanings of the verse)

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran) 3:133

وَسَارِعُواْ إِلَى مَغْفِرَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَجَنَّةٍ عَرْضُهَا السَّمَاوَاتُ وَالأَرْضُ أُعِدَّتْ لِلْمُتَّقِينَ

And vie with one another to attain to your Sustainer's forgiveness and to a Paradise as vast as the heavens and the earth, which has been readied for the God-conscious

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 10 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker