Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, October 12, 2006  -  6:02 PM Reply with quote
Which SCHOLAR to Follow

Edited by: Nida_e_Khair on Saturday, October 14, 2023 7:22 PM
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, October 13, 2006  -  7:19 AM Reply with quote
sister, I can only suggest what I found beneficial for myself.I feel anyone who wnats to learn and improve their knowledge of Islam should be encouraged.You may have a personal preferance for a particular scholar that you appreciate then go for it.

I think when we talk about religion , the basis of our religion is the Qur'an and the SUnnah. We must begin from there. So a tafseer of the Qur'an would be the start. The two that I am familiar with our Tafheem ul Qur'an by maudoodi and Tadabur ul Qur'an by Islahi.

For me the starting point was completeing teh STudying Islam course. which now stretches to 17 modules.

One other Book that I would strongly recommend is Meezan by Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi. It defines the religion in a text book manner and I have found it very helpful.The last thing to suggets is the www.Understanding-Islam.org.web site.You can read question and answers on individual topics or pose questions.

Finally, I would like to repeat, any work or effort in teh path of Allah is a big achievement. What ever you feel comfortable with and who ever you find more compatible with. Remembering that we must be open minded and recognise that no one person can claim to know the entire truth. Prophethood has finished. We must discourage hero worship. We must acknowledge that one eprson may explain some thing betetr whilst another one one may have a better grasp of a different issue.

Learning about Hadith is also very important. However I would like to do it after I have completed the above.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, October 13, 2006  -  5:36 PM Reply with quote
sister, I admire your resolve and desire in the path of religion. I am sure what ever path you will choose, you will achieve your goal.

What we have learnt is to question and deliberate. It is my belief that who seeks the right path with the right intentions, Allah will show him/her.

please remember us all in the month of ramdhan in your prayers.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, October 13, 2006  -  5:43 PM Reply with quote
dear brother Zulfee.It is my humble request that we must be very careful in passing judgments on people. We have a choice to agree or disagree with a point of view. "Allah knows best" is as far as I can go. I know Javaid Ahmad Ghamidi and I feel I learnt to be a muslim after meeting him, he has inspired me to learn what little I know about Islam. I do not expect everyone to agree with him, but he has given his entire life to learning and teaching Islam, we must respect that.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 14, 2006  -  6:31 AM Reply with quote
I quote imam Shafi'es quote.I consider my opinion to be right on the basis of reasoning and facts known to be at this particular time, but am constantly aware that it can be proven wrong at any time by the dicovery of new facts.

I consider any other persons opinion wrong on the basis of the facts and reasoning known to me currently, but am aware that his/her opinion can be proven right based on facts or reasoning in future.

Quoting Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi. "Whenever you enter the field of knowledge, whether religious or worldly knowledge, leave emotions, bious, jealousy at the doorstep, or you will never attain the Truth. In the field of knowledge the only currency is facts and reasoning, not personalities.On a certain issue the views of a person you may not like may carry the most weight compared to someone you like to read.The requirement is to come out of the bious of like or dislike and acertain the substance and reasoning of what the person has said. The other thing is the ability to acknowledge and accept whenever truth is revealed to us IRRESPECTIVE of its source. We claim to be the travellers on the journey of TRUTH. If we are saying this is right because a muslim says so and this is wrong becaue a buddhist or a non muslim says so then we have not grasped the ethos of our religion.If our criteria of judging something is based on personal liking/disliking then again we have not grasped the ethos of the path of the truth. When we undertsand this ethos,it becomes almost impossible to criticise anyone. All one can say in reply is , My opinion on this matter is different and for these reasons.The essence of the understanding of religion is that we break the pre-determind bounderies, where our surroundings, friends and families have made our minds up and we have pre concieved ideas and opinions about individuals and schools of thought."

I recently met a gentleman who had studied under Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi and is now a scholar in his own right. I asked him a question , which he answered, but his opinion was different from Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi. When I asked him about this difference, he replied, what Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi has taught me is to have the ability to reason and form an opinion based on facts, that is what I have learned from him.he has taught me to disagree based on reasoning.

I hasten to add, what I have learned from Javaid Ahmd Ghamidhi is also that religion is not about personality worship.It is not about forming a new sect. But to realise that different scholars can each be right in different areas.I cannot condemn one just because I do not like the person, or my parents have told me so.But to question and to accept or reject solely on the basis of reasons and facts.

For a muslim the two most important things according to Amin Ahsen Islahi are "talab i hidayaat" the desire for awareness and "azam i irradah"the resolve of our intentions. if we have these and with an open mind we strive to seek truth, we must have firm conviction that our religion says Allah will judge us for our intentions not conclusions.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 14, 2006  -  8:00 AM Reply with quote
Allah Almighty on All,

I endorse Waseem. Knowledge is all about continuous journey from one nation to other. We should accept that west has now an edge on us in recent times in all departments.

I have been active participant of different school of thoughts. But the much I learned from MR .Ghamidi; nothing else from. Mr.Ghamidi is perfect example of (Talb-e-Hidayat) true learner. Look at his background. His family was inclined towards Sufism. Then he studied Sufism without any bias attitude and got successful to enter in shibli school of thought.

He remained very close to Moualna Syed Abu-Ala Moudoodi (ra). Moulana provided him a separate building for giving Dars-e-Quran. Then next is long story with Moulana Amin Ahsan Islahi (ra). This all shows how he placed love and guidance of great scholars at one place and kept busy in searching truth.

Furthermore, once he introduced with Amin Ahsan Islamic through a book on Coherency of Quran (Hamiduddin Farahi (ra)), the same day he took out his address and with God almighty he met him on same day.Moulana Islahi got impressed with his true of spirit of truth and he went his home on same day for appreciation of wish to get truth and his scholastic features.

Later on, Mr Ghamidi got differ opinion with Moulana Moudoodi‘s view of establishing Islamic state. But still you can see in programs and different lectures, how he respect Moulana Moudoodi despite of great difference on understanding of religion.

This we need to learn, how to keep your way towards “HUQ” and in the mean time how to respect of different opinion people.

In short, “HUQ” never belongs to Charismatic personalities. We should have unbiased attitude with reasons and facts from Quran & Sunnah in the struggle of true vision of Islam.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, October 14, 2006  -  8:42 AM Reply with quote
we need to follow only Quran,sunnah and prophet's companion.

Any scholar whose views are supported with above three are liable to be accepted.
Next to it the one who has enough knowledge about Islam with extra ordinary skills to convey his Ilm deserved to be a true scholar.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Saturday, October 14, 2006  -  12:47 PM Reply with quote
quote:

One other Book that I would strongly recommend is Meezan by Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi. It defines the religion in a text book manner and I have found it very helpful.The last thing to suggets is the www.Understanding-Islam.org.web site.You can read question and answers on individual topics or pose questions.

There is no place of any sect in Islam. The guys you are pointing out are surely not properly educated. Remember…they are the ‘TRADITIONALISTS’ and belong to the corrupt form of the sect Ehl hadith. So discard their views otherwise the people like them will surely let you be the fuel of the Hell.

WHO ONE BLOODY BASTARD DELETED MY MAIL?????????????????
Zulfee

USA
quote:

There is no place of any sect in Islam. The guys you are pointing out are surely not properly educated. Remember…they are the ‘TRADITIONALISTS’ and belong to the corrupt form of the sect Ehl hadith. So discard their views otherwise the people like them will surely let you be the fuel of the Hell.

Zulfee

USA
quote:

Zulfee

USA
quote:

Zulfee

USA
Posted - Saturday, October 14, 2006  -  4:42 PM Reply with quote
To, khaledgr8
quote:

Mr.Ghamidi is perfect example of (Talb-e-Hidayat) true learner.

Only God is perfect. Like, Idol worshippers don’t associate your Gurroos with God. Like you Hindus say about their Gurroos. Like you Christians say about their Priests etc etc. So your NONSENSE FLATTERING statement is of no value at all.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Saturday, October 14, 2006  -  4:42 PM Reply with quote
To, khaledgr8
quote:

Mr.Ghamidi is perfect example of (Talb-e-Hidayat) true learner.

Only God is perfect. Like, Idol worshippers don’t associate your Gurroos with God. Like you Hindus say about their Gurroos. Like you Christians say about their Priests etc etc. So your NONSENSE FLATTERING statement is of no value at all.
nonstoptaxi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, October 16, 2006  -  6:09 AM Reply with quote
alas..It will take years for moderators of this site to learn how people hijack the entire discussion forum.
so nida,,just wait and watch the show
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, October 16, 2006  -  2:19 PM Reply with quote
If you regret it, then just delete it.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Monday, October 16, 2006  -  2:29 PM Reply with quote
quote:

ZULFEE! GET OUT OF THIS FORUM!!! WE'VE ALL HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!

Why YOU donnot do so???????????????????

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker