Next page >>
Page 3 of 5

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Sweet16

USA
Posted - Thursday, July 13, 2006  -  9:27 PM Reply with quote
Asalaam Alaikum Sister Nida,
I pray for your cousin, may he have a successful treatment Insh'Allah. I was refering to the question my cousin asked: If our destiny has been decided then what is the point of making duaas?
How would any of you answer thatAlso, Sister Nida that website you posted is really informative and I am using it to find answers to many other things I was curious about so Jazaks for that too Take care of yourself.
Fi'Aman'Allah
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 14, 2006  -  3:52 AM Reply with quote
Dear sweet16, Wa 'Alaikumu-ssalaam.
Jakaakallah for praying for my cousin.
Also, I'm glad that the websit is benefitting you.
As for your question, I thank you for asking it. I love it when people ask questions about Islam, because of the reward that answering them brings. You just gave me a chance to clear your doubt. You have no idea how much I'll be rewarded for clearing it (Insha'Allah).
Sister, Allah says in the Holy Qur'an: "Each soul gets what it strives for." That means that we have to strive as much as we can, and leave the rest to Allah by praying to Him. Suppose a person, who wants to give an exam, goes to a fortune-teller to know whether he'll pass the exam. The fortune-teller tells him that he'll not pass the exam. The person therefore loses all hope and does not study. As a result of not studying, he fails the exam. If he hadn't listened to the fortune-teller, he would've passed the exam. Therefore we are not aware of what our destinies will bring, and that's where the test lies. However, there are four things which we cannot change no matter how much we strive. Volume 8, Book 77, Number 594:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Allah puts an angel in charge of the uterus and the angel says, 'O Lord, (it is) semen! O Lord, (it is now ) a clot! O Lord, (it is now) a piece of flesh.' And then, if Allah wishes to complete its creation, the angel asks, 'O Lord, (will it be) a male or a female? A wretched (an evil doer) or a blessed (doer of good)? How much will his provisions be? What will his age be?' So all that is written while the creature is still in the mother's womb." These things are fixed and we cannot change them. Another Hadeeth says that a man will do the deeds which he has been created to do, i.e. he'll be destined to do those deeds. His success depends upon the amount of strife. He only has to strive and leave the rest to Allah.
And it must be remembered that Allah only knows the RESULTS of a man's strife. He does not fix those results, otherwise a person would keep on striving with all his might but would get nothing if his destiny was fixed to be bad. That would be unfair, and we know that Allah is the most fair. I'll give you an example. Suppose a student has to give an exam. Even before taking the exam, the teacher of that student tells him that he'll pass with flying colours. How? Because she knows her student very well. She knows that he's hard-working. But does that mean that the student stops seeking help from the teacher? If the student did that, he'd fail. The teacher only predicts/knows that her student will pass. She does not guarantee it. If she were to gaurantee the student's success, then what would be the point of a test/exam? Similarly, Allah also knows what a person's future will be. He does not guarantee any such thing. If He were to tell everyone what his future has in store for him, then why would there be the need of a test in this world. So Allah only knows the results of a person's strife. It does not mean that a person should stop praying for himself, thinking that his future is ordained. Allah has given us an intellect, and He wants us to use it. Then He'll give us the rewards that we deserve.
I hope I've clarified the issue (Maashaa'Allah). If you still have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Jazaak Allah wassalaamu 'alaikum.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Friday, July 14, 2006  -  3:36 PM Reply with quote
Nida e khair,

I also do the same pray for you, which you really deserve more!!
May we see you in the paradise! May God not make you the fuel of the Hell fire!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, July 17, 2006  -  12:47 AM Reply with quote
good gosh. i hope you all are still smiling it is hot everywhere in the world but coolness can be found within sometimes
smile please ; on this forum

wassala'm(peace)
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, July 19, 2006  -  1:20 PM Reply with quote
Question: What is the height of globalization?

Answer: Princess Diana's death

Question: How come?

Answer: An English princess with an Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a French
tunnel, driving a German car with a Dutch engine, driven by a Belgian who
was high on Scottish whiskey, followed closely by Italian Paparazzi, on
Japanese motorcycles, treated by an American doctor, using Brazilian
medicines! And this is sent to you by an Indian, using Bill Gates'
technology which he stole from the Japanese. And you are probably reading
this on one of the IBM clones that use Philippine-made chips, and Korean
made monitors, assembled by Bangladeshi workers in a Singapore plant,
transported by lorries driven by Malaysians, hijacked by Indonesians and
finally sold to you by a Chinese!

That's Globalization
Sweet16

USA
Posted - Sunday, July 23, 2006  -  3:22 AM Reply with quote
Asalaam Alaikum dear Brothers and Sisters,

I would like to inform you of my uncle's death on the Thursday, the 20th of July. Jazak'Allah for your prayers when he was suffering and now I request you to continue making dua'a for him to receive Jannah, Insh'Allah. He died by proclaiming the Kalimah Shahadah. I am thankful to Allah (SWT) for that and pray that we all receive this position, Ameen. Jazak'Allah for your supplications once again and please pray for his family to obtain sabr as they are very broken by this and I pray the same for everyone who has lost their loved ones.
Fi'Aman'Allah,
Sara.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, July 23, 2006  -  4:17 PM Reply with quote
w'assalam
inna lillah...........

may his soul rest in peace and may Allah grant you all with tremendous patience. everyone plz pray for him and the family.
Sweet16

USA
Posted - Sunday, July 23, 2006  -  8:20 PM Reply with quote
Asalaam Alaikum,
Thank you my dear moderator. Certaintly to Allah (SWT) we belong and to Him is our return, I just pray that we prepare ourselves for that inevitable day, Ameen. Your condolence has played a vital role in giving me sabr nd I hope it does the same to my cousins.
Jazak'Allah
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 24, 2006  -  7:42 AM Reply with quote
Inna Lillahi wa inna Ilaihi Raji'oon

Dear Sara! I'm really Shocked w this death News of ur Loving Uncle though it was on the Cards. May his soul rest in peace and may Allah grant you All & especially ur Uncle's Family with tremendous patience. Amin

We All r w U in this TOUGH moment of Life
ur loving Uncle
Sweet16

USA
Posted - Monday, July 24, 2006  -  8:39 PM Reply with quote
Asalaam Alayukum Ibbi uncle,

I was in disbeleif too, in fact it's still hard to beleive because I promised him that I will come to Pakistan and visit him when he recovers but that didn't happen. But then we get sabr by exactly what u have stated, Ina lillahi Wa innalehi rajeoun. To Allah we belong and to Him is our return. It's just that we were all in some hope that shayad woh theek hojayengey but unki bimari bohut bari thi aur yeh Allah ko manzoor nahi tha and as His slaves we must resign to His will, surely what he does is for our best interest. It's becoming really hard for his family to obtain sabr because he has left behind 3 daughters, 2 of which are married and one who is exactly my age and a son of 11 yrs old and they keep on saying that how are we going to live without our father. But then Allah (SWT) is the one with the answer and the cure, Wallaho Alam. I hope to talk to u soon Ibbi uncle. It's such a trial for us too since my brother was set to get married this week and he is, nothing is being cancelled and no one's heart is willing to celebrate knowing that my khala and my cousins' hearts are still weeping...May Allah (SWT) give us guiadance to walk on the right path and be ready for that inevitable day, Ameen.
Fi'Aman'Allah,
Sara.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  11:52 AM Reply with quote
Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilaihi raaji'oon!
Dearest sweet 16, I got a shock when I read about your uncle's death. My condolences to you and Sara and her family. I know exactly how it feels to lose a father. But don't worry, woh Allah ki amaanat thay, aur Allah ne apni amaanat ko apne paas bulaa liya. May Allah bestow patience and steadfastness on you and your family.
Jazaakallah wassalaamu 'alaikum!
Sweet16

USA
Posted - Wednesday, July 26, 2006  -  10:31 PM Reply with quote
Asalaam Alaykum Sister Nida,

You are absolutely right, hum wakai mein Allah ki imanat hain aur unhi ki paas laut ker jana hai. Bus afsos yeh hai ke insaan kabhi tayyar nahi hotey hain uss din ke liye, ya Allah se yehi dua hai ke He gives us strength and guidance to make ourselves steadfast and prepared for that inevitable day, Allahumma Ameen. During his last breath, my aunt (khala) had the courage to stop her tears and instead start proclaiming the Kalimah Shahadah and eventually my uncle was able to do the same, Alhumdulillah...Sister Nida, how is your cousin doing, the one who went for surgery? I hope he/she recovers soon, Insh'Allah.

Take care all.
Sara
habeebti6

EGYPT
Posted - Wednesday, October 4, 2006  -  12:52 AM Reply with quote
Brothers Grow your beards, Love the Sunnah! I love my husband with his beard, mashallah!
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 4, 2006  -  6:18 AM Reply with quote
That's Good my sister in Islam BUT I'm afraid, Beard is NOT a SUNNAH.
To Know WHAT is a SUNNAH join our Course about it. Jazakillah khairun
Puppy

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, October 4, 2006  -  10:58 AM Reply with quote
Ibrahim. U r wrong. Beard is the sunnah. Had the prophet beard or not?

Edited by: admin on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:47 AM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, October 4, 2006  -  1:33 PM Reply with quote
I would recommend to our members to be respectful to our honored moderators and teachers on this website please. Brother Ibrahim is one of them and is trying to help. We are here to learn about Islam and other faiths in peace and harmony. Nice to hear from you Puppy after a while though.
Please continue sending your smiles which are much needed alway...s

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5
Next page >>
Page 3 of 5

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker