1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 7 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, June 19, 2010  -  5:43 PM Reply with quote
sanwal please take some time off you seem to be worked up about some thing and reacting. Harsh words once said cannot be retracted and do great damage so please take a break...... now would be good time for the moderators to step in.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, June 19, 2010  -  5:47 PM Reply with quote
quote:

...... now would be good time for the moderators to step in.

which moderators?
Sanwal

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, June 19, 2010  -  5:57 PM Reply with quote
quote:

sanwal please take some time off you seem to be worked up about some thing and reacting. Harsh words once said cannot be retracted and do great damage so please take a break...... now would be good time for the moderators to step in.

OK! Ask please same to aboosait too. I was in break, It is aboosait who did his job........
Your word "BREAK" is not suitable but "STOP" on the both sides.
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 21, 2010  -  5:41 AM Reply with quote
WOW!!!! Great posts from Aboosait and Sanwal... Excellent mates, keep it up.

I thought this thread was about Sister Henna's Absence... Why don't both of You start a new thread or use your personal emails for all this ********

I want to say much more than this, but again this thread is not meant for this.

By the way, Any progress on the actual issue... Where are the Forum Admins??? Any response from any concerned party?
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 21, 2010  -  8:02 AM Reply with quote
Don,t you think Atif this thread should come to an end?
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 21, 2010  -  11:13 AM Reply with quote
I seriously think that this is a complete useless thread now, Actual issue is no more being discussed and no Authority is available for any discussion about the Sister hkhan incident. So, for me there is no point in indulging this useless thread
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 21, 2010  -  12:46 PM Reply with quote
You will find our brothers aslammir and atifrafi extremely keen to end this thread. This itself reflects the oppression and control psychology. I have found out that sadly they also represent Almawrid in one way or the other. Hence together they are only giving one bad impression about Almawrid when it comes to a fair dealing with women at religious work places as colleagues, which otherwise is a noble Islamic Educational Institute.

This is why as Khan mentioned, you will find progressive women in Parliaments, professions and other fields in Pakistan, but not in religious fields while working alongside men because most Muslim religious men and organizations are still of the opinion that women must walk atleast 10 steps behind them. They are welcome to the organizations but not at the same pace as the men. Is this why a progressive woman in this field in Pakistan like Dr Farhat Hashmi had to make her own organisation to avoid this gender discrimination?

So really as an organisation they may be writing and propagating about women being as good and sensible as men, but practically they are not showing that they believe in it. I believe this is because of the cultural gaps and the role of women they have practically come across with as children.

Hence, as usual these forum brothers also wish to dump this issue :3 (smiles) but no surprises! In this 'progressive' time and age too, females are being dumped in their mothers' wombs before even being borne, let alone being discriminated later. Just that religious organisations must not claim that they are different, because silently they are doing the same crime but in a different way and cover!Whether they perceive it or not. It will be in their interest to realize it before the Day of Judgement!

http://www.ideajournal.com/articles.php?id=37

No one had a courtesy to ask the brothers Khan has been mentioning about- that why on earth they would differ or discriminate members on the basis of gender rather than merit? When they claim to be representing Ghamidi sahib's work as translated by Shehzad Saleem sahib and Almawrid who are all making efforts to bring the true message of Islam in it's purest form, specially clarifying misconceptions about Women and Islam and Relationship with Non Muslims, because these teachers themselves do not believe in gender discrimination- but the UIUK presidents and managers and team and some other managers of Almawrid have acted totally opposite in this matter. This will only blemish Almawrid and it's scholars and their work at a global level.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Tuesday, June 22, 2010  -  7:10 AM Reply with quote
what samra said have some valid points. but sister samra===> to remove gender bias in religious issues, muslim woman should become islamic scholars and then they have to remove the gender bias (created by some males scholars in history not by islam itself) by Quranic and sunnah evidences. Just shouting without evidences would be no use....

for that, woman in 21st centuries should break this barrier as hkhan said:

quote:

but not in religious fields while working alongside men because most Muslim religious men and organizations are still of the opinion that women must walk atleast 10 steps behind them
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 22, 2010  -  10:36 AM Reply with quote
quote:

You will find our brothers aslammir and atifrafi extremely keen to end this thread. This itself reflects the oppression and control psychology. I have found out that sadly they also represent Almawrid in one way or the other. Hence together they are only giving one bad impression about Almawrid when it comes to a fair dealing with women at religious work places as colleagues, which otherwise is a noble Islamic Educational Institute.

I think you have completely misunderstood me, I am not oppressing rather I just want EQUAL OPPURTUNITY for both parties on this thread. I have a very simple point, Either Call Madam hkhan on this thread and allow her to post her point of view or close this thread as only listening to one way story doesn't help anyone. For reference please see my earlier posts like

quote:

I think either the mods should call sister Henna Khan here as well and let her speak or this debate should be stopped now. Its really shocking that this issue was not resolved earlier.

I don't think that appointing some new female mod will solve the actual problem... We are not talking about mangoes, which can be replaced by a new one.

Where is Al-Mawrid Team???? Are they involved to resolve this issue????

Sister, I am in so much favour of Madam Henna Khan that I ONLY want her back, I do not even support any other female mod here.... I don't know whether you will believe it or not, But I am a big admirer of Her.

About the fact that I represent Al-Mawrid or Not, I think i have already clearly mentioned my point in many other threads as well... I am a big fan of Ghamidi Sb and WHOLE Al-Mawrid Team ( Including Madam Henna as I do consider her as part of this team)

I think you have completely ignored all of my previous posts... I suuported brother abunoman's comments LOUD and CLEAR to bring back Madam Henna...

I will not enter into any sort of arguments, I would simply and humbly request to the admin to bring back sister hkhan. Please don't deprive your site from such intelligent person. I wish hkhan best of luck.

quote:

Excellent Post... I also support brother abunoman on this and request the admins to bring back Sister hkhan

And, now the most inportant point... Why I asked this thread should be off now?

This is for one simple fact.... brother Aboosait and Sanwal are settling some of their personal issues on this thread. I just wrote that they should not use this thread to settle some personal issues... If we cannot discuss the actual issue ( Regarding madam Henna ), its better to stop posting here.

quote:

WOW!!!! Great posts from Aboosait and Sanwal... Excellent mates, keep it up.

I thought this thread was about Sister Henna's Absence... Why don't both of You start a new thread or use your personal emails for all this ********

I want to say much more than this, but again this thread is not meant for this.

By the way, Any progress on the actual issue... Where are the Forum Admins??? Any response from any concerned party?

If after reading all this, you still thinks that I am trying to control anything, then I can only say that I am sorry for not being able to clarify my situation and point of view.

And please do share if you have any update from Madam Henna.

Edited by: atifrafi on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:38 AM

Edited by: atifrafi on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:41 AM
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, June 23, 2010  -  6:32 AM Reply with quote
nice clarification from atifrafi....

samra==> please do not blame him anymore...

come to real issue.....hkhan or female moderator???
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 25, 2010  -  12:11 PM Reply with quote
Thanks Safimera for the support :)

I am still unable to understand one thing. If there was any issue between Madam Henna and UIUK ppl, why she has been banned at Studying Islam Site? And why the moderators are absolutely quiet. Her name is also removed from "The Team" Section. This is absolutely strange.

I request the moderators to pls respond
admin

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, June 26, 2010  -  2:05 AM Reply with quote
salam

It is clarified here that Ms Khan had resigned herself and her resignation was accepted.

regards
Shehzad Saleem
(CEO and Dean)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, June 26, 2010  -  6:37 PM Reply with quote
quote:

salam

It is clarified here that Ms Khan had resigned herself and her resignation was accepted.

regards
Shehzad Saleem
(CEO and Dean)
Shehzad Saleem, if that were the case what made you remain silent when mujahid wrote all that slander on her?
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 27, 2010  -  4:09 PM Reply with quote
Khan has sent over the advice she received from a senior colleague in faith partnership, Bob (Robert Packer) who is a regular reader of Renaissance.

"Henna, I was concerned hearing about the pressures you faced from the male members of your team that finally pushed you to resign from some of your work including websites, although I believe that is hardly 10 % of your work in the community and must not affect your performance because you are working on multiple platforms.

However this is not the story of Muslim organizations only. We have this problem amongst other religious groups equally including Christianity. You are aware that women struggled for long time to become a priest, still there are many restrictions.

This is a sad state of affair but I am sure that with your ongoing efforts to educate the public in this regard, things will be better. I am a regular subscriber and reader of Renaissance that you initiated for me and I believe that the editor Mr.Saleem sounds like a sensible and reasonable person and will surely respond to logic.
My advice to you is not to give up on this. As we discussed at the Kingsway coffee shop I remember you mentioning, this must be God's will and there are times when you have to work at certain platforms and then move on, but I believe that God has given you this opportunity to educate your colleagues in this matter because someone has to take this issue on board. My sincere prayers are with you. Keep up your good works. See you soon at the next meeting. Hope you received the hand made cards I sent to you with the symbols of Islam and Christianity and the suggestions I mentioned about the work issues."

Khan then goes on and mentions a Pearl said to her on Friday night at the Mayor's Dinner by the Chief Executive Ms.Bagley, of Slough Borough Council (where Khan serves as the Vice Chair of the Review Committee of the Standards Board)
"The hands that rock the cradle lead the world"
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, June 27, 2010  -  7:09 PM Reply with quote
impressive....if hkhan is doing many jobs!!!!!

but i m wondering how one person can do so many things????

can we give justice to our reponsiblities if we are involved in so many projects???

don't you think if one person has many positions then his/her concentration must be divided and he/she could not justify any?????

i do not know....!!!!!!!!!!
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 28, 2010  -  6:48 AM Reply with quote
quote:

salam

regards
Shehzad Saleem
(CEO and Dean)

Dear Shahzad Saleem Sb,

Believe me that due to the attitude of Al-Mawrid and SI Team, You people are Loosing all the respect which I had for this organization for so many years... She resigned and you accepted the resignation... What a joke. You didn't even bother to check for the reason, or to SOLVE the issues.

Was this only a Employer / Employee relation??? Do you really know why She resigned?

You replied here after so long, and this is too just a one liner. This clearly shows that you don't bother about anything related to Madam Henna and the management wanted her to Leave, after which there wasn't any option left with her.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 7 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker