Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
avi2009

INDIA
Topic initiated on Wednesday, May 27, 2009  -  12:29 PM Reply with quote
Query

before joining this forum I want to know, may I expresse my views openly regarding islam, even if it differs from yours opinion about it?

After geting green signal from your side I can proceed. If not, then I am not.

avi
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, May 28, 2009  -  6:39 AM Reply with quote
Healthy criticism and critical assessment is a part of the traditions of Islamic scholars since beginning.In fact it is a requirement for intellectual development for all.
The undesirable things are offensive,personal and obscene comments on any one.These things have no place for civilised discussions .

hope u take care of such things
avi2009

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 28, 2009  -  9:09 AM Reply with quote
Thank you brother......

Now I am posing this question to all the participants of this discussion forum;

"What was the Message of the Last Prophet?" 'Was it Quran OR were they Quran & Hadis?'

By the way I knew by reading Quran that it was only Quran.

Now I want to know yours views.

avi2009
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, May 28, 2009  -  9:44 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brother Avi2009,

Hadis is a "Historical Record" of the life of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), which was recirded by some other companions.

The Last and Final Message is only Quran.

This is my understanding, which may be incorrect. Please correct me if I am mistaken

Edited by: atifrafi on Thursday, May 28, 2009 9:44 AM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, May 28, 2009  -  11:50 AM Reply with quote
quote:

"What was the Message of the Last Prophet?" 'Was it Quran OR were they Quran & Hadis?'

By the way I knew by reading Quran that it was only Quran.

excellent.
where did you read this in Quran?
plz share it with us.
avi2009

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 28, 2009  -  12:05 PM Reply with quote
I know that Prophet Muhammad(Peace & Blessings be Upon Him)leaded his life according to the rulings of the Quran. Therefore, in my opinion there should be no difference between Quran & Hadis, if hadis were the life-records of Prophet Muhammad. am I correct? If yes, then why we find many differences between Quranic rulings and various hadis, for example;

According to Hadis We recite our Juhr & Maghrib prayer(first 2 rakas), maintaining audible tones and 2nd parts are silently, also maintaining total silence in Asr prayer. Whereas the Quran says otherwise;

"And neither speak thy Prayer aloud nor speak it in a low tone but seek a middle course between". Sura Al-Israa (17) verse 110 Translation by Yusuf Ali

Why this difference?

avi
avi2009

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 28, 2009  -  12:23 PM Reply with quote
Dear raushan,

Please read these and many more....

2:97, 3:20, 5:99, 12:2, 15:87, 17:9, 17:46, 17:106, 20:113, 28:85, 42:7....etc.

avi
avi2009

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 28, 2009  -  12:29 PM Reply with quote
Sorry... One mistake has been occured when I replied to Mr atirati and that is juhr should be replace by Isha prayer.

This may be condoned.

avi
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, May 29, 2009  -  3:20 PM Reply with quote
quote:

According to Hadis We recite our Juhr & Maghrib prayer(first 2 rakas), maintaining audible tones and 2nd parts are silently, also maintaining total silence in Asr prayer. Whereas the Quran says otherwise;

"And neither speak thy Prayer aloud nor speak it in a low tone but seek a middle course between". Sura Al-Israa (17) verse 110 Translation by Yusuf Ali

Why this difference?

Why is there a difference? It's because you didn't do your homework right. Firstly the quran only speaks about Muslims enjoining prayers, it doesn't state the method for praying. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) taught us how to pray.

Now coming to what you have qouted. Surah Isra (17:110); brother the following narrative of explains the verse.

Sahi Al-Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 582:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

(regarding the Verse):-- 'Neither say your prayer aloud, nor say it in a low tone.' (17.110) This Verse was revealed while Allah's Apostle was hiding himself in Mecca, and when he raised his voice while reciting the Qur'an, the pagans would hear him and abuse the Qur'an and its Revealer and to the one who brought it. So Allah said:--

'Neither say your prayer aloud, nor say it in a low tone.' (17.110) That is, 'Do not say your prayer so loudly that the pagans can hear you, nor say it in such a low tone that your companions do not hear you.' But seek a middle course between those (extremes), i.e., let your companions hear, but do not relate the Qur'an loudly, so that they may learn it from you.

Regarding the recitation in the prayers the following narratives explains it.

Sahi Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 726:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abi Qatada:

My father said, "The Prophet in Zuhr prayers used to recite Al-Fatiha along with two other Suras in the first two Rakat: a long one in the first Rak'a and a shorter (Sura) in the second, and at times the verses were audible. In the 'Asr prayer the Prophet used to recite Al-Fatiha and two more Suras in the first two Rakat and used to prolong the first Rak'a. And he used to prolong the first Rak'a of the Fajr prayer and shorten the second. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sahi Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 730:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

(My mother) Umu-l-Fadl heard me reciting "Wal Mursalati 'Urfan" (77) and said, "O my son! By Allah, your recitation made me remember that it was the last Sura I heard from Allah's Apostle. He recited it in the Maghrib prayer. "

Sahi Al-Bukhari
Volume 1, Book 12, Number 734:

Narrated Al-Bara:

The Prophet was on a journey and recited in one of the first two Rakat of the 'Isha' prayer "Wat-tini waz-zaituni." (95)

Edited by: shah_625 on Friday, May 29, 2009 3:25 PM
avi2009

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, June 3, 2009  -  10:39 AM Reply with quote
Why is there a difference? It's because you didn't do your homework right. Firstly the quran only speaks about Muslims enjoining prayers, it doesn't state the method for praying. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) taught us how to pray.

Now coming to what you have qouted. Surah Isra (17:110); brother the following narrative of explains the verse.

Sahi Al-Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 582:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply:- Sorry for delay.

Actually brother I did lot of homework, but it seems to me that you did not think even.

Brother, could you please tell me what is the definition of Method of Salat Prayer? Do you think that ‘what Tone(moderate or silent) should be used in recitation of Salat Prayer’ does not fall under the methodology of prayer? I think IT is and this is told in 17:110 and we must maintain this.

In support of your logic you cited a hadis of Shahi Bhukhari, which says:

This Verse was revealed while Allah's Apostle was hiding himself in Mecca, and when he raised his voice while reciting the Qur'an, the pagans would hear him and abuse the Qur'an and its Revealer and to the one who brought it. So Allah said:--

'Neither say your prayer aloud, nor say it in a low tone.' (17.110) That is, 'Do not say your prayer so loudly that the pagans can hear you, nor say it in such a low tone that your companions do not hear you.' But seek a middle course between those (extremes), i.e., let your companions hear, but do not relate the Qur'an loudly, so that they may learn it from you.

So according to your cited hadis Prophet(pbuh) recited salat prayer in moderate tone (neither loudly nor silently).

Brother, I also believed that prophet(pbuh) had recited his salat prayer in moderate tone & I maintain this. This is not the matter of any question. My question was then Why(big) muslims( including you, if you think you are a muslim) all over the world recite their Juhr and Asr prayer and last rakah of Maghrib and 3rd & 4th rakah of Isha prayer maintaining complete Silence??? In whose fear they do this?? Has any pagan present right now brother???

If prophet(pbuh) could recite his salat prayer maintaining middle course tone(moderate tone) in spite of remaining adverse object(Pagans) at that time, then Why you people can’t do that/show courage to do that now??? What type of Obedience to Prophet is it???

I can pose various questions against this hadis and your logic. But hope this is sufficient for the thinkers.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, June 3, 2009  -  3:37 PM Reply with quote
quote:

...........If prophet(pbuh) could recite his salat prayer maintaining middle course tone(moderate tone) in spite of remaining adverse object(Pagans) at that time, then Why you people can’t do that/show courage to do that now??? What type of Obedience to Prophet is it???........
Obedience to the Porphet is in obeying his command.

This means you need not waste your time and energy to formulate newer methods to 'display your courage'

Allaah, Mighty and Sublime, says:

"Follow (O men!) the revelation given to you from your Lord, and follow not, as friends and protectors, other than Him. Little is it you remember of admonition."[al-A'raaf, 7:3]

He also says:

"Then let those beware who withstand the Messenger's order, lest some trial befall them or a grievous penalty be inflicted on them."[an-Noor, 24:63]

Therefore it is obligatory on anyone who hears of a command of the Messenger of Allaah(sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) or knows it, to explain it to the Ummah, advise them sincerely, and order them to follow his command, even if it contradicts the opinion of someone great.

Imaam Abu Haneefah Nu'maan ibn Thaabit (rahimahullaah), whose companions have narrated from him various sayings and diverse warnings, all of them leading to one thing: the obligation to accept the Hadeeth, and to give up following the opinions of the imaams which contradict it:

1. "When a hadeeth is found to be saheeh, then that is my madhhab."[Ibn 'Aabideen in al-Haashiyah (1/63), and in his essay Rasm al-Mufti (1/4 from the Compilation of the Essays of Ibn 'Aabideen), Shaikh Saalih al-Fulaani in Eeqaaz al-Himam (p. 62) & other

2. "It is not permitted[Ar.: halaal] for anyone to accept our views if they do not know from where we got them."[Ibn 'Abdul Barr in Al-Intiqaa' fi Fadaa'il ath-Thalaathah al- A'immah al-Fuqahaa' (p. 145),]

In one narration, "It is prohibited[Ar.: haraam] for someone who does not know my evidence to give verdicts[Ar.: fatwaa] on the basis of my words."
Another narration adds, "... for we are mortals: we say one thing one day, and take it back the next day."
In another narration, "Woe to you, O Ya'qub[.e. Imaam Abu Haneefah's illustrious student, Abu Yoosuf (rahimahullaah).]! Do not write down everything you hear from me, for it happens that I hold one opinion today and reject it tomorrow, or hold one opinion tomorrow and reject it the day after tomorrow."[This was because the Imaam would often base his view on Qiyaas (Analogy), after which a more potent analogy would occur to him, or a hadeeth of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would reach him, so he would accept that and ignore his previous view.]

3. "When I say something contradicting the Book of Allaah the Exalted or what is narrated from the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), then ignore my saying."[Al-Fulaani in Eeqaaz al-Himam (p. 50),]

Allah the Exalted says: (translation of the meanings)

"... And conjecture is of no use against the truth"[an-Najm, 53:28]

and the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, Beware of suspicion, for truly, suspicion is the most false of speech.[Bukhaari & Muslim].

Therefore, we cannot worship by acting according to inauthentic ahaadeeth; in fact, the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) forbade us from this saying, Keep away from saying things about me, except what you know[Saheeh - collected by Tirmidhi, Ahmad & Ibn Abi Shaibah]; since he has forbidden us from relating weak narrations, it goes without saying that it is forbidden to act according to them.

Regarding Salat the Prophet has commanded,
"Pray as you have seen me praying."

Please visit "The Prophet's Prayer Described" at the following URL:

http://www.qss.org/articles/salah/toc.html
StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, June 4, 2009  -  7:21 AM Reply with quote
Apparently these directions about reciting in a 'medium pitch' or 'middle course' have been used to mention the prayer in the solitude of night.(Tahajjud)

In the Solitude of Night

Besides the five prayers during the day and night times, there was another prayer which was obligatory for the Prophet (sws). It is called "the night prayer" or the tahajjud prayer. In the seventy ninth verse of Surah Bani Isra'il, this obligatory nature of the prayer for the Prophet (sws) is mentioned by the words نَافِلَةً لَكَ . Then in Surah Muzzammil it is further stated that when the Prophet (sws) was asked to deliver open warning to his people, he was specially directed to be diligent in this prayer. The Qur'an says:

يَا أَيُّهَا الْمُزَّمِّلُ قُمِ اللَّيْلَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا نِصْفَهُ أَوِ انقُصْ مِنْهُ قَلِيلًا أَوْ زِدْ عَلَيْهِ وَرَتِّلِ الْقُرْآنَ تَرْتِيلًا إِنَّا سَنُلْقِي عَلَيْكَ قَوْلًا ثَقِيلًا إِنَّ نَاشِئَةَ اللَّيْلِ هِيَ أَشَدُّ وَطْءًا وَأَقْوَمُ قِيلًا إِنَّ لَكَ فِي اَلنَّهَارِ سَبْحًا طَوِيلًا وَاذْكُرِ اسْمَ رَبِّكَ وَتَبَتَّلْ إِلَيْهِ تَبْتِيلًا (٧٣: ١-٨)

O you enfolded in your shawl! stand [in prayer] by night, but not all night. Half the night, or even less or a little more and [in this prayer of yours] recite the Qur'an in a slow measured tone. Because soon We shall lay on you the burden of a heavy word [the burden of open warning]. Verily, this rising by night is very suitable for the mind's peace and the heart's resolve and for the speech's correctness. Because during the daytime you will be hard-pressed with [this task; so pray at this time], and remember the name of your Lord, and [in this loneliness of the night] devote yourself entirely to Him. (73:1-8)

For common Muslims, this is an optional prayer and it is a great blessing for them if in following the Prophet (sws) they offer this prayer. It has been narrated that he would at most offer eleven rak'at in this prayer and would stand, kneel and prostrate for great lengths of time in it. Indeed some narratives do mention thirteen rak'at but two of them are the optional rak'at. Since the tahajjud prayer was obligatory on the Prophet (sws), he prayed two optional rak'at before them much like the optional rak'at Muslims pray before or after the obligatory part of their prayer. This status of the optional rak'at was not properly understood by people and they counted it among the rak'at of the tahajjud prayer.138 In this regard, the narrative which holds primary importance is the following:

عن أبي سلمة بن عبد الرحمن أنه سأل عائشة رضي الله عنها كيف كانت صلاة رسول الله في رمضان فقالت ما كان يزيد في رمضان ولا في غيره على إحدى عشرة ركعة

Abu Salamah, the son of 'Abd al-Rahman narrated that he asked 'A'ishah: "Describe the Prophet's prayer in the Ramadan?" She replied: "Never did the Prophet pray more than eleven rak'at either in ramadan or in any other month."139

As per the verbal or practical corroboration of the Prophet (sws), the various ways in which this prayer was offered are the following:

1. After offering two rak'at, the prayer should be ended with the salam and then one more rak'at should be offered as witr.140

2. After praying two, four or six rak'at in groups of two rak'at the prayer should be ended with the salam, and then five rak'at should be offered in a manner that one does qa'dah in the last rak'at only.141

3. After praying four rak'at or eight rak'at in groups of four rak'at, three rak'at should be offered in a manner that one does qa'dah only in the last rak'at.142

4. After praying two, four, six or eight rak'at in groups of two without the qa'dah, which should be done in the last rak'at, one rak'at should be offered standing up after the qa'dah without saying the salam and then after the qa'dah the salam should be said.143

It is evident from the narratives that initially in this prayer, the Qur'an was at times recited loudly and at times silently. Later, the Almighty directed the Prophet (sws) to recite it in a medium pitch:

وَلاَ تَجْهَرْ بِصَلاَتِكَ وَلاَ تُخَافِتْ بِهَا وَابْتَغِ بَيْنَ ذَلِكَ سَبِيلاً (١١٠:١٧)

And pray neither with too loud a voice nor in a soft one, but, between these extremes, seek a middle course. (17:110)

Consequently, the Prophet (sws) also directed his Companions (rta) to recite in this way. Abu Qatadah narrates that the Prophet told Abu Bakr (rta): "When I passed by you, you were reciting the Qur'an in a low pitch [in the night prayer]." He replied: "I recite it to Him Who hears [even my] whispers." The Prophet continued: "Raise your pitch a little." Then he told 'Umar (rta): "When I passed by you, you were reciting the Qur'an in a very loud pitch." He replied: "I awake those who sleep, and make Satan run away." The Prophet said: "Lower your pitch a little."144

It is evident from Surah Bani Isra'il and Surah Muzzammil, the real time of this prayer is when one gets up at night, and for this reason it is called tahajjud. The Qur'an says that this is the time when one is in the presence of the Almighty. The Prophet (sws) has said: "Every night, the Almighty directs His attention upon our world. When one-third night remains, He says: 'Who is there at this moment to call me so that I can respond to his call; who is it that can ask from Me so that I give him; who is it that seeks mercy that I forgive him.'"145

However, if a person is not able to reap the blessings of this prayer, he can offer this prayer before going to sleep. This inference is also evident from the verses of Surah Muzzammil which mention a reduction of the amount of the prayer in the following words:
For details check:
http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/content.aspx?id=5
avi2009

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, June 4, 2009  -  12:33 PM Reply with quote
I again ask this question:-

If prophet(pbuh) could recite his salat prayer maintaining middle course tone(moderate tone) in spite of remaining adverse object(Pagans) at that time, then Why you people can’t do that or do not show courage to do that now??? What type of Obedience to Prophet is it???

You could not reply to my above question clearly. However………………
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Follow (O men!) the revelation given to you from your Lord, and follow not, as friends and protectors, other than Him. Little is it you remember of admonition."[al-A'raaf, 7:3]

* 17:110 is also a revelation. Then why do you hesitate to follow this revelation?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When I say something contradicting the Book of Allaah the Exalted or what is narrated from the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), then ignore my saying."[Al-Fulaani in Eeqaaz al-Himam (p. 50),]

* 17:110 says us to recite our salat prayer maintaining moderate tone and hadis say some prayers/parts of prayers should be recited maintaining moderate tone and some are silently, that means hadis are contradicting the Book of Allah. Then why do you follow the hadis rejecting the commandment of Almighty Allah?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allah the Exalted says: (translation of the meanings)

"... And conjecture is of no use against the truth"[an-Najm, 53:28]

* Do you Not think that hadis books are conjecture and full of contradiction??

Hadis were from men and full of contradiction. [4:82]

Indeed, the hadis books are full of contradictions, even some insulted the Prophet. Some examples for you;

In Bukhary's Sahih, Vol. 3, and in Moslem Vol. 7 the Hadith of Aysha, the prophet's wife, that the prophet was lying down with Aysha when his other wives sent Fatima first, then one of his wives to ask him for a matter of their business, so Aysha and the other wife get in argument and cursed each other so the prophet sided with Aysha and smiled and approved Aysha's revenge from his other wife.

The story is naive and insignificant but meant to place Aysha above all the other wives and completely showing the Prophet as careless man who was not shy from receiving people, even his daughter while in bed with his wife in a compromised position. He was shown in this fabricated SAHIH Hadith to disobey the Quran and being unfair to all his wives as God commands in the Quran.

Bukhary's Sahih, vol. 2, narrates the hadith about Muhammed occasionally losing his concentration until he does not know how many Rakaat he prayed. What kind of message did Bukhary want to give to the people with such Hadith.

Sahih Bukhary 97/24, 10/129 and comment on verse 68:42

"On the day of Judgment, God will open His leg and show His thigh to the Prophet."

"God will show His leg to the believers and they will fall prostrate."

Remember what God said about Himself in the Quran. in 42:11, and 6:103. Also remember what God told Moses when Moses asked God if he can look at Him (God) .

Bhukari said that Prophet Muhammad- A tyrant

[Saheeh Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 19: Narrated Aisha(The wife of the Prophet)] Allah's Apostle died while Abu Bakr was at a place called As-Sunah (Al-'Aliya) 'Umar stood up and said, "By Allah! Allah's Apostle is not dead!" 'Umar (later on) said, "By Allah! Nothing occurred to my mind except that." He said, "Verily! Allah will resurrect him and he will cut the hands and legs of some men.

Bhukari said that Prophet Muhammad- anti-women?

[Saheeh Bukhari 76/53] "Bad omen is in the WOMEN, the horse, and the home."
[Sunan Abu Dawood Book 29, Number 3911: Narrated Sa'd ibn Malik]
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no hamah, no infection and no evil omen; if there is in anything an evil omen, it is a house, a horse, and a woman.
[Saheeh Bukhari Narrated by Omran Ibn Hussein] "I looked at Heaven and found that the majority of its dwellers are the poor, and I looked at Hell and fond the majority of its dwellers are the WOMEN."
[Saheeh Bukhari 8/102 and Hanbel 4/86]
"If a monkey, a black dog or a WOMAN passes in front of a praying person, his prayer is nullified."
[Saheeh Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 547: Narrated Abu Huraira]
The Prophet said, "But for the Israelis, meat would not decay and but for Eve, wives would never betray their husbands."

and many more ……………………… Don’t be angry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More…………..

The farewell Pilgrimage of the Prophet Muhammed is a corner stone in the Muslim history. The Final Sermon given by the Prophet during this pilgrimage was witnessed by thousands of Muslims. There are however THREE versions of this sermon in the Hadiths books. This by itself reflects the degree of corruption of the Hadiths books as this is the most witnessed speech of the prophet Muhammed.

1- First version, " I left for you what if you hold up to, you will never be misguided, the book of God and my Family. Muslim 44/4, Nu2408; Ibn Hanbal

4/366; darimi 23/1, nu 3319.

This is the version made up by the Shiite Muslims.

2-Second version, "I left for you what if you hold up to, you will never be misguided, the book of God and my Sunnah" . Muwatta, 46/3

This is the version made up by the Sunni Muslims.

3- Third version, "I left for you what if you hold up to, you will never be misguided, the BOOK OF GOD." Muslim 15/19, nu 1218; Ibn Majah 25/84, Abu dawud 11/56.

* Which version do you think is Right and why or on what basis?

The Qur'an tells us that at chapter 25, Al-Furqaan, verse 30 which states that, on the Day of Judgment, the Messenger will say 'My Lord, my people have abandoned this Qur'an.'"

For Student Affairs:……….

The meaning of Tahajjud is Meditation, not Salat.

The verses 73:1-8 say about Meditation. Moreover nowhere in the quran it is said that the rulings of 17:110 is for Tahajjud.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, June 4, 2009  -  2:57 PM Reply with quote
You are quoting the verses of Quran out of their context, you need to read Quran with good Tafseer to understand the context of verses. We are all well aware that Hadith books contain many contradictions, historical errors and scientific blunders. Hadiths are only a historical record of Prophet's times, written by fallible humans, it can never take precedence over Quran. Our actions have to be in line with the teachings of Quran and they are!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, June 5, 2009  -  6:34 AM Reply with quote
also as described in the above ref. from renaissance journal, the relevant verse has been explaind by the prophet sws in the following hadith, explaining it's context.
Abu Da'ud, No: 1329; Tirmadhi, No: 447.

read the section again:

"It is evident from the narratives that initially in this (tahajjud/the prayer of solitude) prayer, the Qur'an was at times recited loudly and at times silently. Later, the Almighty directed the Prophet (sws) to recite it in a medium pitch:

وَلاَ تَجْهَرْ بِصَلاَتِكَ وَلاَ تُخَافِتْ بِهَا وَابْتَغِ بَيْنَ ذَلِكَ سَبِيلاً (١١٠:١٧)

And pray neither with too loud a voice nor in a soft one, but, between these extremes, seek a middle course. (17:110)

Consequently, the Prophet (sws) also directed his Companions (rta) to recite in this way. Abu Qatadah narrates that the Prophet told Abu Bakr (rta): "When I passed by you, you were reciting the Qur'an in a low pitch [in the night prayer]." He replied: "I recite it to Him Who hears [even my] whispers." The Prophet continued: "Raise your pitch a little." Then he told 'Umar (rta): "When I passed by you, you were reciting the Qur'an in a very loud pitch." He replied: "I awake those who sleep, and make Satan run away." The Prophet said: "Lower your pitch a little."

Abu Da'ud, No: 1329; Tirmadhi, No: 447.
avi2009

INDIA
Posted - Friday, June 5, 2009  -  7:20 AM Reply with quote
Dear lofty,

You are quoting the verses of Quran out of their context,
------------------------------------------------------------------
* Regarding which verses of Quran did you point out here?? 73:1-8 do not say about any salat prayer. I again say Tahajjud is not any salat. It is meditation. The only word that Quran mentions for Salat is SALAT e.g. Salat Al-Fajr (Dawn Prayer)24:58, Salat Al-Esha (Night Prayer)24:58, Al-Salat Al-Wusta (The Middle Prayer) 2:238 etc..etc…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are all well aware that Hadith books contain many contradictions, historical errors and scientific blunders. Hadiths are only a historical record of Prophet's times, written by fallible humans, it can never take precedence over Quran.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Then it can be expected that you offer your daily Salat maintaining Audible/Moderate tone as per rulings of 17:110 as you accepted that hadis can never take precedence over Quran. May I right??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our actions have to be in line with the teachings of Quran and they are!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* IF YOU offer your regular salat maintaining mixed tones(sometimes silent & sometimes moderate) as per various hadis completely ignoring the Quranic commandments in 17:110, then could you please tell me what kind of action it is, which you think, in line with the teachings of Quran??? Could you please show me that Line??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear hkhan,

Brother, I don’t need any hadis to understand the simple meanings of 17:110. This verse simply says that we should recite our Salat prayer with Moderate/audible tone…………...

Also I think that hadis are not the explanation of Quran. I gave some examples through my previous post, how hadis misguide us. As example Sahih Bukhary 97/24, 10/129, Saheeh Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 19, Saheeh Bukhari 76/53, Saheeh Bukhari 8/102 and Hanbel 4/86…………….

Avi

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker