Posted - Friday, September 21, 2007  -  8:42 AM Reply with quote
plz visit this link. U may find some answer here:
Islam and Women: Misconceptions and Misperceptions at:
http://www.renaissance.com.pk/FebArt2y5.htm
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, August 9, 2008  -  5:27 AM Reply with quote
Salaam aliukum sister,

Alhamdulilah. May Allah reward you for seeking more knowledge about this diin.

There are so many opinions regarding this issue, as you have probably already seen. Insha'Allah ta'ala I will try to summarize a quick few points.

First, niqaab is not an obligation. There are clear ahadith that allow for the face and hands of a woman to be shown. We have scholars of old in agreement with this - if you'd like to read these sources let me know and I will direct you there insha'Allah ta'ala. That being said, wearing niqaab in some places certianly can provide sisters with extra protection and gazes, both of for themselves and for others gaze of them. Thus, there is great reward in this niqaab - however it is not an obligation. For example, let us look at something from the brothers like growing the beads to the length of a fist. Many brothers do not do this, nor is it an obligation. However, masha'Allah some brothers do and may Allah reward them for it. Likewise, the niqaab is not an obligation but there is reward in it.

Remember that when reading any books or articles that the main source ought to be the Qur'an and Sunna - there are so many opinions being shared here and there, so-and-so argues this and that. But, the understanding of the essential nature of the diin has not changed. We can look to Muhammad, peace be upon him, the sahaba, may Allah be pleased with them, and those who followed them, may Allah be pleased with them. Muhammad, peace be upon him, stated that those best in diin will be those generations closest to his.

If anything I have said is correct it comes from Allah who deserves all praise and if anything I have said is wrong it comes from me and the shaitan.

salaam aliukum
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, June 18, 2009  -  3:27 AM Reply with quote
I have an informatie banner in my files. How do I upload it on to this forum?
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, June 18, 2009  -  8:21 AM Reply with quote
quote:

I have an informatie banner in my files. How do I upload it on to this forum?

follow these steps:
1.login to your gmail
2.on the top of the page you will find the tab 'documents',if it is not there then click the tab'more'
3.click the tab 'documents'
4.click upload
5.click 'choose file' then click 'upload file'
6.click on tab 'share'
7.click 'Publish this document'
8.click on the link given for this link
9.you can copy this link for that file anywhere
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, June 24, 2009  -  11:12 AM Reply with quote
"Muslim women wear burqa by choice and not force. I don't see it as a religious sign," says newly-married Sana Hashmi 26, from Munger in Bihar. Sana drapes a large dupatta instead of a burqa because it's easier to handle. "I feel uncomfortable without it," she says. "When I wear the burqa, I feel safer and more protected than I do in a salwar suit. It is a way of life for my family's women, part of our culture rather than religion."

The need for modesty is pointedly made out in the Quran, say these women, and a chador is perfectly in order. They scoff at Sarkozy who had said that the burqa is not a religious sign but a sign of subservience."Any Muslim woman who is close to her Quran will embrace the burqa," says Tabassum. ...
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Women-behind-the-veil-Burqa-secures-dignity/articleshow/4694567.cms

How I Came To Love The Veil
YVONNE RIDLEY
Having been on both sides of the veil, I can tell you that most Western male politicians and journalists who lament the oppression of women in the Islamic world have no idea what they are talking about.

http://outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20061025&;fname=yvonneridley&sid=1
dubmuz

IRELAND
Posted - Saturday, August 29, 2009  -  11:28 PM Reply with quote
I wear a hijab and Jilbab- scarf and long black outergarment- to be honest I do wear the scarf because my husband wants me to- I have become disheartened with Hijab as some women wear it with pride and look down on women who don't wear it- I like to be identifyable as a Muslim- that's the only reason that I wear it- When I lose a bit of weight I want to wear long regular clothes rather than the Jilbab...I used to belong to a group of Muslim women but I feel that we have little in common- I love Allah and the prophet Muhammed saws - that's the most important thing- not the clothes you wear. Wearing Islamic dress draws attention to me- maybe in modest western dress I will be less noticable..who knows- may Allah guide me to the straight path- ameen
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 1, 2009  -  9:01 AM Reply with quote
I dont see any reason to wear hijab or burqa or Niqab it is very cultural and the family you have been brought up in.
Modesty in Clothes and respect of one's sexuality is all that is needed. Women who say in Pakistan women wear hijab burqa are doing it because they want to are naive. Women do it because they have to and have no choice. The consequences of showing independece in clothes are severe and life threatening. You only exercise that choice if you are born in a family which does not do hijab purdah or niqab. I agree with your view that some women do have that air of superiority because they are in purdah and wearing hijab.
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Tuesday, September 1, 2009  -  3:14 PM Reply with quote
My sister in Islam. Loving Allah and loving His Prophet (upon whom be blessings and peace) means following what they say. Hijab is a command from Allah. Show you love of Allah by following what He asked you to do. Do it for your love of Allah and His messenger.

From your brother in Islam.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, September 2, 2009  -  6:02 AM Reply with quote
Brother, You said: "Hijab is a command from Allah". Wud U plz mention that where in Quran this command is & what r its details? Plz explain.

Thanks & regards
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, September 2, 2009  -  9:53 AM Reply with quote
So would i , where does it say in the Quran that you need to wear a Hijab?
faysal99

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, September 2, 2009  -  6:34 PM Reply with quote
Interesetingly few days back, Allama Ghamidi talked about directives of Hijab on "DunyaNews tv Programme - Jagoo Dunya" and he went to explain that , ordinary women shall even abstain from head/face covering since it was particle directive to Wives of Prophet (PBUH).

But one of the question that arises from Ghamidi Sb talk is that , if beard can be kept in the love of Prophet (PBUH) then why not ordinary women , just in the love of Prophet Wives , can do head/face covering ?
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, September 3, 2009  -  4:40 PM Reply with quote
faysal,Prophet (PBUH)kept a beard as a choice, he was not asked to do so, but the wives of the Prophet were ordered by God to cover head and face to distinguish them from ordinary women. This was to mark their status. So copying the wives is different and copying the prophet and keeping a beard is different. If men want to aspire and try to be like the prophet then they should adopt charector traits like kindness honesty and fairness which the prophet possessed that would improve our society structure and also win a favorable position with.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, September 4, 2009  -  7:09 AM Reply with quote
and similarly if women wish to cover they may do so but the point to note from the islamic teachings is not to discriminate a muslim woman as a person of no faith or less faith is she is not.
a believing man or woman will try to dress up modestly just like s/he will try n practice other things s/he feels right and dressing up modestly may not include face cover or head cover in many parts of the world.
salam
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Friday, September 4, 2009  -  1:03 PM Reply with quote
The Quran also tells us to obey the Prophet (sAas) as well as Allah SWT (see for example Surah an-Nisa ayah 59). It tells us that if we have faith we will take the Prophet (sAas) as the judge of any dispute (Surah an-Nisa ayah 65). It tells us that when both Allah SWT and the Prophet (sAas) have decided a matter it is not for a Muslim or Muslimah to have any further say in that matter (Surah al-Ahzab ayah 36). It tells us that what the Prophet (sAas) has given us, we should take and what he has prohibited to us, we should refrain from (Surah al-Hashr ayah 7). And it tells us that the Prophet (sAas) has been sent not just to deliver the Quran but also to explain it (Surah an-Nahl ayah 44).

"And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful" (An-Nur, 31)

"O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outergarments (jilbabs) close around themselves; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle." (Ahzab, 59)

http://www.muhajabah.com/whyhijab.htm
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 4, 2009  -  7:11 PM Reply with quote
Women cover their head for various reasons
1) Cultural, it is a norm in the family or set up where they belong to e.g. the women in Afghanistan and NWFP.
2) It is pleasing in the eyes of God.
3) It is presumed that this is an Islamic way of dress for momin women and they want to differentiate themselves.
I would like you to read these articles to understand the other point of view

http://www.islamfortoday.com/syed01.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amf5_QyVYEA&;feature=related

http://www.khalidzaheer.com/qa/356

http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_1_50/issues__hijab.htm

So there is another side to the interpretation. I have actually never seen a woman look less modest because she is not wearing a head scarf.
It is your dress the modesty in your eyes and behavior. I guess I feel this way because i was born and brought up in a family where women do not cover their head, but for a person brought up in a family where head covering is a way of life removing it might feel immodest.
The thing is Quran does make it compulsory.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4 5
Next page >>
Page 1 of 5

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker