Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
AMby

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, October 16, 2003  -  12:23 PM Reply with quote
Friends

Lets c what the word Friends mean to people here ?

friend
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 16, 2003  -  10:34 PM Reply with quote
Anyone who can master the "sacred attributes". Namely, patience and tolerance.

The Qur'an invites us to be patient and to be tolerant time and again. There has to be something really special about these traits in particular.

I would also like to believe that when Allah calls Himself the friend of such-and-such a person, it would be because we are patient and tolerant in our dealings with others - aside from other things - and that He was patient and tolerant of our misdeeds, each time that we erred.

Wasalaam.

quote:

Lets c what the word Friends mean to people here ?

friend

xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, October 17, 2003  -  1:27 AM Reply with quote
people u can trust with all ur heart
people hu wil b there 4 u til da very end
their lives mean more 2 me than my own
people hu i can confide in 2
people hu i can trust and hopefully, they can trust me bak
wel i hope that helps!

Bas!
AMby

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, October 17, 2003  -  6:34 PM Reply with quote
Friends. A simple word isn't it? It's uttered everyday to almost every person imaginable. Who are your friends? I used to think that friends were the people that you could laugh and talk to. Now I know that friends aren't that, they're the people that touch ur heart. You could spend hours with them doing nothing at all and it can be the best time of your life, just becuase it was with them. They're the people you can
share your secrets with, cry with, laugh with, and just have fun with. They don't judge you or make you change. They accept you exactly as you are. They look at you and they see a great person, one they love spending time with. You all share something in common and are tied together by memories, tears, laughs and smiles. You're tied together by love for the other. Friendship is the strangest but greatest thing in the world. I find my time with my friends, the best times of my life. My friends are my heart, my soul, my fun, my laughter, tears, love and my life.

friend
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, February 2, 2004  -  11:56 PM Reply with quote
friends come in all forms, shapes, sizes and personalities but they all make us feel special
Some tyms we g2 b careful ho we choose as fwends cuz dey cn efect us in diferent wayz- although frends arent limitd 2 jst islamic n religious ppl; da bst company is dat of a muslim cuz u dnt want ur iman 2 b wknd cuz ur m8s arent muslims so u 4gt ur prayer or dnt wana fast cuz ur goin out wif em...ur religion is alwayz more important
only4allah

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, February 3, 2004  -  10:03 PM Reply with quote
My definition of 'friend' would be, those who encourage you to do the good and forbid the evil.

"Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining the good and forbidding the bad. And it is they who are the successful." [Surah Al-Imran 3:104]

Simply because, those that will encourage you to do good, and forbid the evil do so as a means of helping you gain rewards in the here after... they are the ones who remember Allah, engage in benefical conversations, avoiding the back biting, they are the ones who strive to refrain from the fitnah and gain Allah's love, by doing things with the intention of Pleasing Him subhana wa ta'alaa.

There is a saying that goes... 'A friend in need is a friend in deen'.
So, the one with deen is the better friend to the one without deen, simply because your friends influence you ALOT. I personally think that it is best to stay with those with good deen, for the good traits they hold will insha'Allah rub off on you.
aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, February 4, 2004  -  1:28 PM Reply with quote
Salams,
My closest friends are those who assist me in getting me closer to my Greatest Friend,Allah,my Lord,my Creator,my Cherisher.My greatest foe is the person whose company derails me from my journey to my Lord.
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, February 6, 2004  -  10:39 AM Reply with quote

Apart from the spiritual considerations , how much financial considerations have to be taken into account before counting anyone as the best friend?

AMby

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, February 6, 2004  -  12:56 PM Reply with quote
i dont think financial condition of a friend matters and one shouldnt make some one friend on seeing their financial status .we should take into condition their inner self .

friend
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, February 6, 2004  -  7:09 PM Reply with quote

Your point is well appreciated. However, the question was not about considering financial status of people before making friends with. The question was about extending financial help along with the spiritual help toward your friend. Almost all participants have talked above about the spiritual attributes and not a single one has pointed out the fact that friendship also demands something in financial terms or in terms of time and energy. It is to this end that I would like to hear the opinion of my forum mates.

AMby

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 7, 2004  -  5:39 PM Reply with quote
you r right abt that .. i think we should financially help our friends but tactfully so that their ego doesnt get hurt ..keeping this thing in mind i asked people to help a friend who was jobless ....khair anywayzz we should help those who r around us so that this feeling of love engulfs all of us .. and makes us one big family...

friend
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 8, 2004  -  7:47 PM Reply with quote
um... only 4 Allah, how old r u? sowi, im 13 and i find it a bit .... boriiiiinnnng :P
but i agree with wut u r saying but ... its gud 2 b bad sumtyms :D i no tht sounds weird but u gota hav sum fun and not all fun is halal!!!! however not all fun is haram either... do u agree? lol
XxXx
B@$/\/\@#
madina_tujhe_salaam

BRAZIL
Posted - Sunday, February 8, 2004  -  8:01 PM Reply with quote
hey bas i think ur totally kewl can u cum vist me oone day?ur messages r so sweet!n totally true:p
madina_tujhe_salaam

BRAZIL
Posted - Sunday, February 8, 2004  -  8:03 PM Reply with quote
i think friend r so nice to have they help u in hard timez a real friend is always there for you!
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 8, 2004  -  8:11 PM Reply with quote
awwwwwwwwwww madina_tujhe_salam i came 2 ur birthday party!!
those r the sweetest mssgs but hw do u NO if a frend is a REAL FREND?
theyre hv 2 b sum syns abt their frendship
i had 1 person say she was my frend but then she went and tld all my secrets 2 my WORST ENEMY wich was every so mean
and i jus dnt want tht 2 hppn 2 ne 1 else
SYNS OF TRU FRENDSHIP!!
WUT R THEY??
lol
salams
XxB@$/\/\@#xX

Bas!
madina_tujhe_salaam

BRAZIL
Posted - Sunday, February 8, 2004  -  8:11 PM Reply with quote
wot r friends for? friends are for everyone!wot do friends look like? friends can look like anything its not there image that counts but who they are inside!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker