Next page >>
Page 2 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  3:32 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Dear sisters,.......Since i am the elected General Secretary of understanding Islam UK .........misunderstanding about sister Henna Khan.........reacted very strongly and started criticising all of us unneccesarily hurling baseless accusations of being biased and sexist.She even insulted our wives who in her views were only good enough for kitchen.......... UI UK has 10 female members ..........
Brother Mujahid, that is pure geebah. Why mention what went on between her and Understanding Islam Uk.? We have known Henna Khan only as the moderator of Studying Islam Uk.. and we are concerned about her role as a moderator in this forum.
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  4:09 PM Reply with quote
I fully agree with Atif Rafi. It happens in organizations. we have had also such bitter experiences during our Dawah work. We all have our feet of clay.It happened even in the time of Sahabah I will advise all sisters and brothers doing Dawah work in Uk to concentrate on their excellent pioneering Dawah work and not let themselves be derailed by trivial issues or fancies of their egos.Satan and his cohorts will try their best to undermine their work.Do remember that if sincere Dawah work is scuttled or weakened by some body,s personal whims or ego,Allah will never forgive her/him!It would be better if they sort out their trivial differences between themselves and not wash their dirty lining,if any, in the public!
isfi22

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  5:10 PM Reply with quote
Salam to All Brothers and Sisters>>!!

I am also with Atif Rafi and Aslam Mir. These issues are may be so important for the two parties of the matter, but they are not discussable in this public and open forum.

Please do not involve others in this kind of personal and orginazational issues. Aslam Mir truly and rightly wrote that "It would be better if they sort out their trivial differences between themselves".

Dawah Workers are all importand and respactable, but they are also human beings like others. They can be wrong in different matters and they have weaknesses and faults in their personal behaviour and ethics and attitudes. But these are the matters, we have to discuss in between the concerned ppl not in open plateforms, like this open and public Forum.

If you want to discuss anyway something, then you should discuss it generally. Like you can discuss thoughts of Muslim Modernist about women and their role in society and in Dawah field etc. But this is not a right and reasoned based approach that you discuss personal matters in an open plateform.

Finally i repeat Atif Rafi's words:

"I would request the moderators of this site and UI UK to kindly resolve this matter at your end and please do not post your issues here on the forum as we, who gave very high ranks to you people are really traumatized by all this."
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 10, 2010  -  3:22 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Brother Mujahid, that is pure geebah.
. I don,t consider it Gheebah Aboosait!Mujahid is clarifying his position and responding to the accusations. He has the to right to defend himself if the other party goes public.Text
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Thursday, June 10, 2010  -  6:31 AM Reply with quote
Finally i repeat Atif Rafi's words:

"
quote:

I would request the moderators of this site and UI UK to kindly resolve this matter at your end and please do not post your issues here on the forum as we, who gave very high ranks to you people are really traumatized by all this

hey guys!!! why some people are afraid of discussing something unusual...
this is the beauty of an online FORUM....say anything in very respectful manner, whatever in your mind.....

some sisters felt bad, so they put it in this thread...then mR mujji clarified other's version...which also had some valid points and then others gave suggestions that " everybody is human , can make mistake and try to resolve the conflicts"

so what???/

we are all one family and discussing each other's expression and trying to solve it or help.....

by all these conflicts , nobody is embbarassed , instead we learn that we are human and we may have conflicts but soon we may resolve.....

last thing...that weaker has to cry....in this MAN dominant society, females sometimes has to cry for their rights....

so take it easy and try to make a patch up if u can or otherwise pray....

advantage is that because of this FORUM , some sisters got clarification....

that is why I believe that may be not hkhan, but we need a female moderator to avoid the gender bias....

this is a discussion forum of your expresiion, guys!!!...not a lecture room , or mosque..!!!!
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 10, 2010  -  9:36 AM Reply with quote
I think either the mods should call sister Henna Khan here as well and let her speak or this debate should be stopped now.

Its really shocking that this issue was not resolved earlier.

I don't think that appointing some new female mod will solve the actual problem... We are not talking about mangoes, which can be replaced by a new one.

Where is Al-Mawrid Team???? Are they involved to resolve this issue????
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, June 10, 2010  -  2:01 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Brother Mujahid, that is pure geebah.
. I don,t consider it Gheebah Aboosait!Mujahid is clarifying his position and responding to the accusations. He has the to right to defend himself if the other party goes public
Brother Aslam, if Mujahid had uttered those remarks about her when she was visiting this forum it would not have been geebah.

Now that she has been prevented from visiting these pages, his telling us about her so called misbehaviour amounts to geebah.

Let him call her to this forum and debate with her so that we can listen to both on these pages - that would be like a good Muslim.

Edited by: aboosait on Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:21 PM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, June 10, 2010  -  2:14 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I think either the mods should call sister Henna Khan here as well and let her speak or this debate should be stopped now.

Its really shocking that this issue was not resolved earlier.

I don't think that appointing some new female mod will solve the actual problem... We are not talking about mangoes, which can be replaced by a new one.

Where is Al-Mawrid Team???? Are they involved to resolve this issue????
I agree.

And why is Mujahid, who calls himself the General secretary of Understanding Islam Uk barging into Studying Islam forums and speaking ill of its moderator? Moreover he admits that he is not a REGULAR visitor meaning he has purposely appeared to spread ill feelings.
isfi22

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 10, 2010  -  4:24 PM Reply with quote
Hey Safimera>>>!!!

we guys are afraid and shocked of discussing something personal not unusual.

This forum is not for discussing the disputed matters between a huzband and his wife. In the same way u can not discuss here personal matters and disputed matters.

This platform is only for general issues discussions instead of personal matters and personal feelings.

In a cricket play groung you can not organise your meeting and get together for listening jokes, because every thing and every place has its own purposes and related events, so why we are objecting the matter of discussion of personal matters here, in a public and general Forum.

We are also in favor of Ladies and their rights, but not in favor of this situation that you bring personal matters here on the base of this only argument that they relat to a honorable and respectable Lady.

If you allow this kind of personal issues discussions here, then every man will come with his wife's faults and misbehaviour stories and vise versa.

So R U ready for that>>>>!!!!!
mujji

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, June 10, 2010  -  6:20 PM Reply with quote
Dear all,

This forum reflects a true living society where people have difference of opinion.I am grateful to all of you for writing in support and against my action.Insha'Allah,on the day of judgement Allah will decide who was right and who was wrong.

This is my last post on this topic.Hope to discuss some better issues some other time.

God bless you all and keep the forum alive with your wisdom.

regards

Mujahid
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 10, 2010  -  11:23 PM Reply with quote
I have not yet caught on why hnkhan cannot be a moderator , if it was her decision to resign then that is a sad loss and maybe we can urge her to come back but if she was forced to resign then it is a sad state of affairs. Can hnkhan please write a few lines to explain publicly her absence ? would studying Islam allow her to do that much. She has been a responsible moderator and posting her replies with care, so I am sure she would still use the same care, tact to express her views.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Friday, June 11, 2010  -  6:50 AM Reply with quote
isfi22===>
respected brother !!! i think the issue is: why an active and viable moderator
had been removed???

I do not know where "a personal matter" here.....??????

this is not personal....

it is an issue and a concern of forum's participants about :

why a moderator has been removed???

or is it because of gender discrimination??

or if not, then do we need a new female moderator to continue this forum without any gender bias??

Admin. would give reply or not...it is their decission...but we have right to raise our concern.....

please !!! do not consider these differences as "blow to the purpose of
this forum"....

it will subside with the time....but atleast, u give a chance to everybody to express.....
isfi22

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 11, 2010  -  7:25 AM Reply with quote
Salam All and Safimera>>!!!

Your presentation of this case convinced me and i m agree with u. I felt that your points are valid. The reason i was feeling this matter a "personal and not discuss able matter on this forum" was the presentation of some Participants. There style were very shocking and teasing. I also agree with saba2 that Studying Islam should let her present her views on this issue to resolve this matter in short time and let ppl discuss other relevant and hot and creative issues.

Thanks Big Brother Safimera for correcting me
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, June 11, 2010  -  9:05 AM Reply with quote
Currently it's a hot topic on BBC and other news channels that what caused the incidence recently where a middle aged local man killed some people out of desperation and rage and finally took his own life in UK. Life style is being discussed as well as education of the public; but along what lines?? no one is clear. People looking for the options.

It's high time we present the beauty of the Message of God and his Messengers in order to present the options to Serve Humanity in the best way instead of wasting time on ignorant clashes amongst ourselves. Both the parties (UIUK and SIUK) have said what they had to say. Dr.Mujahid Zaheer will have to admit at certain stage that they have failed to keep the merit due to some vested interests and conflicts amongst men themselves at both ends but then again..... "Human After All" :) Our purpose has never been to highlight each others' weaknesses but with deep sympathy and support to try and get rid of our weaknesses alongside, in order to help take the Message across the world in the best possible way.

There are times when God wants us to use our skills in diversity in order to serve various purposes and requirements around us.

UIUK seems to be in Phase 1 still and alhamdulillah SIUK has already moved into Phase 2 as they initiated much earlier & working on multiple fronts. After all it's run by a woman and men can never surpass women in Multi tasking ~alhamdulillah (All praise to God)~ This is why He has made us to support you where you could lag behind and vice versa

May Allah be with everyone's sincere efforts.amen

wassala'm (peace)

hkhan
Dean and CEO: Faith Anchor
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Friday, June 11, 2010  -  11:34 AM Reply with quote
well said hkhan.

good luck to UIUK AND SIUK BOTH.
Sanwal

INDIA
Posted - Friday, June 11, 2010  -  2:38 PM Reply with quote
quote:

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..I say this with my God as witness and with the realisation that one day i will be standing before him to answer my actions.

…………………………..Unfortunately, she wanted to bypass all the rules and regulations and had the desire to become trustee straightaway.This was an extremely unreasonable demand and unworthy of a religious person.When we rejected her demand she reacted very strongly and started criticising all of us unneccesarily hurling baseless accusations of being biased and sexist.She even insulted our wives who in her views were only good enough for kitchen……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

My dear sisters,i have only mentioned a few things regarding sister Henna with whom i still have good relations.If it was'nt unethical i would have shown you some of her insulting emails to us,however,If you want to have more details on the issue you can call me………………………………or email me on

My only sincere advise to you all is to never form opinions after listening to only one side. It is mandatory upon us to investigate the truth before forming opinions.

I appreciate and endorse the very right decision of the admin against the said individual…!!!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 2 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker