1 2 3 4 5
Next page >>
Page 2 of 5

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 8, 2006  -  11:41 PM Reply with quote
thank you all for the lovely smiles and keep sending. did you look at the recent joke posted abt beard which was recvd from a member with thnx

as for music ps

"Strictly following these acknowledged principles of research, we have attempted to conduct a thorough inquiry to find out the Islamic stance on music. Our study led us to believe that the Holy Qur’an does not have any direct or indirect, explicit or implicit directive that can evidence the prohibition of music. Likewise, the list of Sunan (i.e. practices established by the Holy Prophet (sws) as part of the religion) also does not offer any basis for the assumed prohibition of music in Islam. The H~adith literature contains many Sahih1 and Hasan2 narratives ascribed to the Holy Prophet (sws), which allude to the allowance of music. However, some narratives depict it as a prohibited activity, but scholars of the science of H~adith have declared most such narratives Da‘if3. Furthermore, a close examination of the narratives that are presented as basis for the prohibition of music show that it is only the involvement of drinking, nudity, and other moral depravity that renders the entire event forbidden.

It is commonly believed that the Islamic Shari‘ah prohibits music and musical instruments altogether. However, we understand that this view cannot be substantiated from the basic sources of religious knowledge in Islam. Only the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah have the sole authority to render something allowed or forbidden. Nothing can be added or deducted from the list of the allowed and forbidden articles of the Shari‘ah.

In order to identify the Shari‘ah directives regarding a certain matter, Muslim scholarship has generally sought the two authentic sources: the Qur’an and Sunnah. An inquiry into the H~adith literature ascribed to the Holy Prophet (sws) follows this. If the issue is addressed in these narratives, they are also to be benefited from in the light of the established principles of sense and reason, and religious knowledge. The previous Divine scriptures are also resorted to when necessary. Opinions ascribed to the companions, exegetical works, H~adith and Fiqh are also consulted in such analytical study."

for details ps link

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/Marrefl2y5.htm

As for the ruling re: beard ps our course offered Islamic Customs and Etiquettes and its discussion forum.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 9, 2006  -  3:49 AM Reply with quote
Wa 'Alaikumu-ssalaam! I'm so sorry about your uncle, dear sweet16. I'll pray for him, we'll all pray for him. He'll be ok (Insha'Allah!)
Sweet16

USA
Posted - Sunday, July 9, 2006  -  5:03 AM Reply with quote
Asalaam Alaikum and Jazak'Allahu Khairan for your dua'as sister Nida as they are very much needed always and forever. I pray for everyone too, may we all be able to prepare ourselves for the inevitable event, Insh'Allah.Take care.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, July 9, 2006  -  8:36 AM Reply with quote
thnx nida e khair for noticing the request for dua' and extremely sorry sweet 16 for missing it. our heartiest prayers remain with your uncle. amen
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 10, 2006  -  2:54 PM Reply with quote
Please inform us when your uncle gets better sweet16.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Monday, July 10, 2006  -  6:22 PM Reply with quote
there is no need of beard in islam
Sweet16

USA
Posted - Monday, July 10, 2006  -  10:29 PM Reply with quote
Asalaam Alaikum,

Jazak'Allahu Khairan for your prayers as I pray for all the sick brothers and sisters as well. Certaintly whatever Allah (SWT) will do, He will do it for their best, Ameen. Right now he is in a hospital of Karachi, Pakistan and is in very much pain. He has even stopped speaking to his daughters and only utters Allah's name sometimes. There comes a time when we have to start praying for our loved ones' easiness in their last days rather than their quick recovery. I just pray his family gets the best of sabr and may it be the same for all whose beloved are experiencing severe illness. Your dua'as have made me very hopeful and I thank you all for that...:)
Fi'Aman'Allah
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 11, 2006  -  10:28 AM Reply with quote
You're right sweet16, whatever Allah will do, He'll do it for the best. I too pray that your uncle's family gets sabr. May Allah enlighten your family's life with His guidance! Aameen!

Reply to Zulfee: We know beards are not required by the Shari'ah, but they are part of a man's nature and it is good to keep them.
Sweet16

USA
Posted - Tuesday, July 11, 2006  -  9:40 PM Reply with quote
Salaam alaikum,
Jazak'allahu Sis.Nida, I am continuously praying for not only my uncle and his family but everyone including your cousin. As for the beard discussion, isn't the Hadeeth in which Prophet Muhammad (SAW) mentions that if one is not from his Sunnah then he/she is not of his ummat? Can anyone please clarify that. Jazak'allah.
Fi'Aman'Allah
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 12, 2006  -  7:29 AM Reply with quote
Well The Above Hadith is right, I think, But STILL it doesn't Apply to beard as it Doesn't Fall in the category of Sunnah in Islam. Nida e Khair is Right in this regard.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 12, 2006  -  10:50 AM Reply with quote
Wa 'Alaikumu-ssalaam Sweet16! I think this Q&A below which I've taken from understanding-islam.org will help you in understanding that keeping the beard is not a directive of the Shari'ah:

Title:
The Narratives Ascribed to the Prophet (pbuh) Regarding Beard

Question/Comments:
In your reply to “Wearing Beards” can you note the example Hadith etc. that you referred to in your statement:
There are however, a few narratives of the Prophet (pbuh) in this regard. The directives in these narratives refer to particular and specific contexts. For instance, if the Prophet (pbuh) saw some deviancies in this nature of man or where a particular style of beard was wrongly held to be divinely ordained, the Prophet (pbuh) gave the ascribed remarks to correct the concept. It is primarily in such contexts that the Prophet (pbuh) gave the ascribed directives regarding beard.

Answer:
According to Tabari, also recorded by Abu Zuhra in his biography of the Prophet (pbuh) "Khaatam al-Nabiyyeen" [1] , when Bazaam (the deputy of Kisraa in Yemen) sent two of his messengers to the Prophet (pbuh) in response to the Prophet (pbuh)'s letter to Kisraa, the Prophet (pbuh) looked at them with disgust, as they had shaved off their beards and had grown big moustaches[2] . Thus, the Prophet (pbuh) asked these messengers what had prompted them to such appearance, to which they responded that it was according to the directives of their Lord (the king). The Prophet (pbuh) in return said that my Lord (God) has ordained growing the beard and trimming the moustaches.
It should be remembered that all that is according to the nature of man is actually a commandment of God. The Qur'an has also referred to actions that are in conformity with the nature of man as actions in conformity with God's directives. In the above-mentioned incident, the Prophet (pbuh)'s disgust toward shaving off the beard is a clear evidence of the fact that he considered growing of the beard to be in conformity with man's physical nature, rather than a directive of the Shari`ah. Had it been a directive of the Islamic Shari`ah, the Prophet (pbuh) would not have shown disgust toward these people for showing disregard toward a directive of the Shari`ah, for they were yet not even aware of the basics of the Shari`ah.
According to another narrative of an incident, as reported in Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal[3] , Abu Umaamah (RA) reports that once the Prophet (pbuh) came upon a group of old people of the Ansaar with beards that were completely white. He said to them: 'O people of the Ansaar, dye your beards red or yellow[4] and (thus) be different from the people of the Book. [Abu Umaamaah says:] I asked: 'O Prophet, the people of the Book wear [clothes like] pants and avoid wrapping the loincloth, [what should we do?]'. The Prophet (pbuh) said: 'You should wear [clothes like] pants as well as wrap the loincloth and [thus] be different from the people of the Book'. I asked: 'O Prophet, the people of the Book walk bare feet and avoid wearing shoes, [what should we do?]'. The Prophet (pbuh) said: You should walk bare foot as well as wear shoes, and [thus] be different from the people of the Book'. Then we asked: 'O Prophet, the people of the Book keep their beards closely trimmed and let their moustaches grow long, [what should we do?]'. The Prophet said: 'You should trim your moustaches and let your beards grow and [thus] be different from the people of the Book'.
In this narrative, it seems quite clear that the Jews of the time had added many things to their Shari`ah on their own - as bid`ah in God's Shari`ah. The Prophet (pbuh) in this narrative is reported to have directed the Muslims to show their differences with the Jews in all those aspects which they had added to their Shari`ah. One such aspect was to trim the beard and to let the moustaches grow. As this was not only an unauthorized addition to God's Shari`ah but also made one look arrogant and profligate, the Prophet (pbuh) directed his followers to disregard such self-made Shari`ah of the Jews and to do exactly the opposite of what they were used to doing.

15th February 2000

[1] Vol. 3, Pg 862 - 863.
[2] It should be remembered that in almost all the eastern cultures, big moustaches have generally been considered a symbol of an arrogant and a profligate personality and shaving of the beard, as has been mentioned in our referred response, were considered to be against the nature of man.
[3] Narrative No. 21252
[4] These were normally the colors used for dying in the Arab culture. The Prophet (pbuh) did not like dying one's beard or hair with black color as that could imply giving a wrong impression about one's age.

I hope this helps Insha'Allah.

And by the way sweet16, you said you were praying for my cousin---I didn't get what you meant...how do you know him?
Sweet16

USA
Posted - Thursday, July 13, 2006  -  12:41 AM Reply with quote
Asalaam Alaikum,

Jazak'Allah Sis. Nida for further explanation and also Ibrahim uncle for correcting me. From what I recall, that hadeeth was regarding marriage, right? Also, sorry Sis. Nida I actually meant to say this to another girl I know from this other online Islamic group I'm affiliated with and her cousin is suffering from a brain tumour so I request to please pray for her as well. If permitted then I'd like to discuss something similar yet different here, as I was talking to the youngest daughter of my sick uncle a few days ago online she asked me that if our destinies have been written then what is the point of making duaas? I did not know how to answer her back but she sounded hopeless from everything, life & religion so in order make sure she does not become weak in faith I looked through the notes I took from this Islamic classes I attented and from according to the notes I answered her by saying that it's true that our destiny has been decided but the destinies of righteous people could be changed if they do good and supplicate with sincerity to Allah (SWT). Having little knowledge as of yet, that is how I replied to her. However, I'm not satisfied and find this question to be thought-provoking so can anyone please throw some light upon this question?
Jazak'Allah & Fi'Aman'Allah
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 13, 2006  -  2:43 AM Reply with quote
Wa 'Alaikumu-ssalaam Sweet16! I'm sorry, I can't understand which Hadeeth you're referring to that regards marriage. If you would only tell me the Hadeeth you're referring to, I'll try to clear your doubts in the best manner possible Insha'Allah.
You wrote:
..I'm not satisfied and find this question to be thought-provoking...

My question to you: Are you unsatisfied regarding the Hadeeth that you are doubtful about or regarding the whole Q&A in general?
If it's regarding the whole Q&A, then please go to the following:
http://www.understanding-islam.org/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=708&sscatid=503

Sweet16, whatever girl you're referring to, may Allah bestow sabr on her and may He cure her cousin really soon! Aameen. Actually when you wrote that you were praying for my cousin, I thought you were psychic or something, because, guess what? I DO have a cousin who is in need of your prayers. He's suffering from thyroid. He's in Singapore with his family right now with the hope that his disease will get treated there. Please do pray for him too. May Allah grant all of us physical as well as spiritual health. Aameen.
Jazaak 'Allah.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Thursday, July 13, 2006  -  6:22 PM Reply with quote
hkhan,

hkhan said: It is commonly believed that the Islamic Shari‘ah prohibits music and musical instruments altogether. However, we understand that this view cannot be substantiated from the basic sources of religious knowledge in Islam. Only the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah have the sole authority to render something allowed or forbidden. Nothing can be added or deducted from the list of the allowed and forbidden articles of the Shari‘ah.

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

OF COURSE, MUSIC IS AN EVIL. Noble Quran forbids every evil. hadith are of no value. On the other hand, in Islam there is no place of prostitutes-ism, which you are promoting. If you don’t believe in Quran and accept your own whim or some other sources, you are then surely a Mushrik and surely an idol worshiper and the place of such people like you is surely the hell fire.
The music listeners also worship their lust.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Thursday, July 13, 2006  -  6:22 PM Reply with quote
hkhan,

hkhan said: It is commonly believed that the Islamic Shari‘ah prohibits music and musical instruments altogether. However, we understand that this view cannot be substantiated from the basic sources of religious knowledge in Islam. Only the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah have the sole authority to render something allowed or forbidden. Nothing can be added or deducted from the list of the allowed and forbidden articles of the Shari‘ah.

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

OF COURSE, MUSIC IS AN EVIL. Noble Quran forbids every evil. hadith are of no value. On the other hand, in Islam there is no place of prostitutes-ism, which you are promoting. If you don’t believe in Quran and accept your own whim or some other sources, you are then surely a Mushrik and surely an idol worshiper and the place of such people like you is surely the hell fire.
The music listeners also worship their lust.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 13, 2006  -  7:12 PM Reply with quote
Assalaamu 'Alaikum Zulfee! May Allah guide you! Our dear brother Junaid Hasan has requested us that we don't get bothered by your comments; in other words, we ignore you. And I 100% agree with him. If I want, I can give a reply to prove you wrong AGAIN. But I won't. The reason's stated above.
I wish to ignore you and your side-kicks like Samsher. May Allah guide all of you! My sincere prayers to you.

Yarhamakallah!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5
Next page >>
Page 2 of 5

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker