1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 8 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
admin

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 28, 2010  -  10:39 AM Reply with quote
I would request all the participants of this forum to stop discussing the issue of Ms Khan's resignation and its acceptance. There were many reasons because of which it was not reversed and it is not appropriate that classified matters be discussed here.

If you do not trust our judgement and want to form an opinion about us, it is up to you.

Let us stop this here and let only those interested in discussing religious issues and not organizational ones continue.

To keep aloft the interest of the cause we all are serving and working for, I do not find it appropriate to reply to any further posts on this issue at this forum.

wassalam
Shehzad Saleem
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 28, 2010  -  5:31 PM Reply with quote
I think this subject has been stretched too far. We should leave it.Henna khan and the people concerned should sort it out between themselves. We should not succumb to wild speculations and badgumani.I think the wiser option for the admin is not to jump into the fray.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, June 28, 2010  -  6:34 PM Reply with quote
quote:

..........Henna khan and the people concerned should sort it out between themselves......
Isnt it our duty to support the oppressed?

By the way some important issues are being discussed in another forum where I happen to be a senior member. Please drop in whenever you find time.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/index.php
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, June 28, 2010  -  6:37 PM Reply with quote
quote:

..........let only those interested in discussing religious issues and not organizational ones continue.......
wassalam
Shehzad Saleem
Protecting the rights of the women is also a religious issue though you may try to save your face by calling it an organizational one.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, June 28, 2010  -  6:55 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Aboosait, if you are not telling a lie, give your phone number with the codes of INDIA.

I will ring you; you will find my number with codes of the place, on your mobile screen, if you don’t rely.

Edited by: Sanwal on Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:23 AM

Sanwal, One disadvantage in this forum is that we cannot send personal messages. You may PM me or post me a visitor message from the following web page if you are so keen in discussing personally with me.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/member.php?23423-aboosait
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Tuesday, June 29, 2010  -  6:32 AM Reply with quote
I think Mr Shazad Saleem is right partly.....we have to carry on the real mission of spreading and understanding ISLAM....

whether removing the hkhan was good or bad decision.....i do not think, if she would come back, she could develop a working relationship again with those who were against her....this is human nature.......and it is not end of the world...

alhamDolillah , she is working on so many good projects....good luck to her.....

partly he would be wrong....if he would not bring another same gender moderator..a female moderator...
that female moderator may keep an eye on admin. in future ..if again any gender biased action would be taken place....

the good work (understanding Islam) should be carried on.....
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 29, 2010  -  8:24 AM Reply with quote
For me i don't see this all ONLY as a gender issue. One member was forced to leave, we all respect her and want to know the reason as we DO NOT expect these issues from Al-Mawrid Team.

but if people don't want to disclose obviously we cannot force them. Maximum we can register our protest which we have done.

Respected Shahzad Saleem sb, You are saying that organizational issue should not be discussed here.... I think you haven't read posts from your member MUJJI.... Totally conflicting approach from both of you....

I am quitting now... not only this forum but hopefully the site.

May ALLAH bless you all

Edited by: atifrafi on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:25 AM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, June 29, 2010  -  10:58 AM Reply with quote
quote:

I am quitting now... not only this forum but hopefully the site.

May ALLAH bless you all

Edited by: atifrafi on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:25 AM
I have also decided to leave this forum/site because of the indiffefrent attitude of the admin.

aboo.

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:59 AM
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 29, 2010  -  11:42 AM Reply with quote
Khan's identities have been and persistently being blocked from the site hence she ether has to use a pen name or send her message across.

I think we all will have to accept the fact that Khan has been a target of jealousy by her own Muslim brother colleagues because of her immense sincerity, commitment, passion and above average performance that was based on her unshakable faith, that itself became a threat to the identity and recognition of the brothers working in the UK.

As she has questioned that although due to her persistent and extra ordinary consciousness about 'shirk e khafi' and getting more attached to organizations and personalities rather than work, she has repeatedly been expressing this concern of her's to the Dean and her teacher in the past also, but to her amazement, after the recent internal politics for the region and her being felt isolated in all this, a lot of interest was expressed by the UIUK president in her resignation and this time he made sure that this must happen! She expresses that he obviously is lead by the rest of his team and management of Almawrid.

She strongly felt that the admin of the websites she works with including Shehzad Saleem had been under immense pressure by the management of UIUK and Almawrid both.
This was all a news for her too and a shock to her image of the 'Angelic Version' of the organization, hence she wished to bring these facts to attention because as she expressed, it brought many faces out of veil and this type of mean politics could be deadly for the sincere works of her heroes i.e. Javed Ghamidi and Shehzad Saleem, who she believes are the innocent characters of this whole play, being messed up by the management and donors of the organization and she would never like to harm their hard earned work and efforts to bring the Truth to the world. In fact she is still involved in the introduction of this message at whatever level she can promote. She has described that how she took all the commitments in the community at every step after mutual consultation personally with Shehzad Saleem and the other brothers here involved with Almawrid's work, be it Studying Islam UK, Studying Islam Communities, Serving Humanity, Renaissance Readers Club UK, Pakistan Welfare Association, Faith Partnership or anything else and did not consider her time or money or any other resources more important than supporting this noble cause of the organization of almawrid but how she felt heart broken when finally she was given the title of just a habitual 'social worker'!whose works were of no value or benefit to Almawrid, hence isolating her completely when it was time to join hands for which she had been striving with passion and hard works.

This happens in all worldly set ups and this one has been no different because as she has written "Human After All" with a smile in one of the scripts of her book, My Lover- My Killer.

Most of us have been a target of of racial and religious discrimination in the West, more so since 9/11, but sadly Khan has also been a target of gender and kinship discrimination by her own religious brothers and colleagues whom she rendered high and looked up to them to support her work clarifying the misconceptions about Islam globally and specially in the West, so that not only her Muslim brothers and sisters and the Deen of Muhammad SAW who she classes as her Super hero, are supported through these difficult times that they are facing here and everywhere, but also the sincere people of the public from other religions could also be benefited by this beautiful message of peace.

Khan's message is just to be aware and learn our lessons but to please continue with all your good works without harming the basic message of this organization.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 29, 2010  -  12:40 PM Reply with quote
Salam everyone, why are you all talking about leaving the forum, aboosait, atifrafi this should not be an option. You just said"One member was forced to leave, we all respect her and want to know the reason as we DO NOT expect these issues from Al-Mawrid Team." So don't quit on this issue this organization and Hina as well we all respect hinakhan and yes we also respect this organization and no it should not be an autocratic body it leaves you to grope blindly.
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 29, 2010  -  2:38 PM Reply with quote
Atif Rafi and aboosait plz don,t leave the forum or the site.The site as well as the forums are wonderful! Satan will try to sow the seeds of mistrust in our hearts.It is wiser that we should respect the decision of the admin. The admin might not want to discuss the matter due to some,not necessarily unsavoury one,reasons.

Edited by: aslammir on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:39 PM
sista_amina

NEW ZEALAND
Posted - Wednesday, June 30, 2010  -  5:12 PM Reply with quote
I think Khan is unnecessarily taking too much of the blame on herself again. Whenever there is a mess in a team, the manager should be kicked, not the players. It is her good will and respect towards the teachers that she is announcing them as innocent, however if these people were aware of the internal politics, which they must have well been, they should have warned her before hand rather than allowing her to drag along for so many years and as she mentions in her script, 'trying to throw her away like a used tissue' after that.
A very nice advice by the admin to continue 'other' religious discussions. In other words, ignore this issue and dump it as many other women's issues are being dumped since centuries and please continue having the pleasure by your 'Acadamic Masturbation' as it is called, to please oneself. Forget about the practice where Allah has put you all in this trial, for some reason. This may have been a neglected section in otherwise a highly performing organization. May be this is the moment for you to stop and think!
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, June 30, 2010  -  9:24 PM Reply with quote
quote:

In other words, ignore this issue and dump it as many other women's issues are being dumped since centuries and please continue having the pleasure by your 'Acadamic ******' as it is called, to please oneself. Forget about the practice where Allah has put you all in this trial, for some reason

haha...what a great comments....i like that...

but sister i think we should respect Mr Shezad Saleem 's request as hkhan herself respects him....

you can never wipe out the male gender conservative attitude towards women which were going on thru centuries in religious circle as well....

How Al-mawrid could remain safe from such thinking...

but I believe those males big shots in Al-mawrid are sincere in their understanding....this is their upbringing since centuries and brain washing since centuries...

but I still have trust in people like Mr Ghamdi AND MR SHEZAD SALEEM that they would continue try to uphold the real image of woman.....

so please give them a break..they are under big pressure...sometimes it happens ......

i hope they would not forget hkhan and bring her in momentum in some other way....

after all we all need to continue our mission just for Allah....
which is "to understand, propagade and practice real islam to purify ourselves to be eligible for eternal world...
..and this needs sometimes sacrifice... like Ansaar did with quraish.... by not to take any big political post in Sahaba times...

God knows better
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, July 1, 2010  -  4:02 PM Reply with quote
quote:

...... The admin might not want to discuss the matter due to some,not necessarily unsavoury one,reasons.....
But they are discussing - keeping their accused away from the discussion - blocking her id and password, preventing her even from speaking a word in defence. What does that mean? How could you ask us to remain in a site run by such unjust dictators? Even if the accused were to be one of their paid staff they have no right to resort to such injustice.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 1, 2010  -  8:37 PM Reply with quote
i dont think anyone harbors ill feelings towards hnkhan on this forum we all respect her, as for Mr.Mujahid he has stopped posting and hnkhan did reply to his posts and the admin has posted only twice with no allegations towards Hina Khan.
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 2, 2010  -  5:16 AM Reply with quote
http://www.studying-islam.org/querytext.aspx?id=936

http://al-mawrid.tv/category/islam-and-women

See all this... I see it as a clear contradiction between the words and acts. Still how can I participate in this forum?

I still believe that Ghamidi Sb has nothing to do with all this and I still admire him, But the Acts of the admins are completely different.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 8 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker