Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Thursday, September 18, 2008  -  11:55 AM Topic is locked
Moon from Makkah

For the last 2-3 yrs ,I have seen some people celebrating eid on the basis of Makkah moonsighting.

I dont get the logic behind this.
Any one who has idea on this topic plz share your views or else quote someone on this issue.

Jazakallah KHair
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 19, 2008  -  5:00 AM 
Last Year Mr. Ghamidi gave his point of View that there is no harm if Meccan moon is applied to All over the world. In fact he was in favor of it.

The logic behind is v simple. If Moon of Karachi/Quetta can be applied to Lahore/Peshawar OR vise versa then Moon of Mecca can also be applied to whole world as these days the news of moon can reach the world in seconds whereas in Prophet's time Meccan news was not able to reach in Madina in time. Same was the case about 50 years ago but Now the world is very fast.

I hope it helps.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Friday, September 19, 2008  -  6:44 PM 
thanks brother,
I ve two followup questions:
1.Theoritically,What is the basis of this in holy scriptures.
2.Practically,is it good to see two diff eids in same family or locality?

people normally do tashaddud in matters of ibadah'.one faction says its haram to fast on the day of eid .situation becomes comples.
care to reply
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, September 20, 2008  -  5:25 AM 
you are welcome brother,
here's your reply.
1- This matter is not based on any NUSS. It's an Ijtihadi matter.
2- It's not good to see two diff eids in same family or locality. In fact it's not acceptable. The Spirit of Islam says that we all should follow what is decided at the Govt. level.
In Pak we have Halal Comittee & They announce the moon. We all must follow it. But if Pak decides in the parliament to follow the moon of Mecca then we All will be bound to follow it & no one shud follow the local moon then.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, September 21, 2008  -  7:57 AM 
JazakAllah,
I got it now .
thanks n salam
hemedi

TANZANIA
Posted - Wednesday, September 24, 2008  -  1:26 PM 
assalaam alaykum
what is the real time of sahri
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, September 25, 2008  -  2:55 AM 
quote:

assalaam alaykum
what is the real time of sahri

Please visit the following site and search for your country details.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, August 30, 2009  -  5:30 PM 
quote:

.......................Moon of Mecca can also be applied to whole world..............

This would be possible only if Makkah apllies the moon sighted in any part of the world.

Let me explain.

Supposing you are in a country where moon was sighted yesterday whereas moon was not sighted in Makkah yesterday.

You will have to celebrate eid today and cannot wait for another day or two until the moon is sighted in Makkah.

Edited by: aboosait on Monday, August 31, 2009 6:05 PM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, September 2, 2009  -  7:21 AM 
There is the difference of only one day in the moon sighting & luckily Saudi Arabia falls in that part of the earth where moon is sighted first. Therefore only in countries like Indo-Pak will have to go back one day to start a joint moon. This shift can be done very easily in that month when They have a month of 30 days & we'll have that month of 29 days. Suppose if we decide to shift in this month then there must be 30 fasts in SA so that we can have our 29. & this calculation is very easy for the experts of this area.
I hope I'm able to clear that point.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, September 2, 2009  -  12:39 PM 
quote:

I hope I'm able to clear that point.
No.

Please tell me what you mean by

"start a joint moon"

"This shift can be done"

quote:

........luckily Saudi Arabia falls in that part of the earth where moon is sighted first.........

On what basis do you say so?

I would like to inform you that this year too like last year Moon sighting was reported from Tirunelveli in India one day before it was sighted in the Saudi Kingdom

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 12:45 PM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, September 9, 2009  -  6:16 AM 
"start a joint moon" means One moon for whole muslim world.
"This shift can be done" means that now dates are different but if we want to make one Moon date for whole muslim world then those who are behind ONE day will have to be shifted.
Well, I'm not sure about moon of Tirunelveli in India being before KSA. My basis was general knowledge where only one day different is found between all places of the world. Nevertheless there is still no harm in following Moon of KSA by all Muslims of the world as by Law we only need the announcement of Moon every month.
I hope this time i'm able to clear my point.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, September 10, 2009  -  11:32 AM 
quote:

Well, I'm not sure about moon of Tirunelveli in India being before KSA.
Why?

Dont you believe in facts?

quote:

by Law we only need the announcement of Moon every month.
Announcement from where?

And by which law sir?

Not Islamic Law I am sure.

Islamic Law (Hadith) says sight the moon.

It doesnt empower you to announce it by making adjustments.

The Hindu calendar in India is also Lunar but they make adjustments to fix the dates of festivals to fall during the same season every year.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, September 13, 2009  -  11:36 AM 
quote:

O People, the unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calender in order to make permissible that which Allah forbade
Do you know who said that to whom and when?

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:32 PM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 15, 2009  -  7:32 AM 
Dear aboosait,
I believe in facts. I just mean to say that this info has come to me 1st time. So I need to recheck it before being sure about it. this doesn't mean that I'm not trusting you.

yes of course I mean Islamic law. the announcement of Moon every month be either done by an Islamic state Itself or they'll decide to take it from any other state like Mecca etc.

Mr. Ghamidi has explained this Hadith. actually its one v imp part is missing from most of the versions. It is present in Sahih Muslim & it changes the whole complex of the situation. This Hadith is in NO WAY explaning the Law of Islam. Our beloved Prophet PBUH is just saying that Moon month can be of 29 days, so see the moon. for details pl see the relavent portion od Sahih Muslim & pl see ALL TEXTS of that Hadith. That's why we insist that one must collect ALL TEXT of a Hadith before deriving any conclusion.

& This has no relation with "temring of the calendar" or "making adjustments to fix the dates of festival". Our sole intention is to stop the diff of opinion in this regard that we see every year hear in pakistan at least twice & to join in our imp religious matters with the most Holy places for Muslims of the whole world. Don't U want to Fast on the same day when there's Yom-e- Arafah in Mecca & present your sacrifices on the same day when millions of hujjaj are doing so there?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, September 15, 2009  -  6:36 PM 
quote:

Don't U want to Fast on the same day when there's Yom-e- Arafah in Mecca & present your sacrifices on the same day when millions of hujjaj are doing so there?
It will be night in some parts of the world when it is day in Arafah. Next you will say I should line up for prayer when the Imam of haram stands up for prayer whether it is night or day in my place and join the satellite transmission of the prayer.

I ask you brother Ibrahim,did the Prophet or the Almighty himself ask us to make such adjustment that you are wasting your time and energy on it?

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:37 PM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, September 15, 2009  -  6:45 PM 
quote:

Dear aboosait,
..........I believe in facts. I just mean to say that this info has come to me 1st time. So I need to recheck it before being sure about it.......
That means you are coming to conclusions without investigating.

I have placed facts before you not just statement of any shaikh xyz.

First satisfy yourself as to the authenticity of my statement and then issue your fatwa whether people in places like Tirunalveli should ignore their moon and wait for it to be sighted in the KSA.

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:48 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker