Page 4 of 4

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, February 23, 2007  -  7:32 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Salam brother Zulfi

Ghamidhi is labelled as munkareen i hadith in PK. This is because Ghamidhi believes that hadith is not a source of religion and the Qur'an and Sunnah are the only sources of religion.
Br. Waseem I hope u Personally DO NOT Believe what u've stated above about Mr. Ghamidi.
You r Right that Mr Ghamidi Does NOT take HADITH as Source of Religion BUT he's NOT alone in this Regard. Except "Ahl e Hadith" All others Believe in that too. If you have time & especially the Capability of reading Arabic Material then Plz read the Book of Imam Shaf'ee (1st Century Hijri) to Imam Shatabi (6th Century Hijri). Imam Ibn e Hazam was the 1st person who Declared (or Insisted) that Hadith shud be taken as Source of Religion. Do you Know That?
By the Way I personaly Know that Mr. Ghamidi takes/Follows MORE ahadith than people of Ahl e Hadith themselves BUT he says that he will Quote Only & Only SAHIH Ahadith. he & All others take ALL Ahadith as an Explanation of Quran & Sunnah but NOT as a Source.
So Plz TRY to understand Mr. Ghamidi's Point of View.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, February 23, 2007  -  2:45 PM Reply with quote
Salam bro Ibrahim

Please correct me if I am wrong, this is what I have understood from Ghamidhi sb

" Those who make Hadith a source of religion make a big mistake, those who ignore hadith completely make even a bigger mistake. The role of hadith is ;

Hadith literally means a saying or something new. In Islamic terminology, it is defined as the individual-to-individual narratives ascribed to the Prophet (pbuh) regarding his sayings, actions, expressed or tacit approvals, his life history and personal description.

These include:

Life history of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), including his meetings with people, important events in his time e.g. Holy wars as narrated by his followers.

Record of the Prophet Mohammad's (pbuh) everyday life, rituals and routines, these are those things that he liked but did not authorise their initiation as essential part of religion. These records reveal the Prophet's (pbuh) excellent example (Uswa Al Hasana) in carrying out the directives of Islam.

Record of answers to questions and explanations given by the Prophet (pbuh) to his followers.

Record of any explanations about commandments in the Qur'an and the Sunnah by the Prophet (pbuh) to his followers.

Principles of Acceptance of Hadith

The scholars of the science of ahadith have devised the following criteria which need to be met for a hadith to be considered authentic.

Continuity in the chain of narrators.

Narrators must be practicing Muslims and must not have engaged in activities that are forbidden.

Narrators should have sound understanding, memory and expression.

Reports should not contradict similar substantiated Ahadith regarding the same topic.

Reports should be free of any hidden defects (which are called Illah in this science).

What can be understood and derived from a Hadith should not contradict The Qur'an, The Sunnah and Established facts.

Some important requisites for the understanding of Ahadith

Need to understand and interpret Ahadith in light of the Qur'an and the Sunnah, which are the ultimate and absolute sources of religious information.

Need to interpret ahadith in their proper and relevant context.

To understand Ahadith adequately, we need to study all the related Ahadith on the particular subject.

The Qur'an, the Sunnah and the Hadith

The Qur'an and the Sunnah hold a pivotal place as the source of understanding of religion. The Sunnah and the Qur'an do not abrogate each other. They cannot be overruled by Hadith. Both these sources contain the entire religion. Hadith can thus explain these sources or provide the best example set by the Holy Prophet (pbuh); it cannot abrogate or contradict the basic corpus of religion residing in the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Hadith literature does not add to the content of religion; it offers an explanation of the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah, and dictates sense and reason.

Some of the main outcomes of adopting the correct approach to understanding Islam
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 24, 2007  -  6:32 AM Reply with quote
Narrated Al-Irbad ibn Sariyah as-Sulami: We alighted with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) at Khaybar, and he had his companions with him. The chief of Khaybar was a defiant and abominable man. He came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Is it proper for you, Muhammad, that you slaughter our donkeys, eat our fruit, and beat our women? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) became angry and said: Ibn Awf, ride your horse, and call loudly: Beware, Paradise is lawful only for a believer, and that they (the people) should gather for prayer. They gathered and the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) led them in prayer, stood up and said: Does any of you, while reclining on his couch, imagine that Allah has prohibited only that which is to be found in this Qur'an? By Allah, I have preached, commanded and prohibited various matters as numerous as that which is found in the Qur'an, or more numerous. Allah has not permitted you to enter the houses of the people of the Book without permission, or beat their women, or eat their fruits when they give you that which is imposed on them. (Sunan Abu Dawud Book #19, Hadith #3044)
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 24, 2007  -  10:46 AM Reply with quote
Point taken Usmani. Whatever the Prophet (sws) has conveyed to us as religion, has to be followed. No question about that.

But a Hadith is a questionable (i.e. zanni) report of what the Prophet said, not a definitive one? The definitive part is Sunnah isnt it?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 24, 2007  -  11:52 AM Reply with quote
A rulling of sharih can not be taken on this basis of zanni hadith but we still benifited from it a lot depending what its says.

The four Madhab and also aheleh hadith's concept of Sunnah is that"any hadith if it is for the following of Ummah,it is Sunnah"
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, February 25, 2007  -  5:14 PM Reply with quote
you said……I was Fed up too with Deleting his posts.

Sincer to the duty donot say like this. am i wrang.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 6, 2007  -  5:55 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Salam bro Ibrahim
Please correct me if I am wrong, this is what I have understood from Ghamidhi sb
w salaam Br Wasim
Sorry for this Late Response. Ma sha Alalh your Understanding is 100% correct.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4
Page 4 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker