<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5
Page 5 of 5

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, March 3, 2010  -  6:51 AM Reply with quote
I think we need to leave aside the issues outside of Islam and Islamic scholarship and look to the fact that for 1000+ years after the Prophet (peace be upon him), and until today the vast majority of scholars agree hijab is mandatory.

Why? Not because of culture. But because it is part of awrah and modesty.

However, I've commented previously on the scholarly consensus ('ijma), which was dismissed as well as the linguistic proof from the Qur'an. And, from the customs of the Prophet. And, from the agreement in all four major schools of thought in Islam.

If, after all that, one wants to still question and say that hijab is merely cultural I think we have other issues to deal with before we speak about hijab. And, Allah knows best.

All the best my sister.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, March 3, 2010  -  8:33 AM Reply with quote
quote:

If, after all that, one wants to still question and say that hijab is merely cultural I think we have other issues to deal with before we speak about hijab. And, Allah knows best

very well said...loganc.
GOD bless you.
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, March 3, 2010  -  9:31 AM Reply with quote
And you sister.

wa'salaam
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 6, 2010  -  9:44 AM Reply with quote
welcome to women's forum safimera

kindly note that ghamidi sb or any member of their team have never said that hijab is not a part of islam.
check out you tube for the talks by them on the topic
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, March 6, 2010  -  1:21 PM Reply with quote
Thank you for pointing out hkhan
I did not say "part of Islam" instead I said "obligation".

What I understood from Mr Ghamdi that
Hijab (head cover) is not obligation if woman is without make up and jewellary.
Otherwise she should wear hijab???

Correct me if I am wrong??

Secondly I want to know that this women forum is only for sisters?????????????
I just enter in this forum because Hijab is a common topic of discusion in my house and me and my wife want to know the reality to guide our lovely daughter.

Otherwise if it is only for sisters , I would never post it here again and please excuse me.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, March 7, 2010  -  3:02 PM Reply with quote
actually it's not what he says. thatis just a part of the explanation. listen to all the lectures on the topic & read my previous posts here while discussing with saba and others. u can even find via
www.tv-almawrid.org

as for being a man or a woman, it doesn't matter which gender u belong to. even if u r gay, u r welcome to opine here because these forums are not run by a sexist or a gender discriminator
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, March 7, 2010  -  4:41 PM Reply with quote
hkhan.....

I have read all your early post and I understood that u r in favour of hijab
but
I have also seen some Mr Ghamdi youtube clips....in which a lady categorically asked him about head cover and he said " it is not necessary or obligation ..but it is part of islam only when a woman with make up or jewellary (zeena)...."
also he said "although it is something which is appreciated in Islam sharia (pasandeeda) but not must"....

God knows better.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 10, 2010  -  5:13 PM Reply with quote
this particular point has been replied in my previous posts to saba;plz chk again
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 23, 2010  -  3:46 PM Reply with quote
Salam every one,
I see that this forum is going strong I am sorry I haven't been a part of this discussion as I was in Skerdu struggling to bring meaningful improvement in a school. The things we take for granted are a rare treat like water electricity and internet.It was a very fruitful trip and this is a major commitment I mean to see through.
A lot has been said again on this forum but perhaps not all the posts were read in detail.
humaa

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 23, 2010  -  7:00 PM Reply with quote
i agree safimera u r autocratically correct there is no need of a prolong conversation it,s a very simple concept
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 25, 2010  -  10:54 PM Reply with quote
I feel very comfortable wearing my long coat up to the knees with long sleeves and high neck and tied up hair.I don't use makeup for shopping, work etc. only for family events or close friends parties that are almost always family based. I sometimes cover head, with a warm cap in winter and sometimes not. I believe that even without putting a shawl or dopatta or scarf on my head, in this environment I am fairly modestly covered. I hope so...

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5
Page 5 of 5

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker