1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 1 of 4

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
salahuddinzafar

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Friday, August 15, 2008  -  5:33 AM Reply with quote
Did Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Claim prophethood?

Assalam o alaikum!
In the "question on islam" section i ve come across some questions about Mirza Ghulam Ahmed and in the answer given by Mr. Tariq Mahmood Hashmi, Research Assistant Studying Islam discusses the finality of prphethood.
There is no doubt that prophethood has been finalized on Hazrat Muhammad (sallalla o alyehay wasallam), but the important question is that "Is there any irrefutable proof of claim of Prophethood by Mirza Ghulam Ahmed"?

Please prove from his own writings and not from the writings of his followers because most of the Christians beleive Jesus to be God but Jesus himself never claimed divinity. One more thing that not all the followers of Ghulam Ahmed consider him prophet (Lahori group) and thier stong stance is that He never claimed prophethood.
Regards!
Salahuddin Zafar

Edited by: salahuddinzafar on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:32 AM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 16, 2008  -  8:04 AM Reply with quote
walaykum assalam s and welcome to Studying Islam forums

More than one person have claimed false prophethood in the past.

I do not possess this person's writings personally.You could check with Almawrid Library in Lahore. However I doubt they'll have it as their work is based on the research from the original sources of Islam; but the following Links I found via Google may help:

http://www.aaiil.org/urdu/qadi/shtml/minnanurrehman.shtml

Contradictions in the writings of Mirza
Contradictions in writings of Mirza Ghulam A Qadiani. By Dr. Rashid .... angels and Night of Power .... and after Syedna wa Maulana Muhammad SAAW, ...
www.alhafeez.org/rashid/contradictions.html - 13k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

You may also write to Br.Tariq Hashmi directly.
salahuddinzafar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 19, 2008  -  11:35 AM Reply with quote
Assalam o alaikum!

Thanks for ur reply and guidance. i ve mailed the same question to brother Tariq Hahmi and requestd him to reply in the discussion forum.

As far as above two mentioned links are concerned, the first link is from the website of Lahori Group (the group of Ahmadis which i mentioned in my first post). This is the group of followers of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed who have strong stance that "He naver claimed prophethood". The first link also shows that.

As far as second link is concerned, then that is a seperate topic (i.e. Contradictions in writings of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad).

One more thing that "research from the orignal sources of islam", i ll discuss that some other time and discuss some important facts about the research, inshaAllah.
Regards!

Salahuddin Zafar

Edited by: salahuddinzafar on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:00 AM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, August 20, 2008  -  9:18 PM Reply with quote
walaykum assalam S; yes insh'Allah.

rgds
salahuddinzafar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, August 27, 2008  -  5:05 AM Reply with quote
Assalam o alaikum!

Still waiting for reply from brother Tariq Hashmi.
He seems to be a busy person, can anyone else reply on behalf of studying-islam.org?

Regards!

Salahuddin zafar
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, August 28, 2008  -  9:33 AM Reply with quote
Apparently Br.Tariq in his reply only tried to refute the view that Mirza G.M. was a prophet. This is what I learnt from his reply.
" We did not take up the question whether he claimed or not. We know that the view that he is a prophet is current and there are people who adhere to this view. So we tried to refute the view regardless of the matter Mirza Sahib himself claimed to be a prophet or not."
You may also write to
query@studying-islam.org
salahuddinzafar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, September 1, 2008  -  5:20 AM Reply with quote
Assalam o alaikum!

With due respect i wd say that brother Tariq has mentioned about the "claim of prophethood" by the persian descent.

Look at his reply to one of the counter questions:

"We do not understand that this saying proves the veracity of the claim of any person of Persian descent that he is a prophet of God. If that is the case then any Persian man can put that claim in his favor. Besides this interpretation of the saying contradicts the Qur'an and the consensus of the Muslims Ummah on the fact that the Prophet Muhammad (sws) explicitly explained that he was the last of the Messengers of God. The issue of prophet hood is not a trivial matter. It does not depend on individual narratives. The Muslims belief in this regard is based on explicit Qur'anic assertions and their Prophet's clear statement which they have carried all the way down from him that no prophet is going to succeed him".

Brother Tariq is discussing the claim of prophethood. Important thing is that in question Mirza ghulam Ahmed is only called as a person among the Persians to bring faith back to earth. Has it been claimed in the question that the hadith mentions a prophet to come. it says only a person. So there was no question of prophethood in the said question, but answer given was refute of prphethood. Not only the refute of prophethood but also the claim of prophethood. That is why I ve requested brother Tariq hashmi and studying-islam.org to please prove the claim of Ghulam Ahmed.

Please once again check the answer and also the answer of the counter question. Link is given below.

http://studying-islam.org/querytext.aspx?id=308

i ve also mailed to query@studying-islam.org.

JzaakAllah

SZ
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, October 15, 2008  -  4:04 PM Reply with quote
quote:

........ "Is there any irrefutable proof of claim of Prophethood by Mirza Ghulam Ahmed"?

...........not all the followers of Ghulam Ahmed consider him prophet (Lahori group) and thier stong stance .....

Mirza Ghulam Qadiani’s life was laden with contradictory and anti-Islamic claims.

In 1880, he declared himself to be only a Muslim writer;

in 1885, he announced he was a revivalist (Mujaddid);

in 1891, he claimed to be the Promised Mehdi and the Promised Messiah; and

in 1901, he pronounced himself a prophet of God! Facing an open and strong opposition by Muslim Scholars and religious leaders for this blasphemous declaration and other teachings which belittled Jesus Christ(pbuh) and contradicted the Quranic revelations, he also announced that he was the second and improved coming of the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) with authority to reinterpret the Holy Quran at his pleasure! Not happy with mere prophethood,

in 1904, he declared himself the Krishna (the Hindu Lord). Obviously, like an unethical modern-day politician, he was trying to appeal to all uneducated segments of the public in India!

For reference to proof from his writings, please visit:
http://www.irshad.org/exposed/i-k.php

Since the death of Mirza Ghulam Qadiani, his heirs -- the leaders of the Qadiani organization ("Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam") -- have been extremely busy trying to clean up his image. Backed by seemingly unlimited support they receive from their anti-Muslim allies, they have been promoting falsehood and deception through the media. They have even resorted to removing some of most controversial controversial writings of Qadiani leadership -- which had become a source of embarrassment to them -- from circulation. Their partial English translation of their original text has been heavily edited to exclude all controversial and anti-Islamic sayings of their cult leaders. Obviously, they themselves realize the true nature of their "Ahmadiyya Mission".

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:19 PM
salahuddinzafar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, October 20, 2008  -  4:26 AM Reply with quote
Assalam o alaikum Brother aboosait........

Thanx for giving the information. ur above mentioned information raises some questions but i ll put forward those question later, inshaAllah. First i wd like to get my first question to be answered. You gave the link of the website, i wd again request to please put forward a single, only one statement for writings of Ghulam Ahmed (out of his more than 80 books) which proves that he claimed the prophethood.

Regqards!

Salahuddin Zafar
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, October 20, 2008  -  5:22 AM Reply with quote
Respected participants

we've rcvd an interesting email. I'm posting it for you here:

Assalam Alaikum.

My name is Asif mehmood. I live in Rawalpindi Pakistan. I am 29 years old. I speak urdu language. I am Ahmadi by birth. Ahmadi means those who belongs to Ahmadiyya Muslim community (www.alislam.org).

What I wanted to point out is that I just wanted to inform you about a very serious issue. As you might have know this that Ahmadis are persecuted in all over the world. specially in Pakistan. But this thing is not unique. because all other religious community members are also persecuted in the world. like Christians, Hindus, Muslims, etc are also persecuted in the name of religion. so this persecution is not special with Ahmadis.

Now the point is that I am ahmadi. and I know that Ahmadiyya Muslim community whose official website is www.alislam.org and whose official TV channel is www.mta.tv is a Corrupted community. This is I believe and I have several proofs about this. which I want to explore in the world. and not only me but Also many many other members of Ahmadiyya community have complaints about our community. but unfortunately Ahmadiyya Administration do not give us chance to say some thing against them on MTA (www.mta.tv). so therefore I have built a website www.zakirnaik.wordpress.com to exposing the corruptions of Ahmadiyya Muslim community. By saying "Corruption" I mean that Ahmadiyya community do not follow their own Prophet (promised messiah) whose name is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani. So, I believe that Ahmadiyya community Administration are using only the name of Promised Messiah but they don't follow. they are mis guiding the members of Ahmadiyya community as well as they mis guide all world. My English is not so good. so that's why I have written many articles in urdu language in my website (www.zakirnaik.wordpress.com) against Ahmadiyya Muslim community. and I wish if some one translate those urdu articles into English language.

My complaints against Ahmadiyya Muslim community:

They don't follow the teachings of Promised Messiah (Mirza ghulam ahmad qadiani). They have make their own teachings and presenting on the name of promised messiah.
They don't pay attention to complaints against Ahmadiyya Administrations. And If they pay attention they do not resolve the problem. They do not accept the mistake of their own Ahmadiyya Administrative system.
Mirza Masroor Ahmad (head of the world wide Ahmadiyya community) do not Answer the questions of Ahmadis on MTA INTERNATIONAL (www.mta.tv)
Mirza Masroor Ahmad (head of the world wide Ahmadiyya community) do not answer the questions of non-ahmadis on MTA INTERNATIONAL (www.mta.tv)
These are some complaints. if you have any questions you can ask me.

My email: pmuslim@yahoo.com

My website www.zakirnaik.wordpress.com

wassalam
umarbaig

INDIA
Posted - Monday, October 20, 2008  -  11:25 AM Reply with quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirza_Ghulam_Ahmad
salahuddinzafar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, October 21, 2008  -  4:28 AM Reply with quote
Assalam o alaikum!

Still waiting for the answer of my question. All above links and discussion still cd nt give the answer of my question.

w salam

Salahuddin Zafar
umarbaig

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 21, 2008  -  3:23 PM Reply with quote
You might have not gone through whole text of the links.
umarbaig

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 21, 2008  -  3:43 PM Reply with quote
A link, by the way, might be not relevant to the question of this forum.
http://www.khatm-e-nubuwwat.org/english/qadiyaniat/10.htm
mbellos

NIGERIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 21, 2008  -  6:25 PM Reply with quote
Assalamoeleikumwarahmatullah. Salahuddin what is your problem? You keep repeating your same Question like a Parrot when so many people have replied to you. Brother Ibrahim who is a Moderator of this Website has also given a very detailed and understandable Answer to your Query. If you want to follow Mirza Ghulam Muhammad, Do it, and dont waste everyone elses time. You could have finished studyiing all the Courses on this Website by now since the time you are repeating the same Question, answer to which has been given clearly. Allah be with you.
salahuddinzafar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 22, 2008  -  6:04 AM Reply with quote
Assalam o alaikum!
Dear Umar baig! If u think that whole text of links gives the answer to my question then please give me that one particular statement in the all above links which gives the answer (as ur statement shows that u wd ve gone through whole text).

Now coming to the reply of mbellos

My problem is that i ve been searching the answer of this question since long. When i came across one of the answers to the question regarding Ghulam Ahmed by brother Tariq Hashmi, i thought that he will be knowing the answer. I asked him and he replied me via email. His reply is this:

"assalaam o alaikumI am sorry for not being able to respond to your question earlier. I was busy in finalizing another assignment. I have not studied the writings and claims of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani directly. What I was trying to refute, therefore, is the position that Mirza Qadiani was a prophet regardless of the matter whether such a claim is validly ascribed to him or not. When we try to falsify trinity we do not negate teachings of the Prophet Jesus. Similarly when we try to refute the claim that Mirza Qadiani is not a prophet we negate such a claim regarding him. No matter who puts forward such a belief. It is well known that many people do in fact believe in his prophethood. Regards,Tariq Mahmood Hashmi".

As far as reply from Brother Ibrahim is concerned i wd like to ask directly to Brother Ibrahim:

"Brother Ibrahim Do u think that u have answered my query?"

and lastly mbellos wrote
"If you want to follow Mirza Ghulam Muhammad, Do it, and dont waste everyone elses time".

I wd like to ask all the participants of the discussion (including mbellos) and the moderators that "Is discussion of any topic, any question, any misconception is wastage of time"?

Regards!

Edited by: salahuddinzafar on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:50 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 1 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker