Next page >>
Page 9 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Friday, July 2, 2010  -  8:15 AM Reply with quote
Guys!! listen to me!!!
i m telling you with surety that bringing back hkhan in same position would not work....she could not develop same working relatioship with her colleagues again...this is my experience and this is human nature.....

we did protest and now our concern should be that such action from Admin. should not be happened again (i hope admin. has learned that)....

but also try to move on...hkhan would remain with us in different platforms or forums and she would continue to do service for islam....so is your duty.....

when admin. requested you to avoid further discussion...i take it as their admission of guilt and hope they would take care of any injustice in future....

it happens in such scenario.... u need financial supporters or sometimes sincere but stubborn guys who are crucial to any organization whom we have to bear because of other good purposes etc etc.....

see around yourself and see the history....

so do not consider UIUK as ideal organization...give them a break, they need time to be a muture organization
and trust Mr Ghamdi and Mr Shezad like poeple whom hkhan herself respect too much.....

UIUK must make sure that a woman representative should be there in Admin., if NOT hkhan....
and in future try to minimize gender biased approach.....

Edited by: safimera on Friday, July 02, 2010 8:24 AM
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 2, 2010  -  8:37 AM Reply with quote
Dear safimera,

You will surely pull me back to this forum :)

1. Hkhan can be ALLOWED as a simple member to post here. Even if she is not a mod, we all (specially sisters) should be able to get benefits from her knowledge and wisdom.

2. I have mentioned this earlier as well, I don't see this as a Gender issue. Its simple issue about a Good Member of a very good organization.

3. I don't believe that replacing her with a new Female mod would resolve the actual problem, for 2 reasons:

a) I am sure that its very difficult to find any female with same level of knowledge and concern.

b) As I stated in one of my earlier post, We are NOT talking about Mangoes which can be replaces with a new one. Even if we have a new female mod, would that be a FAIR decision with Madam HKhan. I can safely say that she was a much better mod than any other mode here

Just for reference, check following thread:

http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=1664&;lang=en&forumid=26

Edited by: atifrafi on Friday, July 02, 2010 8:45 AM
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, July 2, 2010  -  8:55 AM Reply with quote
"i hope they would not forget hkhan and bring her into momentum...."

Are you joking Safimera :P :3 Khan does not need anyone to 'bring' her into momentum except God she says. Her Faith Anchor. alhamdulillah. She was already in momentum that she bumped into them from thousands of miles away. This website and associated organization must thank for the years of her utmost passion, skill, support and energy they were able to benefit from(of course for the cause of God, no two opinions on that) but God does not come on the ground physically. He let’s people interact in His name and sees how they do it!

So they can really forget about or just dream of having her back now! No matter how desperately they want. So they may regret forever- loosing such a gem just because of careless mistakes and the test of ego they were put into. However she thinks they are brilliant people, will hopefully learn from their mistake and move forward, which is what she wants and which is what she invited them to UK for- on 1st Ramadan 2004 at almawrid main library where she presented her case’you are invited to UK’ in a power point presentation to Javaid Ghamidi Sahib, Shehzad Saleem, Khalid Zaheer, Dr.Munir Ahmad(managers) and 18 other members of the scholars, management and technical team of almawrid. She was already and still busy in pursuing her aim of serving the message of God and serving His people, even before she came across almawrid but is glad that she has learnt many lessons while working with them which are like a milestone and a runway for her flight forward! inshallah

However Khan thinks she will consider her job done if the brothers related to almawrid learnt their lesson finally and made their dealings fair with sister workers from now on without any discrimination (even if they think it is in accordance with Islam in their own understanding!) Already the effects of Khan’s efforts are visible as the lady member on forums was desperately offered to take over as moderator during this scenario, which surprised her too and as the UIUK president Abdullah Rahim also told Khan previously during a conversation on this subject that they are bringing drastic changes regarding women’s position in the team from next AGM onwards.

So although Khan will never want to rejoin them now(because she is also aware of some false allegations and doubts created about her that perhaps she is getting some money by the western authorities here using the names of these websites or journals. She wants to clarify all such Misconceptions) Therefore although Khan will never want to rejoin them now even if offered to (as she rejected the offer by the uiuk brothers and imran yousuf and brothers already –the two split ends of the team in UK- and replied to them that as they used to reply to her request for uniting with eachother instead of forming groups that ‘why don’t you become the moon in the middle’ she would like to stay like that-at a distance but bright and shining) but is glad that her courage and sacrifice will help the other sisters coming on the track including the wives of the brothers who have so far been just listening silently to the lectures or serving ‘a’loo cholay and samos’e to the brothers-without any active participation at the admin, management and in the working strategy.

She strongly believes that the involvement of the intelligent minds of these daughters of Hawa/Eve will bring a tremendous and positive revolution to the organization, just a glance of which was seen by her involvement in the past few years when the organization started melting out from a frozen state.

She does not deny the learning and support she has had from their work in the past years.

She also suggested that the admin may delete this whole topic now as she hopes thay have noted the points and message she wanted to send across.

Oh Woman,

Why is it that you had to break the rules

in order to be heard?

How can a society who's rules do not apply to you

pretend that you belong to it?

Oh my teacher

No. Please, do not claim my loyalty is yours

until you are loyal to me

No, thank you, I will be fine without your protection

I am fully capable of protecting my self

The most your rules do is expose me to violence

And snatch away my liberty and freedom.

I will get by with my chaadar and chappal

You cannot protect my chappal from wearing away

by stealing the road I walk on

You cannot protect my chaadar from blowing away

by stealing the wind it blows on

And in the name of God, no less!!
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Friday, July 2, 2010  -  11:30 AM Reply with quote
atifrafi===>

for your no:1 comment===>I 100% agreed.
really!!is it like that?? she is not even allowed to send any message in this forum?? please confirm me....

for no:2===> I respect your view but I still disagree...i think it is a gender issue as well....we still have "man domination mentality" in majority of MALES EVEN THEY ARE VERY SINCERE IN THEIR CAUSE.......

for no:3===>yes !!hkhan is a woman of great knowledge and wisdom....but what is the solution???

some women should remain in the forum Admin. to represent female gender and

please do not say that all other women except hkhan would be "MANGOES"......

SAMRA===>i AGREE with you ..but what is the solution of this problem?

when she herself said:
quote:

However she thinks they are brilliant people, will hopefully learn from their mistake and move forward, which is what she wants

and then responsible person Mr Shezad Saleem from Admin. also requested to do so..

so in my humble opinion...give them a chance not to repeat such mistake again
and let us move on for the bigger cause which hkhan herself started.

Note: I am not sure that hkhan is not even allowed to send comments in this forum anymore....i think she is only no more moderator.....???

please somebody clarify this to me.....if it is like that.... "she is totally blocked in this forum"
....then I am with aboosait and others who want to leave this forum permanently
....beacause then this forum is useless and is acting against its own mission......

Edited by: safimera on Friday, July 02, 2010 11:37 AM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, July 2, 2010  -  11:31 AM Reply with quote
quote:

......Khan thinks
......... Khan will never want to
........She wants to clarify
......... She strongly believes
......She does not deny
........She also suggested
......... message she wanted to send across.

What are you up to?

I suspect some hidden motives among those who are supporting the admin. even after all this. May be someone is trying to grab Ms.khan's place as mod.

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, July 02, 2010 11:39 AM
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 2, 2010  -  2:14 PM Reply with quote
Aboosait to answer your question no I am not after hina khans job, I was surprised when asked to take over the admin explained that he wanted me to take over as a void was created.
I have no ulterior motives or any hidden agenda i dont think anyone can replace hnkhan she is a very fine person and her contributions irreplaceable.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, July 3, 2010  -  2:23 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Safimera wrote:
quote:

........when admin. requested you to avoid further discussion...i take it as their admission of guilt and hope they would take care of any injustice in future....
What makes you preach such baseless thoughts?

The admin. think they can dictate terms with us. We cannot accept such behaviour from the admin. of an Islamic forum.

They want us to blindly accept their verdict on our respected mod, while she is being prevented by them from speaking out the truth.

aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, July 3, 2010  -  2:30 PM Reply with quote
quote:

........the admin explained that he wanted me to take over as a void was created....
Do they think it is child's play to appoint or remove mods as they please?
quote:

.....I have no ulterior motives or any hidden agenda i dont think anyone can replace hnkhan she is a very fine person and her contributions irreplaceable.
Jazakallahu khair.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 3, 2010  -  7:36 PM Reply with quote
Aboosait why do you feel "that they think it is child's play to appoint or remove mods as they please?"
sista_amina

NEW ZEALAND
Posted - Saturday, July 3, 2010  -  8:34 PM Reply with quote
Any Tom. Dick or Harry can become a moderator on public forums. Letting a volunteer female to moderate on forums proves nothing. It is in practical working that the organizations have to prove that they are not discriminating. In short, some men claiming to represent Almawrid must change their sexist outlook in all practical matters as times have changed and it's supposed to be a progressive Islamic organization. Such individuals can misrepresent the organization with their personal discrimination in this regard.

Edited by: sista_amina on Friday, July 09, 2010 4:05 PM
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 3, 2010  -  8:47 PM Reply with quote
That hurt sista_amina
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, July 4, 2010  -  3:27 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Aboosait why do you feel "that they think it is child's play to appoint or remove mods as they please?"
Seeing what they have been doing on this forum these days. Of course those who are blindly attached to the organization and its admin. fail to understand it. Moreover you are in a way indebted to them for having offered you the post.

If the vacuum created was due to promotion of Ms.khan to a higher post in the organization I would not have objected to their choosing you as her successor.

Sorry, I forgot for a while that citizens have no right to give their suggestions in a land of dictatorship.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 4, 2010  -  4:28 AM Reply with quote
I am in no way indebted to any one , yes I do admire this organization and respect all its members, now if the vacuum was created to appoint me then you would be justified in your objection but that was not the case.
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 5, 2010  -  5:56 AM Reply with quote
safimera===>

quote:

she is not even allowed to send any message in this forum?? please confirm me....

I am not 100% sure but this is what I feel, otherwise why we are receiving her messages from different members? Only admin can confirm this.

quote:

for no:2===> I respect your view but I still disagree...i think it is a gender issue as well....we still have "man domination mentality" in majority of MALES EVEN THEY ARE VERY SINCERE IN THEIR CAUSE.......

I agree with you, for me This is "NOT ONLY" due to gender. Gender is one of the reason but this may happen to some male member as well.

quote:

for no:3===>yes !!hkhan is a woman of great knowledge and wisdom....but what is the solution???

For me, only solution is to bring madam hkhan back.

quote:

some women should remain in the forum Admin. to represent female gender and please do not say that all other women except hkhan would be "MANGOES"......

I am not against any other female mod. We can have 2 or even more... I don't have any issue. I am not saying that other women are mangoes, NO ONE should be dealt with same attitude.

I have a very simple question: If admin appoint a new female mod, would that be a Jutice with Madam HKhan?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, July 5, 2010  -  10:35 AM Reply with quote
atifrafi wrote:
quote:

I have a very simple question: If admin appoint a new female mod, would that be a Jutice with Madam HKhan?

No. The admin. should apologise to madam khan and to the members of this forum for all the slander spread by the supporters of the admin. and bring madam Khan back and let her continue as a moderator as before. Then and only then will justice be done.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, July 7, 2010  -  7:54 AM Reply with quote
Saba 2 wrote:
quote:

Aboosait to answer your question no I am not after hina khans job, I was surprised when asked to take over the admin explained that he wanted me to take over as a void was created. I have no ulterior motives or any hidden agenda i dont think anyone can replace hnkhan she is a very fine person and her contributions irreplaceable.
Saba 2 also wrote:
quote:

I am in no way indebted to any one , yes I do admire this organization and respect all its members, now if the vacuum was created to appoint me then you would be justified in your objection but that was not the case.
And Saba 2 has already replaced Dr.Ms.Henna Khan as the all new woman Moderator as can be seen on the following page.

http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=3943&;lang=&forumid=26

If the link doesne work please click http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/forum.aspx?forumid=26&;lang=

and click open the topic 'Saudi Clerics Advocate Adult Breast-Feeding'

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:04 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 9 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker